Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel Saint Louis, Autograph Collection - St. Louis, MO [Master Thread]

Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Opening Dec '18. Cat 5. Hotel website:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...ph-collection/

"Located at 705 Olive (7th & Olive) Hotel Saint Louis (HSL) is the first Marriott Autograph Collection property in St. Louis. We offer 140 rooms (including 52 suites - 30 of which feature balconies). Hotel Saint Louis is perfect for business travelers as well as leisure travelers as we offer a full service spa along with Marriott Club Room, five meeting rooms and a state of the art ballroom. We are perfectly positioned two blocks away from The Convention Center. We are in walking distance to the Arch and Busch Stadium, home to the 11 time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals."
Old Mar 5, 2019, 11:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Langham Voyager
Anyone have any experience here? Staying at the end of the month for a few days
Old May 8, 2019, 9:55 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by ORDAAFlyer296
Anyone have any experience here? Staying at the end of the month for a few days
How was your stay here? Giving my wife a night away from the kids and I'm debating on this property for her getaway...
Old May 8, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by obunewbie17
How was your stay here? Giving my wife a night away from the kids and I'm debating on this property for her getaway...
What else are you debating? Haven't stayed at this hotel, but the Marriott Grand isn't special and the Westin is nicer than the Marriott but still nothing to write home about.
Old May 8, 2019, 3:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
Originally Posted by Dn10
What else are you debating? Haven't stayed at this hotel, but the Marriott Grand isn't special and the Westin is nicer than the Marriott but still nothing to write home about.
Also considering the Magnolia in the tribute portfolio, maybe the Ren by the airport. The goal is for my wife to have a night to herself in a nicer room. She stays at home with the babies and I’m giving her a night away uninterrupted.

Didn’t want to put her up at a RI, CY or anything in that tier...but the only full service hotels I’ve stayed at in STL are the RC and the Marriott West.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by obunewbie17

Also considering the Magnolia in the tribute portfolio, maybe the Ren by the airport. The goal is for my wife to have a night to herself in a nicer room. She stays at home with the babies and I’m giving her a night away uninterrupted.

Didn’t want to put her up at a RI, CY or anything in that tier...but the only full service hotels I’ve stayed at in STL are the RC and the Marriott West.
Magnolia wouldn't be a bad choice, but can't compare vs the Hotel Saint Louis.
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
Stayed there for the first time a couple weeks ago. I've hit basically every Marriott in the St Louis area except the Ritz and this is by far my favorite. Will be back next week.

Rooms are comfortable, spacious for a renovation of an old building, and the rooftop bar and pool are fantastic. Didn't try the ground floor restaurant the first time, the lounge is very limited but drinks are included in the evenings.
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old May 10, 2019, 10:59 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, IHG Spire, Langham Voyager
To give an update: I was pretty impressed. The hotel's public spaces are gorgeous, and the rooms are also pretty great. Definitely the best Marriott option in downtown STL. Service was great, albeit less polished than you'd find at the Ritz. For the price, I was very impressed.
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old May 11, 2019, 9:12 pm

I stay here almost every other week for business. Definitely my favorite hotel in STL.

From my ~15 or so stays, here are some pros and cons.

Pros:
  • Rooms are very spacious and nicely appointed.
  • High likelihood of upgrades for Platinum members. Upgrades are often to 1br suites.
  • Lounge serves free alcohol.
Cons:
  • Staff is well-meaning, but not always terribly polished. I've also noticed some turnover in staff. Some workers that I liked are no longer around.
  • The lounge food can be repetitive. Too much BBQ, but it seems like they are moving away from that.
  • Platinums are given a voucher for free breakfast in the restaurant. Unfortunately, that voucher is good only up to $11pp, which really limits your choices.
Overall, I like the hotel a lot, but there are a few kinks that need to be worked out. Regardless, it is the best Marriott hotel in the area, so I will continue staying there.
obunewbie17 likes this.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA 1k, Marriott LT Titanium, '20 Ambassador
Anyone heard news on if this property will be able to survive? I was talking with the chain's CFO in early March and she mentioned then it was already looking "worse than 9/11" for cancellations and future bookings. They just had funding approved for their big expansion so I imagine their debt service is rather substantial; hopefully the condo units can help them survive until business travel resumes.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Any recent stays? Trying to decide between here and Westin. Thanks
Old Aug 17, 2021, 3:58 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Any recent stays? Trying to decide between here and Westin. Thanks
I'm in the same boat, would love to hear any reports about what it's like.
Old Sep 26, 2021, 12:57 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I had confirmed 4 PM late checkout (in the app, and asked the front desk) and my DND sign out. When I returned to the room at 12:20 PM, the housekeeper was cleaning the room. She gave me back my luggage, and I found that she had thrown my things in one pocket. So, my dirty underwear were surrounding my toothbrush. Then, I found that she had eaten my food as the empty wrappers were still in the trashcan. Most egregiously, she had thrown away all of my specialty soaps that I have to use, per my dermatologist (they weren't in my bag or the trash cans).

The hotel tried to give me dining coupons as compensation, and then they said they needed to speak with the housekeeping manager. The Titanium phone line representatives and supervisor were helpful and sympathetic, but now I have to wait multiple days to hear back on case resolution.

What's even more ridiculous is that I found a bunch of used candy wrappers in one of the drawers when I checked in. I guess they can't clean after actual check-outs but sure can throw away my things.

How ridiculous - I sure feel violated.
dgreen12 likes this.

Last edited by ElevatorEnthusiast; Sep 26, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Old Sep 26, 2021, 5:16 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I had confirmed 4 PM late checkout (in the app, and asked the front desk) and my DND sign out. When I returned to the room at 12:20 PM, the housekeeper was cleaning the room. She gave me back my luggage, and I found that she had thrown my things in one pocket. So, my dirty underwear were surrounding my toothbrush. Then, I found that she had eaten my food as the empty wrappers were still in the trashcan. Most egregiously, she had thrown away all of my specialty soaps that I have to use, per my dermatologist (they weren't in my bag or the trash cans).

The hotel tried to give me dining coupons as compensation, and then they said they needed to speak with the housekeeping manager. The Titanium phone line representatives and supervisor were helpful and sympathetic, but now I have to wait multiple days to hear back on case resolution.

What's even more ridiculous is that I found a bunch of used candy wrappers in one of the drawers when I checked in. I guess they can't clean after actual check-outs but sure can throw away my things.

How ridiculous - I sure feel violated.
As a follow-up, the Director of Housekeeping reached out to me and said that they had instructed the staff to refund my charges for the night. They mentioned that they were new to the property and had several items that needed to be addressed with the staff, so it sounds like improvements are going to be made in the Housekeeping department. I do appreciate the quick service recovery here, and I will say that other than the housekeeping issues, my stay was enjoyable. The bed was comfortable, the shower had good pressure and temperature, and the pancakes at breakfast were great (they had the buttery edge).
dgreen12 likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 12:45 pm

Our stay in November 2021 was fine. We are Platinum and used AAA rate. We checked in around 9pm and were upgraded to a balcony king suite (a real suite; 2 actual rooms). Room 414. Room was nice, shower and bathroom were nice, had a heated toiled seat + bidet too.

Breakfast vouchers are supposed to give you the "King Louis Breakfast" which I think is eggs, sausage/bacon, breakfast potatoes, but we were allowed to use it for anything on the menu. I would not recommend the avocado toast...we were served with the hardest avocados in the world - disgusting. Couldn't even take one bite (i tried) - sent it back for the breakfast sandwich which was good. The next day I had the french toast which I also enjoyed. Pretty short staffed at breakfast though, sadly, expect to wait a bit to be seated.

https://www.hotelsaintlouis.com/union30 - expand the dropdown for breakfast for the menu.

No free water in room, but they had metal water containers for us and we went to the workout room to fill up from the bubbler.

Skybar was trashy and loud - don't go there. They have really nice cocktails online so we were going to give it a go...but were told "that menu is long gone". Expect a traditional bar vibe up there. A few specialty cocktails but not as nice as the menus used to have.

Some construction nearby which makes loading/unloading a little annoying. But after 7pm and all of Sunday the street parking is free; there are a couple spots on the street if you take a left after passing by the hotel, as well as more spots on the next left after that (across from the US Bank Plaza). We did a local SpotHero spot for the first night and street parked for the second night.

Overall, it was a nice stay and would recommend.
dgreen12 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.