Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum Desk -- Quickest Way to the Right Agent?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHoners Gold, SPG Gold, National ExecElite, Hertz PC, Avis First

Does anyone know how to navigate Marriott/SPG's new IVR system to quickly get an agent on the line when calling the Platinum desk?
I press 0 to circumvent their god awful system after saying agent over and over does no good, and I get connected to the general desk, who then has to redirect me to the platinum desk. This is absolutely bonkers. Whoever designed and implemented this needs to be fired, ostracized, run from town, and banned from ever working in hospitality again.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by theYipster; Nov 30, 2018 at 6:14 pm
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
I am sick and tired of all the phone systems.

I get why they do it, but it's ridiculous to people like me and my wife who do everything online and the only reason we ever call anyplace is to talk to someone to do something we can't do online.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:37 pm

I am missing SPG Platinum Chat.... Not all things can be done via online. Call centre (whichever platinum, ambassador or any ) is not reliable.
UA-NYC and EuropeanPete like this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by cozysuite
I am missing SPG Platinum Chat.... Not all things can be done via online. Call centre (whichever platinum, ambassador or any ) is not reliable.

IHG Chat and HIlton Chat are a lot easier then calling in! I wish Marriott would do this again!
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.