Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Peak Period : "[comp] Rewards member upgrades will not be availabl"

Old Dec 5, 2018, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: I want to be free! Free!

Notation for the Westin Whistler: "Please be advised that complimentary Rewards member upgrades will not be available during peak holiday periods." showing up as a warning on the top of the rate page when booking for April.

Not sure what to make of this comment. It has always been the case that upgrades are availability-based, but this special call-out strikes me not as a statement of fact but one of policy. Stayed at this property multiple times in ski season as a platinum and always enjoyed an upgrade of some degree, so this is pretty lousy.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:03 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
While we can only really guess what their true motivation is, it is possible this is just a pre-emptive attempt to set realistic expectations for Plats and above. I seem to remember a few similar threads, pre-merger, in the Starwood forum where other hotels did the same thing for high occupancy dates.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:05 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Clearly not in line with the T&Cs, but they no longer seem to be a particularly useful reference in general.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Yup. It's now the wild wild west.

Hilton Hawaiian Village provides a similar warning, but will still upgrade based on availability.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.