Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Charlotte & Le Meridien Charlotte North Carolina

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2013, 2:31 am
Original Poster

The Blake Hotel in Charlotte, North Carolina, will be joining Starwood.

http://www.hotelnewsresource.com/art...Charlotte.html
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...investors.html

One tower, presumably the main one, will become the Sheraton Charlotte on Aug 15, while the other tower will undergo a more extensive renovation and emerge as Le Meridien in January. They will share facilities in the complex.

The hotel was formerly the Adam's Mark and before that, from 1973-1984, was previously a Sheraton .

Last edited by James Luckard; Jul 18, 2013 at 1:26 pm
Old Jul 18, 2013, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
More domestic LMs definitely a good thing IMO
Old Jul 18, 2013, 11:23 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Great additions to the Charlotte area. Having been there for 10 weeks earlier this year I got sick of the Airport Sheraton and Westin (2 really bad experiences, no lounge).
Old Jul 23, 2013, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by nevansm
Great additions to the Charlotte area. Having been there for 10 weeks earlier this year I got sick of the Airport Sheraton and Westin (2 really bad experiences, no lounge).
The airport Sheraton is a dump. Just stayed there in a moldy, smelly room. Happy for this new addition.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 11:37 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by pbiflyer
The airport Sheraton is a dump. Just stayed there in a moldy, smelly room. Happy for this new addition.
WARNING, stay away from this hotel. Just checked in there (and quickly told them I was changing hotels). They're in FULL renovation mode - as in, you walk to the elevators and there's a ladder blocking the way. The elevators are in bad shape, carpet throughout the hotel is disgusting, room was dirty, smelled, felt old, etc. Not sure why they didn't just close the hotel to do the renovation. After seeing all this I went down to the front desk and told them I was going to the Westin. They also refused to call a taxi but instead made me use their "car service" which I was told "is the same price as a taxi" except the driver wanted twice as much as the same trip I've taken before in a Taxi.

I'm willing to give these guys another chance once they finish their renovation but until then, beware!
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
WARNING, stay away from this hotel. Just checked in there (and quickly told them I was changing hotels). They're in FULL renovation mode - as in, you walk to the elevators and there's a ladder blocking the way. The elevators are in bad shape, carpet throughout the hotel is disgusting, room was dirty, smelled, felt old, etc. Not sure why they didn't just close the hotel to do the renovation. After seeing all this I went down to the front desk and told them I was going to the Westin. They also refused to call a taxi but instead made me use their "car service" which I was told "is the same price as a taxi" except the driver wanted twice as much as the same trip I've taken before in a Taxi.

I'm willing to give these guys another chance once they finish their renovation but until then, beware!
Well the hotels home page does outline the work they are doing. Based on that I would have never picked this hotel. However, this serves as a reminder to anyone doing research on Charlotte properties.

I do have a question, how can they "make" you use their car service?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Well the hotels home page does outline the work they are doing. Based on that I would have never picked this hotel. However, this serves as a reminder to anyone doing research on Charlotte properties.

I do have a question, how can they "make" you use their car service?
Yeah I saw that the hotel was renovating on their page but didn't expect to find it disruptive. According to the front desk agent "the rooms didn't need renovated" - they sure do!

I was in a hurry (most hotels in a city have taxi's waiting) there were none there and I couldn't wait for one to come so I had no other option really.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Yeah I saw that the hotel was renovating on their page but didn't expect to find it disruptive. According to the front desk agent "the rooms didn't need renovated" - they sure do!

I was in a hurry (most hotels in a city have taxi's waiting) there were none there and I couldn't wait for one to come so I had no other option really.
OK. I wish you would have written this in your initial post, when you used the word "made" it made it seem like they forced you to do something against your will or strong armed you into doing something.

If there are no taxis at a major downtown hotel, that is another clue something is wrong. Taxi's generally know when a place is dead and the renovation must be big if taxis aren't waiting for fares.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Hm, there are two Charlotte Sheraton properties showing up on spg.com, same address, one is the Charlotte Center City Hotel, the other is Sheraton Charlotte Hotel. No mention of LM.

Is this one of those temporary no-name places that will convert to LM once the renovations are done, a la Atlanta Perimeter Hotel -> Le Meridien Perimeter?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
The one being spoken of here is the Sheraton near the airport not Center City.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
The one being yelped about is not the one that is the topic of this thread: the new downtown property (-ties?)
Old Feb 18, 2014, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
nope its the new one downtown.
Old Mar 4, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
FYI, the Sheraton Charlotte Center City has 'temporarily' lost its liquor license. Might be something to keep in mind if you're staying there soon. I'm sure they will try and get it sorted ASAP….

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...l#.Uxathf3FRdY
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:33 pm

Anyone stayed at the new Sheraton Charlotte downtown yet?

And is the Le Meridien still planned? Should have opened by now.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by born sleepy
And is the Le Meridien still planned? Should have opened by now.
According to Starwoodhotels.com: Le Méridien Charlotte - Opening August, 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.