Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Springhill Suites BWI Airport, Baltimore [Master Thread]

Old Nov 26, 18, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Stay Report 11/22 - 11/23

Location: Do note that two hotels technically are the BWI SHS, this one and another that's the SHS Arundel Mills / BWI. This hotel is about as close to BWI as you can get as its located at the intersection of I-195 and I-295. Nearby are a few chain restaurants, several other hotels and also a movie theater. The hotel is a 5 minute ride from the terminals at BWI.

Hotel: A pretty standard suburban/near an airport SHS property though the parking lot is a little on the small side. Inside there's a small indoor pool, breakfast area, business center with two computers and a small store in the lobby selling snacks and drinks and the like. There is an airport shuttle and it runs from 3 AM to 3 AM on the half hour. You can prebook it too.

Check In: I was offered either a Marketplace Item or bonus points and I took the points. I also had no issue changing from my booked room of two queens to a room with one king.

Room: Standard SHS room with a living room, bedroom and the split bathroom as well as a work area and small kitchen area. Annoyingly there's only a single TV which is equally hard to see from both the bedroom and living room but at least it was a SmarTV.

This is often the cheapest BWI airport hotel and it's perfectly fine. I'd gladly be back.
Old Nov 26, 18, 9:31 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by CMK10 View Post
Turndown chocolates on the bed?

Also, did they do anything special for Thanksgiving?

David

Last edited by DELee; Nov 26, 18 at 9:38 pm
Old Nov 28, 18, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/1MM, DL PM, UA Plat, HH DIA, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Turndown chocolates on the bed?

Also, did they do anything special for Thanksgiving?

David
The chocolates were left there by the maid along with a card with her name on it. And no I didn't see anything special for Thanksgiving.