Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Moxy Darmstadt - Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2018, 12:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Hotel website. Cat 3. Opening Dec '18.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...oxy-darmstadt/

Moxy Darmstadt new stylish hotel & hangout in science city

"Moxy Darmstadt is centrally located in the city less than 30 minutes away from Frankfurt International Airport. The hotel is a short walk from the main train station in Darmstadt and 10 walking to the Luisenplatz in central Darmstadt."
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:18 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
opening delayed some months but now accepting reservations for january.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I have just arrived here, the hotel is celebrating six days since opening.

The lobby interior is similar to the Moxy Frankfurt Airport (no surprises), but the rooms, beds and bathrooms are to a higher standard. It also lacks the idiotic semi-naked floor to ceiling pictures that the Frankfurt airport rooms have.

Recognition for me as a Platinum Premier was good, I was upgraded to a corner room with floor to ceiling windows. My upgrade expectations for the Moxy chain are very low it must be said, I'm not expecting a St Regis suite here.

All guests until April receive free breakfast, to celebrate the hotel's opening. As a reminder, Platinums are not eligible for breakfast at the Moxy only a $10 food/beverage voucher.

The air conditioning appears to be individually room controlled, which is very welcome in continental Europe where a lot of units have a shared central system.

The location is close to the other hotels here and is literally within the sprawling Deutsche Telekom campus, which is the reason I suspect the vast majority of travellers (including myself) are here.
bubbelbine likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
I should add that the silly semi naked wall pictures are still there in the base room. My colleague without status did not get upgraded and mentioned it at breakfast.

The breakfast itself is very weak and I do not recommend paying for it.

Overall, still happy with my stay and would stay again here in Darmstadt.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:01 pm

Just returned here for a one night stay. This time given a 1st floor room with no upgrade (despite my preferences being a high floor, sigh - second property in a row to do this).

A change to note on my earlier comments: The free breakfast for all guests until April did not survive long, it has now been cancelled. I asked what happened and the staff seemed to indicate there was some form of confusion or glitch. Funny way of justifying it, but there we go.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the further updates, especially wrt breakfast. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:20 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anyone stay here lately?
Old Aug 16, 2020, 3:28 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
I had a couple of stays here and encountered a lot of problems... Once they charged me multiple times and wouldnt want to refund the overcharges.. It took me months to get it resolved.
They don't allow early check-in at all. Hotel was empty on a corona weekend but i was denied a 30 minute early check-in. I paid and left and went to the nearby HIEX. I wont come back here.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:29 pm

Stayed here recently.

Was offered upgrade to a corner room (which I believe is the only higher room category they have got) at CI. Declined as I didn't actually want to sleep there (just did two nights as a mattress run for a Platinum challenge).

Was also offered an adult beverage as a welcome amenity.

Base rooms seem fine and adhere to Moxy's relatively tight brand standard.

My main gripe with the hotel is location. It is part of a newly-developed area and there's nothing much there. It's about a 10-minute walk to the central station. And, of course, Darmstadt's central station is outside the city center, too. So you'll have to take a tram or a bus to get to the city center (Luisenplatz).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.