Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
Print Wikipost

FAQ: Questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Master Thread]

Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:14 am

2 rooms for 5 nights. Do I get 5 nights credit or 10?

Last 2 times I have stayed in Starwood properties I have booked 2 rooms for my family of 4. Both times I have only gotten credit for 1 room per night. Is this correct or should I contact Starwood for additional credit?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:17 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by viking737
Last 2 times I have stayed in Starwood properties I have booked 2 rooms for my family of 4. Both times I have only gotten credit for 1 room per night. Is this correct or should I contact Starwood for additional credit?
You only get credit for a single room but points for upto 3 rooms. This changed after Aug 18.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Ksw299
You only get credit for a single room but points for upto 3 rooms. This changed after Aug 18.
Thanks. Do you know if HH and IHG have the same rule? Might be time for a switch.........
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:09 am

That would be 5 nights and 1 stay at Hilton. You would get points for both rooms (although you might have to call in for them to post correctly).
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by viking737
Thanks. Do you know if HH and IHG have the same rule? Might be time for a switch.........
As this sounds like a long-term situation, maybe signing up the spouse or one of the kids with an account so at least the nights go somewhere and it would allow them to travel without you and still properly earn credit.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
I have a stay coming up with 2 rooms. I understand I won't get night credit for both rooms which is OK as I am already past 75 nights and roll over nights are gone

The question I have is:
Will I get Platinum Premier arrival gift miles for both rooms or only one room? Infact, will the hotel even offer for both rooms or just one room?

The property is Renaissance, Kuala Lumpur
For me, 1 room points and nights posted, Other room, the points have not posted (I understand I won't get the nights or PAG). I guess I now have to wait 10 days and then go through Marriott's missing stay link and go through the painful process of 10 emails over 2 months before the second room posts.

Last edited by vishalgupta22; Jan 17, 2019 at 8:04 pm
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by zachary
That would be 5 nights and 1 stay at Hilton. You would get points for both rooms (although you might have to call in for them to post correctly).
Why five nights and one stay for two rooms at Hilton? Do you mean two nights?
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:45 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
For me, 1 room points and nights posted, Other room, the points have posted (I understand I won't get the nights or PAG). I guess I now have to wait 10 days and then go through Marriott's missing stay link and go through the painful process of 10 emails over 2 months before the second room posts.
I'm not following your problem. It sounds like you correctly received nights for one room and points for both which is what should happen?
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hhoope01
I'm not following your problem. It sounds like you correctly received nights for one room and points for both which is what should happen?
Ah, sorry, I did a typo.

For the other room, points have not posted. I have updated my post now. It's now 17 days since checkout and nothing is happening. I have reached out to Marriott and the hotel and no luck so far. Not surprised, this is new normal for Marriott since August (I rarely had any stay/points post correctly since Aug 2018)
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Ah, sorry, I did a typo.

For the other room, points have not posted. I have updated my post now. It's now 17 days since checkout and nothing is happening. I have reached out to Marriott and the hotel and no luck so far. Not surprised, this is new normal for Marriott since August (I rarely had any stay/points post correctly since Aug 2018)
always merge both room into 1 final bill... that fixes that problem.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA 8MM Exec,Life Plat, Marriott Amb,Life Titanium, ,Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist.
Bonvoy change

With SPG we could get credit for both nights AND points for up to three rooms. With new Marriott program I was told that Night credit is only for 1 room (mine) and stay credit could still be for two additional rooms.

NOW: I was told recently that BonVOY will limit the amount of point credit I can earn to only Two Rooms? Is this change correct? So now I am down to night credit only mine and room credit only 1 other?????

Thank you in advance,
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:17 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by NYCtraveler
With SPG we could get credit for both nights AND points for up to three rooms. With new Marriott program I was told that Night credit is only for 1 room (mine) and stay credit could still be for two additional rooms.

NOW: I was told recently that BonVOY will limit the amount of point credit I can earn to only Two Rooms? Is this change correct? So now I am down to night credit only mine and room credit only 1 other?????

Thank you in advance,
From the T&Cs [just checked them out; more here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi]:

2.1.d. Qualifying Stay. A “Stay" or “Qualifying Stay” means all consecutive nights a Member registers for, and personally pays and stays at any Participating Property, for which the room is billed to the Member.

i. A “Stay” is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Property by a Member who: (A) provides his/her Membership Number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points redemption Award or a promotional Award for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If a Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same Participating Property within 24 hours, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Stays and issuing Member benefits. A Member may only earn Points for up to three (3) guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points redemption Award or a promotional Award for all of the guest rooms.

Hasn't changed - night credit for the room you're in and points for up to three.

khabah
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP

Thank you in advance,
Today's reality: what you are told by a CSR is not always what will happen. It seems there are no checks in place to aid the CSRs in knowing the rules and it doesn't matter to Marriott if they make things up. It is now up to us to know the rules and hope the system actually does what is expected. Calling into Marriott seems to result in getting told the system is right regardless what the T&Cs say.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver

Thank you in advance,
Since the T&C is not changed, perhaps just some kind of miscommunication ..... what the agent meant :

Night and point for 1st room (no more stay count as it no longer relevant) and point for the other 2 rooms ... or point for up to 2 (two) other rooms
Old Apr 1, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA Executive, AMEX MR
Credit for 2nd room in a reservation

If I book two suites under my Bonvoy number and name and the others in my party are not Bonvoy members, will I receive stay credits and points for both rooms and all the nights?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.