Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy Moments - New Program 2019 Onward [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 11, 2019, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
Pre-2019 SPG Moments Discussion Thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-starwood-ritz-carlton-new-consolidated-program/1342785-spg-moments-master-thread.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K

Hey Folks,

Does anyone have any information about the new Moments program with SPG/Marriott being merged. I'm trying to get answers to the following, but no one at Marriott is able to help after 5 phone calls (twice they've hung up on me)...

1. Do Marriott Moments count towards SPG Moment Limit? Under SPG, you can only win 5 moments per year. If I win a Marriott Moment, does that count towards my 5? Or does that not count at all?

2. Were the number of moments won "reset" after the merger?

3. Do you expect the Super Bowl to be available again on Marriott or SPG moments?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 5:36 am

Marriott Moments for tours activities to gain MR points

Anyone with any recent purchases from MarriottMoments site? I had a large group in Aruba with me a few weeks ago and purchased a bunch of tours via the site at 10 MR per $1 - but no points showing up yet. Example: https://moments.marriott.com/things-...-tour-in-aruba

What concerns me is when I log in and look at my history - there is none. Also, the site still asks do you want MR or SW points. Obviously they haven't cleaned up the site post merger and wonder if it is even working properly.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 7:12 pm

Going to a college BB event in the MSG suite. Any reviews of what the food and drink are like for a college BB game?

Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2018, 8:30 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by mileshound
Going to a college BB event in the MSG suite. Any reviews of what the food and drink are like for a college BB game?

Thanks
Haha, I wouldn’t expect too much! Which event? (Major CBB fanatic here, UNC grad)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:57 am

Don't understand why SPG moment which includes a stay at a hotel, is not considered a qualifying stay? The Terms and Condition seem to suggest so, but the property say it is not correct.

"Hotel stays included within SPG Moments offers earn status towards elite if the redeeming/winning member consumes the stay but do not earn points and do not count as either stays or nights toward promotional requirements."

https://spg-moments.marriott.com/moments-terms

Last edited by Jerrremy; Jan 1, 2019 at 9:02 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by bhrubin

Haha, I wouldn’t expect too much! Which event? (Major CBB fanatic here, UNC grad)
A St Johns game. I expect it will be ballpark type food and probably beer/wine. 20K was not a bad price and stadium seats and barstool seats were the same price. I got the stadium seats.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:13 pm

Checking back in on this thread to see if anyone can assist. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get my points for these tours....everyone I talk to tells me to call a different phone number. Finally MR customer service put in something to elevate my request, they told me 2 days to get back to me. nothing. I called back a week later....they will try again. Still nothing.

Any help out there for someone who successfully has received their points from Marriott Moments tour purchase?
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Ask one of the Starwood Lurkers for help.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ss-change.html
Old Jan 9, 2019, 4:37 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
I have on a couple of occasions and they took about 2-3 weeks after the activity to post. They appear as Placepass Purchase on my activity page. I came from the SPG side so tried them for the first time in May getting SPG points. The last time was in November when I took MR points. On both occasions the activities were comparably priced with doing it directly with the provider so it was a win for us.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:46 am
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Had an amazing dinner at Vespertine in Los Angeles last night. What a steal for 112K points for 2 persons.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Don't understand why SPG moment which includes a stay at a hotel, is not considered a qualifying stay? The Terms and Condition seem to suggest so, but the property say it is not correct.

"Hotel stays included within SPG Moments offers earn status towards elite if the redeeming/winning member consumes the stay but do not earn points and do not count as either stays or nights toward promotional requirements."

https://spg-moments.marriott.com/moments-terms
I'm guessing the hotel stays are booked (before you are chosen the winner) in some way that makes them non-qualifying. There are certainly rates that are non-qualifying, and you wouldn't likely use them yourself, but if a company books the hotel for an event, it may use them, and then give you the rooms.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by mileshound

Thanks
I have an update on the food/drink. It was a noon event. Food was a kale salad, baked chicken fingers with dipping sauce, sliders (I think beef or pork), quesadillas and baked ziti. There were chips, 2 types of popcorn, cookies and 3 types of M&Ms. It was beer and wine plus Prosecco. Good beer selection of Stella, Brooklyn lager, Guinness, Mich Ultra, bud light and a few others. There was bottled soda and water.

There were 2 staff attendants and they were extremely nice and hospitable. A great afternoon.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:17 pm

Update here - ok.....I will blame this one Chase. When I booked the tours on the MM website it asked for my MR #. So, I looked at the back of my Chase Marriott card and input that. Low and behold, the number on the back of the card is NOT my MR # - it has 2 of the numbers mixed up.

Finally I got a MR rep that said no matter what, I will either get or give you these points today. (It was less than 7000). He found out the error and gave me 7000 complimentary points. He said my original ones may still post to my account, but the never did, which is ok since he comped me them.

Last edited by mdurette; Feb 10, 2019 at 6:44 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:00 pm
ohh

Are Marriott Moments/auctions dead? I can't see them any more and SPG is gone as well
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, IHG Platinum, National Executive
I was under the impression there was going to be a reset/relaunch— the website basically says, come back soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.