Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Yes - my SPG Plat year counter went up by 1 pre-8/18 when I hit my 25th stay (was only at 40-ish nights at the time)

But good luck getting recognition of it from Marriott now...you should but it's Marriott and all...
Where do you see this information? I'd love to confirm my lifetime years as well.

As for getting recognition for platinum this year, I pushed customer support on this via e-mail and they were able to confirm that I'd have Platinum Elite membership through January 2020, so it's nice to at least have the e-mail confirmation pointing it out.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 9:25 pm

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
Originally Posted by Beeb
Where do you see this information? I'd love to confirm my lifetime years as well.

As for getting recognition for platinum this year, I pushed customer support on this via e-mail and they were able to confirm that I'd have Platinum Elite membership through January 2020, so it's nice to at least have the e-mail confirmation pointing it out.
I had the same confirmation by phone. In hindsight, should've asked them to email me.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 11:51 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
For people achieving their 25th legacy SPG stay after Aug 18th, 2018, has anyone been able to see if the sweep in Jan 2019 has been processed. I cannot find an online status expiration date anywhere. Last week I tried to to email to have them confirm I'm Platinum thru Jan 2020 based on legacy SPG stays in 2018, but the agent on the email was incapable of understanding my question.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
For people achieving their 25th legacy SPG stay after Aug 18th, 2018, has anyone been able to see if the sweep in Jan 2019 has been processed. I cannot find an online status expiration date anywhere. Last week I tried to to email to have them confirm I'm Platinum thru Jan 2020 based on legacy SPG stays in 2018, but the agent on the email was incapable of understanding my question.
No, it has not happened. I am qualified for LTPP with my combined account and it is still separate. Current talk is it will not happen until maybe the first week of Feb and then be spread out over several days.

Many of the CSRs are clueless to anything other than what the computer tells them. The chances of getting an agent that will look past what is on their screen falls into the same probability of a 5-day SNA request being approved at 5 days out.
BallardFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
No, it has not happened.
How will we know when it happened?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
There will be +/- 5,000 posts in the forum discussing their updated LT status
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
How will we know when it happened?
As stated, this thread will probably shoot up to over 1000 posts for one.

And you will see a change in you status, providing you qualified. None of the programs I belong to are very good about informing members when annual maintenance runs are completed. You would think putting out informational messages would be foremost on their minds to help relieve the panic calls to their call centers. My only guess is the group that can do them is not the one getting the calls so why bother?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
As stated, this thread will probably shoot up to over 1000 posts for one.

And you will see a change in you status, providing you qualified. None of the programs I belong to are very good about informing members when annual maintenance runs are completed. You would think putting out informational messages would be foremost on their minds to help relieve the panic calls to their call centers. My only guess is the group that can do them is not the one getting the calls so why bother?
I'm Platinum Premier now, and have been since mid-2018. I had a total of 77 nights in 2018, so presumably I qualify for PP until Jan 31 2020, right?

But, I can't find anywhere on Marriott's website what the effective date of my status is. By comparison, Delta tells me I'm PM through January 2020, and has displayed that since about October 2018 when I qualified to renew that status level.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
I'm Platinum Premier now, and have been since mid-2018. I had a total of 77 nights in 2018, so presumably I qualify for PP until Jan 31 2020, right?

But, I can't find anywhere on Marriott's website what the effective date of my status is. By comparison, Delta tells me I'm PM through January 2020, and has displayed that since about October 2018 when I qualified to renew that status level.
Marriott doesn't do that. If your status sticks after Feb 1st then it's a good guess you are good to go until the end of Jan 2020. If you really need to know, then a chat with a CSR might help, but their accuracy on most things MPG is not great.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:23 pm

Just sent another email to SPG regards to the re-qualification process..Timeline should be within Jan, but they also no clue when will happen..
Old Jan 16, 2019, 6:27 pm

Programs: *wood Marriott P-life, *alliance UA MM, AA MM
Just spoke with 2 Marriott CSRs (not a HUCA, but a call drop from the marriott side) who both said that stays were only for lifetime qualification, not for Platinum renewal.

they confirmed that I completed 28 stays and 46 nights in 2018 at Starwood properties.

So how do we go about initiating the last sweep of Starwood stays?

(they both agreed that they were not enthused about the new "Bonvoy" name, so at least we concurred on something!)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 7:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cyberjet
Just spoke with 2 Marriott CSRs (not a HUCA, but a call drop from the marriott side) who both said that stays were only for lifetime qualification, not for Platinum renewal.

they confirmed that I completed 28 stays and 46 nights in 2018 at Starwood properties.

So how do we go about initiating the last sweep of Starwood stays?

(they both agreed that they were not enthused about the new "Bonvoy" name, so at least we concurred on something!)
Phone agents should be forced to take some little multiple choice test to prove that they know the basics of the program. I'm really sick of their decisions to just make something up rather than learning the correct answer.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:33 pm

My lifetime status just being updated! Successfully earn another year platinum (49 nights, 28 stays with few in 2x S&N promo). All set for 2019 now!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:02 am

Programs: SQ PPS, OZ Gold, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Tonyc1234
My lifetime status just being updated! Successfully earn another year platinum (49 nights, 28 stays with few in 2x S&N promo). All set for 2019 now!
I think I'm losing patience on this. I have my 25 stays (or slightly more than that to buffer for some inadvertently missing stay error) completed in 2018 but I didn't receive any confirmation or an update to the lifetime platinum years counter yet! This is a bad IT merger unfortunately.....
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by cy1978hk
I think I'm losing patience on this. I have my 25 stays (or slightly more than that to buffer for some inadvertently missing stay error) completed in 2018 but I didn't receive any confirmation or an update to the lifetime platinum years counter yet! This is a bad IT merger unfortunately.....
Have you email to SPG to let them manually confirm your no of stay? If so, better ask them to re-confirm, think they are pushing out the re-qualificiation...

Migrating two completely different system is difficult and full of challenge. May be they can parallel run several critical modules longer, rather than rushing out full update without enough backend support

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.