Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Baze
I am waiting for the new level called unobtanium to arrive. After all it seems to be the most precious metal ever in Science Fiction movies, think Avatar for example. Would take 366 nights to achieve so you could only get it once every 4 years, but the status would be valid for 4 years. Guaranteed best room in the hotel, free meals and drinks. Private butler and concierge service.
that's technically achievable every year....stay almost every night of the year at spg/marriott hotels & the credit card elite nights will push you over 365....
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:42 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
but in USA dialect usage
Yep, it has all the class and sophistication you’d expect of a company with such a US-centric outlook.

Bonvoy
Is Marriotts marketing team headed up by C W McCall ?
conde and supatight80 like this.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 25, 2018 at 5:48 am
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:58 am

It would be a great name for a cruise line loyalty program. And Ritz Carlton is soon to launch a cruise ship. So maybe that's it: Marriott is moving into cruises. Nothing else makes sense.
narvik likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I can't believe they would go ahead with "Bonvoy". Any focus group or survey would have voted down this name!
remymartin likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Any focus group or survey would have voted down this name!
Not if this was the focus group:

Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:14 am

I'm hoping that the Marriott Bonvoy site that Marriott put up was a deliberate trial balloon. I don't like the color orange as I like to think I am checking into a hotel, not a prison. The name "Bonvoy" is short for "bon voyage" which I associate with departing and not arriving at the hotel. Also, Bonvoy rhymes with envoy.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by UncleDude
How can you fire somebody in something that clearly does not exsit.
I'd certainly consider firing someone in my IT organization that can't manage the authentication/authorization basics of not having our Dev/Test environment exposed to the public.

Are you saying this page/environment never existed, despite the screenshots?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
I don’t mind titanium, ignoring it’s less valuable than platinum in the actual real world, at least it differentiates it as a separate level. That will make it easier for everyone than the levels of platinum no one ever understood.
I'm an Aerospace Engineer and apparently will become Lifetime Titanium Elite. There's a metal value harmony in there that works for me

"Bonvoy" on the other hand... Ugh.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
The name "Bonvoy" is short for "bon voyage" which I associate with departing and not arriving at the hotel. Also, Bonvoy rhymes with envoy.
But you can't really be "short" for something if that short form is never actually said...has anyone ever said "bonvoy!" in human history?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
As someone else alluded to upthread, first thing that came to mind with "Bonvoy" was Convoy.

They should've gone all-in with made-up names and, like BA did with Avios, renamed their loyalty currency from points to Boints or something.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
We probably would have ended up making fun of Marriott had they just picked MPG...
Moroni Preferred Guest?

lexdevil, 84fiero and remymartin like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just think of the bragging rights when you're able to tell your friends and colleagues: "I finally made it to Titanium in Bonvoy".

Probably we'll also soon find out that Bonvoy means "to copulate with a horse" in Albanian, or something like that.
84fiero and MSPeconomist like this.

Last edited by yurtripper; Nov 25, 2018 at 10:09 am Reason: bonvoy had auto-corrected to convoy!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:54 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
For the ultimate benefit, Ambassadors of Bonvoy should be allowed to use the diplomatic channels at immigration and have diplomatic immunity on days they stay at Marriott hotels.
84fiero likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
I'd certainly consider firing someone in my IT organization that can't manage the authentication/authorization basics of not having our Dev/Test environment exposed to the public.

Are you saying this page/environment never existed, despite the screenshots?
Not sure who else should be fired if this turns out to be accurate. They make 2 very good moves by changing the names of the top 2 tiers which reduces confusion but kills it with Titanium and Bonvoy. They can't be serious about Bonvoy??
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
For the ultimate benefit, Ambassadors of Bonvoy should be allowed to use the diplomatic channels at immigration and have diplomatic immunity on days they stay at Marriott hotels.
I’m sure if you had the right ambassador she’d already be getting all that for you.... We’re all such losers for not having a great ambassador that gets us all of that and much more...
MSPeconomist likes this.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Nov 25, 2018 at 2:13 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.