Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Warsaw Praga, Poland [Master Thread]

Old Dec 2, 2018, 1:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website. Opening Jan '19. Cat 3.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-warsaw-praga/

"Moxy Hotel is located in Koneser area in the heart of Old Praga district. Post-industrial design with a combination of contemporary buildings harmoniously reflecting the landmark’s urban buildings.

Koneser is located in the buzzing Zabkowska street of the Old Praga district. Moxy is part of a brand new revitalized complex which is historically known for being a 19th century Polish Vodka Distillery. The hotel’s lively public space area gives you the freedom for a great start of both your day and evening, whether it be a business meeting, fun date, a party or just to simply relax with our signature Moxy cocktail. The bright and open hotel lobby layout is paired with contemporary and industrial furniture. Depending on your mood you can also find your own space - we offer both quiet business corners, as well as lively common spaces to work, play and have fun. The lobby also boasts a state-of-the art video wall and 24/7 Grab&Go section offering a wide selection of snacks and drinks. All bedrooms are equipped with flat screen televisions, build in USB ports and free Wifi. Bright and spacious rooms overlooking 4 directions of the dynamic city makes you feel the spirit of the buzzing capital."

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Apr 24, 2019 at 10:44 am Reason: add category...
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am here right now, just for one night (fortunately). The main entrance of the hotel is not open yet, so it is quite hard for visitors and taxi drivers to find it. You have to walk into the square behind the hotel and enter the hotel via the back entrance. That means you have to go up some stairs, through the door, and then down a long staircase. There is no elevator at this side of the hotel, so if you have trouble walking up or down stairs or have heavy luggage then this will be a problem.

The FD did not mention my loyalty, but my keycard said I was upgraded though - to a Moxy Family room on the 4th floor, which is large and nice as everything is brand new. They only have two types of rooms - the standard Moxy Sleeper, and the Moxy Family room. There's a desk, a sofa and a chair. Bathroom is small, but it is well equipped, and has a nice walk in shower.

The room doors are cool and industrial, but they are useless when it comes to soundproofing, I can hear every little sound coming from the corridor, and when my neighbour open and close his door if feels like he is entering my room. Creepy! Having said that, the room is very comfy apart from that.

I have stayed at a few Moxy hotels, and I have really enjoyed their vast lobby bars, as they are airy and nice and usually quite lively. I was very dissappointed when I went down to have a couple of beers, only to be told that they don't have a permit to sell and/or serve alcohol, and she had no idea when they would get it. I asked her if she had any recommendations for bars in the nearby area, and I was quite briskly told: "There are alot of bars around!". Very dissappointing!

However, there is alot of bars/restaurants in the area around the hotel, just like the receptionist told me And there is a mall with Starbucks, Carrefour, etc close to the hotel, maybe 5-10 minutes on foot. There is loads of construction going on around the hotel, so I guess this will be a nice up and coming area in the next few years.

Would I stay here again? In the near future - absolutely not! I wouldnt recommend staying here within the next few months. I guess they will have sorted out these problems within a couple of months.
EuropeanPete and yurtripper like this.

Last edited by skrosvik; Feb 25, 2019 at 2:12 pm
Old Feb 25, 2019, 1:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Back to the Bristol it is then.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Skyteam E+, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Back to the Bristol it is then.
^
Old Feb 26, 2019, 8:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Guess it needs a few months to sort itself out, although not sure how they're going to fix the corridor noise.

Cheers.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 10:33 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
How is it these days?
Old Oct 18, 2021, 10:10 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Moxy Warsaw Praga Review

Moxy Warsaw Praga

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Moxy Warsaw Praga

Zabkowska 29 Warsaw, PL 03-736

Moxy Warsaw Praga Review (4 Photos)

Moxy Warsaw Praga

I stayed at this hotel for one night. I had chosen it for its proximity to the eastern train station in the city. I had a short 7 hour stay as I was positioning myself from a train trip to a bus trip to go over the border to Brest, Belarus. This long distance bus leaves from the opposite side of the train station. The station is about 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

If you need to be in this area or need to position yourself for early transportation I can highly recommend this hotel. But you must be aware of the Moxy standards. You will not get culinary or service heaven. You will get exactly what the brand promises.

My rate was really cheap (around 40 EUR) so I pretty much viewed it as a good place for fleshing up and getting a short sleep.

Check In

I had checked in using the app. I decided to forego the mobile keys option, because I was too tired to deal with technology. But the option was there.

The staff at check in were really friendly, offered advice about the area and wondered why I was not staying longer. They made me feel really welcome and seemed genuine.

Covid notes: They did check my passport. I do not remember if this is a typical Polish requirement or a temporary Covid Polish requirement. I do not remember them asking for any Covid test/vaccination documentation. Mask usage was required when walking around, but many people were not wearing them.

I had booked a regular room and was upgraded to a larger room with quite a bit space.

As a plat I was offered the choice of 500 points or a 10 USD F&B credit. I went for the credit.

Further, I was invited to a free gin-based welcome drink. I think that all guests were invited to this, but I am not so sure, since the hotel was rather empty and no one else checked in while I was in the lobby/bar area..

Room

The room was more than ample for my needs. I heard no outside noise. The temperature was fine. The bed was comfortable. Everything seemed clean to me.

I enjoyed the water pressure of the shower (no tub) after having stayed in previous hotel that had a dripping shower. Probably this was relative and the Moxy objectively had normal water pressure.

Toiletries and towels were provide. In-app it was possible to order more or place other service requests.

1E20A4CC-CAAC-49E1-959E-D45867E8D061.jpegD9BF9236-394B-4DE1-B1E6-321E750E29F6.jpeg1BF47245-626B-4AF6-BC49-1FBB576B0304.jpeg0E5E4149-B1EE-4F56-8402-F525A483E290.jpeg

Dining

I think all of the Moxys have the same setup where the check in is at one end of the rectangular bar. The bar has an extensive cocktail and drinks menu.

The free cocktail did not really excite me. I also tried an Old Fashioned. It was good, but nothing spectacular. The bartender was chatty which was nice, but also left you alone if she noticed that you wanted some peace and quiet.

The food is the typical self-service selection that Moxy always has. You have to pick everything yourself and then charge it to your room. Most of it is packaged stuff.

I left at 04:00 am, well before the start of breakfast (actually there was a small group of people that left the hotel at this time, seemingly going to a party). In any case I suspect the breakfast would be the standard self-service, cafeteria style that Moxy always has. Certainly not my favorite, but brand standard.

Moxy Warsaw Praga Review

Would you like to write a review on the Moxy Warsaw Praga?

No, thank you.
Yes
N751PR likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by cbellero
Introduction I stayed at this hotel for one night. I had chosen it for its proximity to the eastern train station in the city. I had a short 7 hour stay as I was positioning myself from a train trip to a bus trip to go over the border to Best, Belarus. This long distance bus leaves from the opposite side of the train station.If you need to be in this area or need to position yourself for early transportation I can highly recommend this hotel.My rate was really cheap (around 40 EUR) so I pretty much viewed it as a good place for fleshing up and getting a short sleep. Check In I had checked in using the app. I decided to forego the mobile keys option, because I was too tired to deal with technology. But the option was there.The staff at check in were really friendly, offered advice about the area and wondered why I was not staying longer. They made me feel really welcome and seemed genuine.Covid notes: They did check my passport. I do not remember if this is a typical Polish requirement or a temporary Covid Polish requirement. I do not remember them asking for any Covid test/vaccination documentation. Mask usage was required when walking around, but many people were not wearing them.I had booked a regular room and was upgraded to a larger room with quite a bit space.As a plat I was offered the choice of 500 points or a 10 USD F&B credit. I went for the credit.Further, I was invited to a free gin-based welcome drink. I think that all guests were invited to this, but I am not so sure, since the hotel was rather empty and no one else checked in while I was in the lobby/bar area.. Room The room was more than ample for my needs. I heard no outside noise. The temperature was fine. The bed was comfortable. Everything seemed clean to me.I enjoyed the water pressure of the shower (no tub) after having stayed in previous hotel that had a dripping shower. Probably this was relative and the Moxy objectively had normal water pressure.Toiletries and towels were provide. In-app it was possible to order more or place other service requests. Dining I think all of the Moxys have the same setup where the check in is at one end of the rectangular bar. The bar has an extensive cocktail and drinks menu.The free cocktail did not really excite me. I also tried an Old Fashioned. It was good, but nothing spectacular. The bartender was chatty which was nice, but also left you alone if she noticed that you wanted some peace and quiet.The food is the typical self-service selection that Moxy always has. You have to pick everything yourself and then charge it to your room. Most of it is packaged stuff.I left at 04:00 am, well before the start of breakfast (actually there was a small group of people that left the hotel at this time, seemingly going to a party). In any case I suspect the breakfast would be the standard self-service, cafeteria style that Moxy always has. Certainly not my favorite, but brand standard.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 11:57 am

I stayed there last month. i really liked the hotel.
Family room upgrade based on my status was really nice.
And had a blast with the soccer game in the lobby.
Nice staff . the hotel is newish and modern so great water pressure and heating system.
The breakfast was comped for my status but was soso. I wouldnt reccomend paying for it.
The area at night seems a little rough if you are alone but there is a very big mall 10 minues away by foot
reggiekush and N751PR like this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 8:51 pm

@finarg: yes, much better than Sheraton Grand Warsaw if you compare price to quality of service.
N751PR likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
Just came out of a four night stay a few days ago with an experience similar to @finarg. Did appreciate the restaurants and the ALDI in the Koneser complex, a Sklep Spożywczy supermarket down and across the street, and liked the Galeria Wileńska further down in one direction and Warszawa Wschodnia on the other. Ditto on the breakfast if you have to pay for it, the Orzo restaurant across from the rear entrance of the hotel in the complex may provide an alternative. Reading @cbellero made me realize I forgot to try the free drink while there.

UPDATE: for those that need a more appropriate desk, I just heard from the GM that they apparently offer rollaway desks for those who might find those narrow glass tables attached to the wall insufficient.
reggiekush likes this.

Last edited by N751PR; Mar 14, 2022 at 1:08 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.