Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by cy1978hk
I think I'm losing patience on this. I have my 25 stays (or slightly more than that to buffer for some inadvertently missing stay error) completed in 2018 but I didn't receive any confirmation or an update to the lifetime platinum years counter yet! This is a bad IT merger unfortunately.....
Qualification by stays is a legacy rule and requires a special sweep that appears to not have happened yet. It's not clear if there will be one massive sweep for all the legacy rules or many little sweeps for each individual rule.

Yes, there have been many upon many failures. If they have exceeded your tolerance level then moving on may be appropriate, but if you want to salvage your Marriott/Bonvoy relationship, waiting for them to get through this is necessary. I doubt there is any one individual, or group of individuals (like FT) that has the ability to persuade Marriott to change how they are handling this IT merger. We are in the middle of the rapids and there's no place to land the boat safely, hang on.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Qualification by stays is a legacy rule and requires a special sweep that appears to not have happened yet. It's not clear if there will be one massive sweep for all the legacy rules or many little sweeps for each individual rule.
This is what I'm waiting on. I figure there's no point in trying to address any status issues until this happens, so it would be useful for anyone to post here if/when the sweep takes place.

Most likely, I'll be left fighting for Plat recognition as I'm pessimistic my bonus stays from last year will be taken into account by any sweep. Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
My platinum qualification based on 2018 legacy SPG stays occurred approximately a week ago.

My counter went up by 1 year.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 9:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by CanRulez
My platinum qualification based on 2018 legacy SPG stays occurred approximately a week ago.

My counter went up by 1 year.
Just for clarification : other than seeing the counter increment by 1, what confirmation evidence are people seeing that 25 stays at SPG legacy properties in 2018 has indeed earned them Platinum status thru the 2019 calendar year (which presumably expires 28 Feb 2020) ?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:22 pm

Mine LT status refreshed 2 weeks ago, until now, no further email or anything point out my re-qualification.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:49 pm

Platinum Elite Finally Updated

I guess better late than never, but my SPG/Marriott Status was finally updated to reflect Platinum Elite based on 25 Starwood stays in 2018.

I collected my 25th stay on December 30th so hopefully everyone else’s statuses are now up to date as well.

Hoping for a better year ahead from SPG/Marriott in their execution of this merger. I’d rate last year a D.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by Tuckerman92075
I guess better late than never, but my SPG/Marriott Status was finally updated to reflect Platinum Elite based on 25 Starwood stays in 2018.

I collected my 25th stay on December 30th so hopefully everyone else’s statuses are now up to date as well.

Hoping for a better year ahead from SPG/Marriott in their execution of this merger. I’d rate last year a D.
Where do you see this info? I'm not seeing an update to my years of LT Plat yet (I also qualified in Dec based on 25 stays at SPG hotels).
N515CR likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold
My lifetime counter is the same so haven’t seen a sweep. Also hit 25 stays in December.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
Did anyone relying on bonus stays to reach 25 stays see their status updated? I’m still waiting.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: marriott hyatt ihg
Can you help me find the William Saunders question and answer mega thread from the period leading up to August 18 where he discusses getting two
qualifying platinum years in 2018 based on qualifying in both the legacy marriott program as well as the
legacy starwood programs, please?

For those of us who believe that we qualified in both, with January having come and gone, is it time to contact the
Bonvoy ? Marriott people to request the missing year? if so, any suggestions as to how to proceed please?

thank you
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:03 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by usuario
Did anyone relying on bonus stays to reach 25 stays see their status updated? I’m still waiting.
I finally saw my number of years as platinum counter went up by 1 today based on 25 stays I achieved last year. It is a long wait......
Hope I can find my platinum valid till period from the website and a confirmation e-mail from SPG on the platinum status requlification.....
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:27 am

Programs: DL DM 1.77MM, Marriott LT Plat
Data point: My 'years as platinum' finally updated on the app sometime in the last 24 hours. I called on Thursday and spoke to a very nice and helpful agent who confirmed that they saw the correct # of years on their system, so that was somewhat comforting.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Southwest Rapid Rewards A-List, HHonors Gold
Mine counter also went up yesterday to add a year as platinum! Glad it finally went through.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:48 pm

Now that it's already Feb., is it safe to assume that if you're Plat now you will be Plat for the rest of the year?
Thx.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:11 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
No wait until Bonvoy launches
BallardFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.