Wiki Posts
Search

SPG/Marriott VIP statuses

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
SPG/Marriott VIP statuses

I checked in today at a LC property and the front desk agent put "VIP 4" with a pencil on the check in document. Few weeks ago I was staying at a different property (Sheraton) and when my room was being cleaned I took a quick look at the housekeeping report laying on the cart and next to my room number there was "VIP 7", also another room had note "VIP 8" - for all other rooms the column was empty.

Does anyone know what those statuses mean? Both hotels were legacy SPG, so I don't know if this system applies at Marriotts too, it also seems to be property specific (unless I somehow advanced/lost 3 levels) over the last 2 months? I tried searching but could not come up with anything.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Was there any room with the same VIP number, if not it might just be that it is just VIP #, i.e. just keeping count of the P, PP and repeat guests currently staying at the hotel
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG 100 Ambassador, LH M&M Senator, Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by X-ON
Was there any room with the same VIP number, if not it might just be that it is just VIP #, i.e. just keeping count of the P, PP and repeat guests currently staying at the hotel
On the housekeeping report there was just VIP 7 for me and VIP 8 for another room plus a whole bunch of rooms with no notes next to them.

When checking in today the VIP 4 was handwritten with pencil by the check in agent after he looked into my profile on his desktop, this was separate from Marriott status which was also listed there. Also got upgraded like 9 categories from cheapest room up to highest level suite excluding speciality ones.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 5:50 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
If memory serves me right, SPG did this way, way back when...

VIP1 was really really important/famous/high value people
VIP3 spg hotel owners staying at other SPG properties
VIP5 SPG Platinum

Something like that...This is how it was coded at least a decade ago
qlaval likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Many threads from original SPG forum. Not sure if it is still current. Samples:
VIP Levels
VIP list?!
Starwood VIP
Starwood VIP Codes
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How did the OP go from VIP4 to VIP7 is just a couple weeks? The numbers wouldn't even be right if a hotel had been purchased.

BTW, I've seen housekeeping printouts in Marriott that indicate Plat and PP, both before and after the merger. I think this was SOP for all Marriott brands.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Mariott SE, HH, SPG SE, LT S, 9W BP
Im curious to see if these VIP levels transition into Mariott after the merger or if the VIP system is effectively replaced by something else
Old May 29, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: AA Exp Plat / Marriott Titanium/ Hyatt Globalist/ Delta Diamond Medallion
SPG style “VIP” number next to names on guest list still exist?

Went to breakfast this morning and noticed VIP 19 was next to my name (Luxury Collection property). I remember seeing VIP 2 or 3 back in the Starwood days but no idea what this could be. For reference, I am currently Titanium (former Ambassador level) with 650+ nights 7 years plat or above.
Old May 31, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
No idea what this is but when I checked into Preston Marriott UK they said I show as P6 which is Platinum. I am Lifetime Titanium with 1524 nights. Strange as I was greeted at another hotel as Platinum and I jokingly said: “Titanium?”. They just laughed. I have emailed CS and hopefully will be resolved. I bet staff think I am deluded when I email ahead and state I am Lifetime Titanium!
Old May 31, 2022, 11:34 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by stuartpig
I bet staff think I am deluded when I email ahead and state I am Lifetime Titanium!
Always carry your LTT card. Drop it on the FD counter and listen for the reverberation. Nothing need be said.
oxfordjames likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: Titanium at Marriott & Platinum at American (both Lifetime) + various others
Maybe I should try that with my LTT card, but what a Pain. Why can't they just look after loyal ling term customers properly?
Old May 31, 2022, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by Tanic
Always carry your LTT card. Drop it on the FD counter and listen for the reverberation. Nothing need be said.
Not if its a glass topped counter... They are the heaviest metal cards I've seen.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by Tanic
I do. Plus it shows in the app that I am Lifetime Titanium, just not on the hotel systems.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by MisterE
Why can't they just look after loyal long term customers properly?
Erm, because Marriott?
EuropeanPete likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.