Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Peak and off peak Awards (General Discussion)

Peak and off peak Awards (General Discussion)

Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:42 pm

I thought the Peak and Off Peak prices arent going in effect until 5th march but i already see peak and off peak prices in vegas
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:57 pm

I'm sure they want to get the peak pricing up as quick as possible before the summer months.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 6:33 am

When will we see off peak/peak changes?

Kicking myself as the hotel I was watching for a trip went from cat 5 to 6 yesterday. Trip is to Lisbon next Feb, so I'm hoping this might be off peak and drop to 40K points instead of the current 50K.
Any word on when they will announce this?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
There's no definitive word. Rumor late Q2/early Q3.

Cheers.
bluestrudels likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Knowing Marriott IT, they are having problems running the data through their punch card mainframes to analyze when to make areas peak vs off peak... so they're just going to not have any off-peak and have a mass devaluation again.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 6:54 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There's no definitive word. Rumor late Q2/early Q3.

Cheers.
I'm guessing Q3 as well, they definitely want to game this before the holidays. This devalue is like the final nail to the coffin for this program..
Old Mar 19, 2019, 9:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bluestrudels
I'm guessing Q3 as well, they definitely want to game this before the holidays. This devalue is like the final nail to the coffin for this program..
I agree re: Q3, but doubt the latter. Was it a nail in Hilton's program (which MAR is following)?

Cheers.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:07 pm

I wonder if this might be the thread to do it, but it would be cool for DPs on when people are getting some off-peak pricing points. I thought I found an off-peak period in February 2020 at the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort/Garden Grove as the main search results page says it is offering rooms at 25,000/night as a category 5. But when you click through, suddenly the rate is actually 35,000/night. I guess I got Bonvoyed!

But it would be interesting to see if there ever are any off-peak award periods that show up on the award calendar.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:39 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by HIFlya
I wonder if this might be the thread to do it, but it would be cool for DPs on when people are getting some off-peak pricing points. I thought I found an off-peak period in February 2020 at the Residence Inn Anaheim Resort/Garden Grove as the main search results page says it is offering rooms at 25,000/night as a category 5. But when you click through, suddenly the rate is actually 35,000/night. I guess I got Bonvoyed!

But it would be interesting to see if there ever are any off-peak award periods that show up on the award calendar.
Just a reminder that off-peak awards are not in effect at this point in time. But, we appreciate your having pointed out this discrepancy so we can pass it along to the web assist team. Since the standard redemption for Category 5 is now 35,000 points, it is the landing page that is out of sync.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
Just a reminder that off-peak awards are not in effect at this point in time. But, we appreciate your having pointed out this discrepancy so we can pass it along to the web assist team. Since the standard redemption for Category 5 is now 35,000 points, it is the landing page that is out of sync.
No problem, glad I could help. And thanks for the reminder that the off-peak awards are not in effect yet, when I saw the search results, I was thinking they had gone into effect and I actually found one.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Travel Packages are category-based, so should work on peak dates as well with no additional charge.

For other certificates that are points-based, you can book those now, but changes in 2019 should be subject to the rules applying then.
Any confirmation on this? This would actually be a negative for me, because I have an Old TP Category 1-5 that will be converted to a New TP Category 1-4. I was hoping that if I can use it during an off-peak period, I could get into one of the properties close to Disneyland that just went up to category 5.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 9:58 am
xar

Programs: Starriott Plat Premier
Question on using Free Night Award Cert for "off-peak" rates?

Hi all, the free night cert is good for 40,000 points which seems to be in-between Cat 5 (35,000) and Cat 6 (50,000)
I recalled Marriott announcing Cat 6 off-peak for 40,000 points - any idea is this already in effect or still left to Marriott (IT) to be sorted out?
Thanks.
Old Mar 30, 2019, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by xar
Hi all, the free night cert is good for 40,000 points which seems to be in-between Cat 5 (35,000) and Cat 6 (50,000)
I recalled Marriott announcing Cat 6 off-peak for 40,000 points - any idea is this already in effect or still left to Marriott (IT) to be sorted out?
Thanks.
See post #24 .
xar likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 9:59 am

Extra Person Charges on a free night redemption.
I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would ask here about extra person charges.
when I looked to book at the Sheraton in Stockholm Sweden for 3 people the extra charges (on a free night redemption) were showing as 5000 SEK which is about $700 Canadian Dollars. I booked it for 2 people so this extra charge wasn't showing on my reservation. When I read the Bonvoy terms and conditions there shouldn't be an extra person charge (up to the room maximum allowed which was 3 people in this case) on a Free Night Redemption. Has anyone experienced an extra person charge when booking a free night stay or should I not worry about it?
The T@C are below saying that extra person charges are exempt on a Free Night Stay.
" 3.2.e. When redeeming Points for an Award Redemption Stay, the Award Redemption Stay includes the cost of a single or double standard room at a Participating Property, room tax/service charge, and extra-person charges, if any."
Old Mar 31, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by danno95
Extra Person Charges on a free night redemption.
I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would ask here about extra person charges.
when I looked to book at the Sheraton in Stockholm Sweden for 3 people the extra charges (on a free night redemption) were showing as 5000 SEK which is about $700 Canadian Dollars. I booked it for 2 people so this extra charge wasn't showing on my reservation. When I read the Bonvoy terms and conditions there shouldn't be an extra person charge (up to the room maximum allowed which was 3 people in this case) on a Free Night Redemption. Has anyone experienced an extra person charge when booking a free night stay or should I not worry about it?
The T@C are below saying that extra person charges are exempt on a Free Night Stay.
" 3.2.e. When redeeming Points for an Award Redemption Stay, the Award Redemption Stay includes the cost of a single or double standard room at a Participating Property, room tax/service charge, and extra-person charges, if any."
I believe this has been discussed in other threads. Here's one.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...rriotts-4.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.