Corporate/Set Codes going away?

Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, United Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Corporate/Set Codes going away?

Called MR the other day to get my corporate rate identifier code so I could book directly on MR site (for a Westin property), which the agent was fast and helpful. She stated at the end of the year corporate/set codes are going away as SPG had too many. Curious what info others have on this. Seems this would be a huge loss of business if they discontinue their corporate deals. Unless a more accurate statement would have been consolidated.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:17 am

I assume the L-SPG SET codes will be going away at some point (maybe the end of the year). When I type in my SET code now it automatically changes to the Marriott corporate code. I’m guessing that’s what the agent meant as corporate rates will not be disappearing.
clarkef and dayone like this.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Once I merged my SPG account into my MR account, I can only use the MR website for all account activities, including booking. At least MR website recognizes my corporate code.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Mine went from four digits to the company's stock symbol. Maybe the latter is coincidence.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
There are very public lists of all SET codes for Marriott...they make it wayyyyy too easy
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
There are very public lists of all SET codes for Marriott...they make it wayyyyy too easy
same for SPG.

but yes, corporate codes arent going away. They are just being merged and using the legacy Marriott format.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
every hotel has the right to ask for identification that associates with the corporate code. Very few do. It is supposed to be easy, isn’t it? Enforcement is what is lacking.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by born sleepy
Mine went from four digits to the company's stock symbol. Maybe the latter is coincidence.
Yes, many MR corp codes are the ticker symbol for the company. Any guess what is IBM's code? I wonder if they would catch someone using MAR (probably bad rates, if any)?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Some of this is just consolidation but it's hard to search across brands right now.

But if you read the conference call transcript, it's clear that there is a goal to reduce Corp discounts except for the largest companies. From looking at transcripts for operators of different franchises, this is a goal across companies nd Hilton and IHG are doing the same
Old Nov 25, 2018, 9:47 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by cfischer
every hotel has the right to ask for identification that associates with the corporate code. Very few do.
Many non-US hotels do.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
Originally Posted by dayone
Many non-US hotels do.
As I posted on this forum before: when using my employer's corporate code in the US, I can think of only one instance when I was asked to show proof (Renaissance near LAX). In Europe and Asia, I've been asked to show proof 100% of the time, including Vancouver BC three weeks ago and Hong Kong last week.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
I've only been asked for ID once and it was because I got a super low rate on the weekend of a big sporting event in town (NFL playoff game). I had booked months in advance for another reason so that's why that rate still had availability.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by fliesdelta
As I posted on this forum before: when using my employer's corporate code in the US, I can think of only one instance when I was asked to show proof (Renaissance near LAX). In Europe and Asia, I've been asked to show proof 100% of the time, including Vancouver BC three weeks ago and Hong Kong last week.
The Brooklyn Marriott gave my customer such a good rate that the hotel had to get a letter from the customer ahead of time for the rate to be used.

The former Pattaya Marriott offered a corporate rate to my Fortune 10 company because there was a facility nearby. The travel dept said it was okay to use the rate for a personal trip. The hotel, seeing I was using the rate, reached out to their contact at the facility to arrange transportation to the facility. The facility was confused why I would be at the facility since my division had absolutely nothing to do with the local facility. When I checked in the hotel manager asked what I was doing there and explained there had been many emails back and forth between various parts of the company. The rate was honored and when I got back home the travel department proactively reached out to me reiterating the rate could be used by employees on private trips, but I never used the rate again.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I have stayed many times on corp rate in south east Asia, both personal and on business ... never had to show id. I was always eligible to the rate.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:16 am

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
I've used my corporate rate all over the world (Europe, Asia, South America). I've never been asked for proof..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.