Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Peak and off peak Awards (General Discussion)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Peak and off peak Awards (General Discussion)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:24 pm
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Originally Posted by margarita girl

See post #24 .
Soon™ I hope!
Old Mar 31, 2019, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by xar
Soon™ I hope!
Be careful what you wish for!
Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
The long it takes them to implement this the better... since it is going to be nothing but additional point inflation and more functionality/IT nightmares.
margarita girl and svo242 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:56 am

When does Peak/Off-Peak Pricing Start

I know they have shifted the categories but has anyone heard if they are sticking to the new pricing for points? TIA
Old Jul 2, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Has anyone heard anything (even rumors ) when this may kick in? And will there be any advance notice?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:14 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I was browsing for award availability & saw that a peak, standard, and off peak chart is available on the Marriott website although there is no mention about when the peak/off-peak levels will kick in. Has anyone else seen this chart? I apologize if this has been discussed in another thread.

LAX
Old Aug 11, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Peak and off-peak pricing already in effect for hotel cash co-pays if the base level room is not available on points
Old Aug 11, 2019, 5:03 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
For everyone of us who came from SPG, this whole peak and non-peak issue isn't new at all. There always were peak and regular rates for the higher category hotel awards at least (I rarely book awards at lower category hotels). And those peak rates for SPG awards still convert to MORE points than the Bonvoy peal rates will be.

So when they happen...from the SPG perspective, it still isn't a devaluation. Peak rates even for the new Cat 8 of 100K Bonvoy points STILL are less than the peak rate of 35K for SPG top Cat 7-- equivalent to 105K Bonvoy points.

Oops.

Please stop trying to pretend that this is a disaster. Bonvoy elites earn more points per stay at Bonvoy properties than we did under SPG...and the award prices are still lower even with peak rates than they were under SPG.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Well we know the answer now of when PEAK awards will go into effect....Sept. 14!

https://onemileatatime.com/marriott-...m=BoardingArea
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:12 am
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
COMING SEPTEMBER 14TH: Off-Peak and Peak Point Redemption Rates

Soon you’ll be able to redeem your points for free nights with the introduction of Off-Peak and Peak rates – adding to the current Standard redemption rates we have today.

Starting September 14, all 7,000+ hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program will offer one of three redemption levels for free nights: Off-Peak, Standard or Peak rates. Our goal with the new award redemption chart is to maintain a fairly even distribution of Off-Peak and Peak rates throughout the year, with the majority of redemption rates remaining the Standard rate that they are today.

You can rest assured that any reservations booked with points made prior to September 14th will reserve the Standard redemption rate. If you need to change that reservation after September 14th, you’ll receive the available redemption rate when you rebook.

Watch this video to learn more.

Things to Know

Off-peak rates start at 5,000 points per night. Just like today, Standard redemption rates start at 7,500 points per night and will be our most common rate. Peak rates are capped at no more than 15,000 points higher than Standard when demand is high. TIP: Use the flexible date finder to identify the best available redemption rate if you have flexibility in travel dates.

Hotel categories aren’t changing. Each hotel will remain in its current category. Explore all 7,000 hotels and their categories here.

Enjoy the same redemption options. Under the new award redemption chart, members can still take advantage of Points Advance, Cash + Points, Travel Packages, PointSavers, Stay for 5 – Pay for 4 and more redemption benefits when booking. With Points Advance, you are reserving your room, but your rate will be subject to change until all required points are earned and is the points are attached to your reservation.

Find out more about our new award redemption chart.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:15 am

Thanks for starting a new thread on this. I just posted it in the Peak (Non-Peak) thread but I was worried about getting in trouble for starting a new thread...I guess it's ok for you to do it.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31418431-post39.html
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
H/T to Gary at VFTW on some sneaky language:

Peak and Off Peak Dates Will Be Balanced
When Marriott first announced the new program Senior Vice President David Flueck told me, “We’ll make sure there’s a lot of equity in a market, in general roughly the same number of peak nights as off peak nights.”

They say that’s still true.. although there’s a qualifier. There will be more standard pricing dates than peak and off peak dates, with a fairly even distribution of peak and off peak, however that will only hold across the Marriott hotel portfolio as a whole and not necessarily for each individual property.

So - high demand / resort individual properties are more likely to have an imbalance of peak vs. off-peak
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Soon you’ll be able to redeem your points for free nights with the introduction of Off-Peak and Peak rates – adding to the current Standard redemption rates we have today.

Starting September 14, all 7,000+ hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program will offer one of three redemption levels for free nights: Off-Peak, Standard or Peak rates. Our goal with the new award redemption chart is to maintain a fairly even distribution of Off-Peak and Peak rates throughout the year, with the majority of redemption rates remaining the Standard rate that they are today.
Will the hotel portion of travel certificates cover peak awards?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:14 am

@Marriott Bonvoy Lurker....Did we ever get clarification on how the 35k credit card nights were going to be handled with the Peak/Non-Peak award pricing?

Right now the 35k free night certificate gets you a Cat. 5....are we only getting a Cat. 4 for those certificates if the time we want to stay at a property is classified at PEAK moving forward? This would be a devaluation of the 35k certificates!
Redhead, cmh flyer and GalaxyChris like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Prepare for significant point inflation/devaluation with this... expect widespread peak along all coasts and cities, with off peak being at places like Siberia in winter.
manually likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.