FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy? (Potential new program leak) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1942015-marriott-bonvoy-potential-new-program-leak.html)

damon88 Nov 24, 2018 11:32 am

Originally Posted by svo242 (Post 30461774)

Thanks 👍

MSPeconomist Nov 24, 2018 11:37 am

If I look at the chart with elite tier names, anyone staying more than 99 nights who spends less that $20,000 with be nothing: Titannum level is 75-99 nights/year.

bhrubin Nov 24, 2018 11:50 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30461796)
If I look at the chart with elite tier names, anyone staying more than 99 nights who spends less that $20,000 with be nothing: Titannum level is 75-99 nights/year.

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30461767)
The levels might become more obvious, but that won't help much if Starriott doesn't have a rule that Ambassadors have priority for quite upgrades over PPs over Plats.

You’re welcome to a literal/originalist interpretation of this leaked information, but I think you’re kidding yourself.

Common sense and vast experience pretty obviously dictates that:

(1) Titanium also will include anyone over 99 nights without the $20K spending and
(2) upgrade priority will be Ambassador>Titanium>Platinum>Gold>Silver.

Of course, upgrade priority for legacy SPG always was:

SPG Plat100>Plat75>Plat50>Plat25>Gold>Silver

for anyone who was paying attention, barring slight deviations/exceptions for frequently returning guests or other special VIP guests. So this wouldn’t be anything new to anyone who is or was paying attention, whether or not Marriott ever publicly discloses a priority order.

t1c Nov 24, 2018 11:52 am

Originally Posted by damon88 (Post 30461757)
Link is dead

Did anyone screenshot ?

It looks like they filed for the trademark....Ewww

CCIE_Flyer Nov 24, 2018 11:53 am

So it's LTTE then, is it?

MSPeconomist Nov 24, 2018 11:56 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 30461831)

You’re welcome to a literal/originalist interpretation of this leaked information, but I think you’re kidding yourself.

Common sense and vast experience pretty obviously dictates that:

(1) Titanium also will include anyone over 99 nights without the $20K spending and
(2) upgrade priority will be Ambassador>Titanium>Platinum>Gold>Silver.

Of course, upgrade priority for legacy SPG always was:

SPG Plat100>Plat75>Plat50>Plat25>Gold>Silver

for anyone who was paying attention, barring slight deviations/exceptions for frequently returning guests or other special VIP guests. So this wouldn’t be anything new to anyone who is or was paying attention, whether or not Marriott ever publicly discloses a priority order.

I agree with you for SPG, despite people here always claiming that a Plat is a Plat is a Plat. I also suspect that SPG gave some consideration to lifetime Plat status on top of the four levels.

OTOH, AFAIK MR never published anything to indicate that Plats should have priority over Golds for suites. Indeed, getting a suite seemed to depend on being the first once to argue with the front desk the upgrade. [I realize that *now* there's the distinction about who can get suites at RCs.]

Duke787 Nov 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Moving to only a single tier with "Platinum" in the name is welcome but the Titanium name is stupid and the Bonvoy name is idiotic. They seem to be trying to one-up Hyatt for worst program and tier names. .

That said -- I wish Starriott would get their house in order before they start making more program changes and alterations that will require even more IT updates.

bhrubin Nov 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 30461849)
I agree with you for SPG, despite people here always claiming that a Plat is a Plat is a Plat. I also suspect that SPG gave some consideration to lifetime Plat status on top of the four levels.

OTOH, AFAIK MR never published anything to indicate that Plats should have priority over Golds for suites. Indeed, getting a suite seemed to depend on being the first once to argue with the front desk the upgrade. [I realize that *now* there's the distinction about who can get suites at RCs.]

In case anyone missed it, the new Marriott Loyalty Program looks almost nothing like the older Marriott Rewards program and looks a lot more like the old SPG program.

So again, despite any lack of public disclosure, I’ve already seen both RC and legacy SPG brands showing priority to higher status Plat levels like Ambasasadors and also Plat Premiers. To me, it’s pretty obvious that the new Marriott program is already doing what is logical and reflects basic common sense: giving priority to Ambassador > Plat Premier/Titanium > Platinum > Gold > Silver.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Lifetime status guests get a slight advantage, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if Lifetime Titanium and regular Titanium guests are more or less prioritized similarly. Same with Lifetime Plat and regular Platinum guests. There is no real incentive for Marriott to provide a Lifetime guest with any higher priority than a guest who’s earned that same status that particular year. Of course, that likely will never be disclosed publicly, so we likely will never know how the Marriott proprietary algorithm applies that distinction.

Antarius Nov 24, 2018 12:08 pm

nice. Looks like onemileatatime picked it up.

Interesting bit about the trademark.

UncleDude Nov 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Fire Who

How can you fire somebody in something that clearly does not exsit.

Originally Posted by Antarius (Post 30461513)
Hit this link while searching for something. Potentially the new MR replacement?

https://loyalty-dev2.mi-devtest.marr...er-benefits.mi

quick takeaways
1. Colors seem to be orange and black
2. Platinum Premier is thankfully being renamed to something less confusing
3. If this is real, Marriott needs to fire their IT management.

CCIE_Flyer Nov 24, 2018 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin (Post 30461883)
It wouldn’t surprise me if Lifetime status guests get a slight advantage, but it also wouldn’t surprise me if Lifetime Titanium and Titanium guests are more or less prioritized similarly. There is no real incentive for Marriott to provide a Lifetime guest with any higher priority than a guest who’s earned that same status that particular year. Of course, that likely will never be disclosed publicly, so we likely will never know how the Marriott proprietary algorithm applies that distinction.

Indeed, there's every possibility that the Titanium member will have been a lot more loyal in recent times than the LTTE. I will be perfectly content to contend equally within the Titaniumosphere going forward in the years I don't earn Amb status. And I'll be forever grateful that Marriott finally put a little bit of thought into just how much is in a name. We will all look back and laugh at the day when FD staff were supposed to know or care about the difference "Premier" was supposed to make in our status.

Baze Nov 24, 2018 12:21 pm

I am waiting for the new level called unobtanium to arrive. After all it seems to be the most precious metal ever in Science Fiction movies, think Avatar for example. Would take 366 nights to achieve so you could only get it once every 4 years, but the status would be valid for 4 years. Guaranteed best room in the hotel, free meals and drinks. Private butler and concierge service.

bhrubin Nov 24, 2018 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Baze (Post 30461938)
I am waiting for the new level called unobtanium to arrive. After all it seems to be the most precious metal ever in Science Fiction movies, think Avatar for example. Would take 366 nights to achieve so you could only get it once every 4 years, but the status would be valid for 4 years. Guaranteed best room in the hotel, free meals and drinks. Private butler and concierge service.

That’s actually quite funny.

But isn’t that what so many assume I have already—with one of the supposedly rare amazing Ambassadors who almost always has gotten us suite upgrades and far too often upgrades even to the specialty suites—even when our hotels have been sold out? Not to mention the spectacularly amazing service and treatment that we’ve enjoyed throughout almost every property, regardless of the upgrade? Heck, even the RC Kyoto upgraded us in May—months before the integration—to the 3rd best specialty suite in the hotel even as we were on an award stay! So the actual status can be just as amazing as the actions taken by amazing Ambassadors.

That must be why I call my Ambassador so spectacular: she’s like Captain America with her unobtanium shield to protect and help me! Except I get her every year, thankfully. :D

damon88 Nov 24, 2018 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer (Post 30461922)
Indeed, there's every possibility that the Titanium member will have been a lot more loyal in recent times than the LTTE. I will be perfectly content to contend equally within the Titaniumosphere going forward in the years I don't earn Amb status. And I'll be forever grateful that Marriott finally put a little bit of thought into just how much is in a name. We will all look back and laugh at the day when FD staff were supposed to know or care about the difference "Premier" was supposed to make in our status.

Hallelujah !! I am almost certain that even savvy staff at legacy SPG hotels had NO idea that there was any difference between P and PP. I made a point on my last trip to chat with them and received mostly blank looks when I mentioned PP. I am very pleased that Marriott is planning (hopefully) to distinguish between the various elite levels.

RE: Lifetime Status I never felt as if this meant anything to the hotels. FWIW they seem much more impressed with (silly things) like total points balance. That is something I know appears prominently on their screens and something many FDCs have mentioned to me. Lifetime Status- not so much.

Zelucifer Nov 24, 2018 1:55 pm

I really hope this isn't the actual name.