Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase CC Points Not Posting

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:37 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
How would I know since I cannot view my activity?

(Going on 2 1/2 months now)
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
The points from my 11/22 statement posted on 11/24 as usual. However, the nights from my 10/22 statement did not post until 11/24. The nights usually post 18-21 days after the statement.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:13 pm

I got a 50K bonus from Chase and according to my bank they gave it to me on November 17. Marriott has told me that it will take up to eight weeks to post on my account. And I really wanted to get them before I go to Japan in January.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Edited: My points finally posted, and I thought it was with the help of the Starwood Lurker. Apparently, they posted before the Lurker was able to assist. At least they posted!

Last edited by jeanie; Dec 3, 2018 at 1:06 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:28 am

My points have just posted as well. As a reminder, my statement had closed on November 17th, and they posted on December 2nd.

Interestingly, while the points appeared today and the date in the activity feed indeed shows "December 2nd", the line appears before unrelated account activity that happened on November 26th.

I had sent a message to both Chase and Marriott a couple of days ago, not sure if that had any effect. Chase had responded the next day that the points have indeed been sent to Marriott, and I haven't heard back from Marriott (yet).

Last edited by mk712; Dec 3, 2018 at 1:34 am
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
My Marriott Chase CC points have still not posted.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 7:51 am

Thumbs up

Found all the info here helpful. I sent my email out late last night.

And then I decided to check my account right after.

Turned out the points had posted earlier in the day and I hadn't noticed.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, SW A List Preferred
FWIW I was just on the United forum, and someone there said that their United Chase had not posted, either, after regularly posting like clockwork. So, there might be something hanging up on the Chase side of things...
Old Dec 3, 2018, 1:18 pm
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
22,000 points not posted

On Nov. 17th I transferred 22,000 points from my Chase Sapphire Reserve Card to my Marriott Rewards account and they still have not posted.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mav
On Nov. 17th I transferred 22,000 points from my Chase Sapphire Reserve Card to my Marriott Rewards account and they still have not posted.
Can you tell from the total?

In case not: Be aware that transfer activity may post "out of order".

I made a transfer on Nov 3 from Diners Club USA, and when it posted on Nov 30, i couldn't find it until I scrolled down in the Activity to early November. It's in the place November 3 (the date I initiated the transfer) would be, but it's showing the Nov 30 posting date only!
Old Dec 4, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch

I made a transfer on Nov 3 from Diners Club USA, and when it posted on Nov 30, i couldn't find it until I scrolled down in the Activity to early November. It's in the place November 3 (the date I initiated the transfer) would be, but it's showing the Nov 30 posting date only!
Did it take 27 days for the points to post?
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by naumank
Did it take 27 days for the points to post?
Well, to transfer and post. I don't know the actual transfer timing, whether the delay was mostly in the transfer or in the posting.
Old Dec 8, 2018, 4:16 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Unhappy

Originally Posted by sdsearch

Yes, I appreciate your suggestion, but and I always keep records of points and stay totals. It is now December 8th and they STILL have not posted. I have called Marriott 4 times, and Chase 3 x's
Old Feb 28, 2019, 11:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Gold, Pualani Gold
Warning: Marriott Rewards Chase Visa shorting points

Just a heads up to my fellow travelers who have the Marriott Rewards Chase Visa card: Five times in the past two months, I was only given 2x points for my Marriott hotel stays, instead of 6x. Each time I had to call them up and they had to make an adjustment, so you guys might want to double check your statements. The first couple times, I didn't catch it until I read my statement at the end of the billing month, and it took longer to receive credit. The last few times I caught it within days of the charges, and was able to get them to make the adjustment sooner, before the end of my billing cycle. In all 5 cases, my Marriott hotel charges that didn't get credited were hotels outside of the U.S.
kalo93406 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kamaainaflyer
Just a heads up to my fellow travelers who have the Marriott Rewards Chase Visa card: Five times in the past two months, I was only given 2x points for my Marriott hotel stays, instead of 6x. Each time I had to call them up and they had to make an adjustment, so you guys might want to double check your statements. The first couple times, I didn't catch it until I read my statement at the end of the billing month, and it took longer to receive credit. The last few times I caught it within days of the charges, and was able to get them to make the adjustment sooner, before the end of my billing cycle. In all 5 cases, my Marriott hotel charges that didn't get credited were hotels outside of the U.S.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, kamaainaflyer.

What was the form of the names of the hotels where you didn't get 6x? Did they have "Marriott" or "Sheraton" or some other well know brand in the first few words of the name, or were they of the form "The Such-and-Such Hotel, a Member of the Whatever Portfolio"? And if the latter, did the full name appear on the credit card statement, or since the brand was at the far end of the name, did it drop off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.