Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum Premier, IHG Gold, Phyllis Court Junior Member
Omg. Mine says it too, although the "Benefits" link takes me to a page that calls it Platinum Premier, less impressively. It's rather nice to have a separate name - Hilton doesn't do this for Diamonds with 75 nights!
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Hmmm. Mine still says Platinum Premiere Elite, nights to Platinum Premiere Elite, and Lifetime Platinum Premiere Elite - Marriott app, SPG app (iOS) and web site.
C17PSGR likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
My elite status is still showing PP on the App. But if I look at my nights details, it says "Renew Lifetime Titanium Elite at 32 nights". I didn't realize that I need to have more nights each year to renew my LT status.
It's been that way for a # of years - even though LT still says to renew lifetime, X # of nights. Figure it's just the IT programming.

Cheers.
Old Jan 8, 2019, 12:30 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Figure it's just the IT programming.
That is what I was thinking as well. I just thought it a bit humorous though. And the fact that I only need 32 nights to renew Titanium, but need 57 nights to get to Platinum.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Can you post a screen shot of where it says Titanium?

Somehow I have 0 nights this year but "84 night(s) to Platinum Premiere Elite". Where does 84 come from? Nights detail has 0 paid, redeemed, promotional, credit cards, events, rollover = 2019 total = 0

The graph below listing all the tiers has PPE at 75. Somehow I need more?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 5:38 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Can you post a screen shot of where it says Titanium?

Somehow I have 0 nights this year but "84 night(s) to Platinum Premiere Elite". Where does 84 come from? Nights detail has 0 paid, redeemed, promotional, credit cards, events, rollover = 2019 total = 0

The graph below listing all the tiers has PPE at 75. Somehow I need more?
Unfortunately, a few hours after I noticed the "Titanium" designation, it reverted back to PP. I suspect Marriott IT was performing some testing and it accidently changed production as well. Which when they found out, they fixed it.

I don't think they have the "renew XXX nights to PP" correctly displaying yet. Mine says I need 32 nights to renew. Right now I have 0 nights for the year. So if they had the renewal info correctly displayed it should either state 75 nights or 0 nights as I'm LTPP. So I wouldn't worry too much about that number right now. Also, note, if I go to the Nights Details on the mobile app, it says I need 32 nights to renew PPE, but 57 nights to renew Plat.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jan 11, 2019 at 9:09 am
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CPRich
Everything wrong is new Marriott normal.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:41 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Interesting. My app says Platinum Premier Elite (which is correctly through January as I only had 52 nights last year). It shows 4 nights this year but doesn't say anything anywhere about how many nights to renew/achieve/etc.

But at least the LT screen correctly shows I need 12 nights to LT Platinum .
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JBord
Interesting. My app says Platinum Premier Elite (which is correctly through January as I only had 52 nights last year). It shows 4 nights this year but doesn't say anything anywhere about how many nights to renew/achieve/etc.

But at least the LT screen correctly shows I need 12 nights to LT Platinum .
This is LT Plat based on the new combined program requirements, namely 600 nights and 10 years of Plat (presumably 50 nights elite status level, so old MR Gold included too)?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by hhoope01
Unfortunately, a few hours after I noticed the "Titanium" designation, it reverted back to PP. I suspect Marriott IT was performing some testing and it accidently changed production as well. Which when they found out, they fixed it.
You appear to be operating under the impression that Marriott IT has a test environment that is not the production environment. That's cute.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
You appear to be operating under the impression that Marriott IT has a test environment that is not the production environment. That's cute.
You caught me.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is LT Plat based on the new combined program requirements, namely 600 nights and 10 years of Plat (presumably 50 nights elite status level, so old MR Gold included too)?
Yes, it's showing correctly according to the new program rules. I have the 10 years of 50+ nights, just needed a few more to reach 600.

I wouldn't even have been LT Silver under the old rules, because I didn't have enough points.

I looked at the website as well, and it shows PPE status (correct), and shows how many nights I need to Ambassador...which of course won't be the next highest status once I drop to the 50 night Platinum in a few weeks, so I assume it will adjust then. But nothing on the app about next status, and I thought I had seen that in the past.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:33 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Mine now says "25 nights + 20,000 USD to Ambassador." If I screenshot that, then did 25 nights at $800 each, would Marriott give me Ambassador?
margarita girl, narvik and JBord like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Kacee
Mine now says "25 nights + 20,000 USD to Ambassador." If I screenshot that, then did 25 nights at $800 each, would Marriott give me Ambassador?
If you did 25 nights at $800 each, I think you'd deserve Ambassador status.
karenkay and Kacee like this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by margarita girl
If you did 25 nights at $800 each, I think you'd deserve Ambassador status.
Or a straight jacket...if that were your average hotel spend, you can do better than Marriott!
margarita girl and narvik like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.