Email Us (and give us 6 weeks..)

Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist;Bonvoy Lifetime Titan ; Hilton DIA (amex); AA Plat
Email Us (and give us 6 weeks..)

Why have they not disabled that feature until they are in a better position to respond quicker?

Sent an email request (from the website) for a basic request in August. Took 5 weeks for a response and they asked for more info ( a sham, they had all they needed).

Chalked it up to the August merger so tried again on 9/22 for a cancelled award stay where the points did not return to my account.

6 weeks later I get this:

What gets me is they want me to reply back? Then wait another 6 weeks to have you request for more info?

Yes, I know I can call, but just don't want to set aside 45 mins for that. It shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks for allowing me to rant....

Last edited by I 40; Nov 5, 2018 at 4:51 pm Reason: Removal of image containing employee name
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
It is weird because I emailed about some missing points. Six weeks later I get an email saying 'We think we resolved all open issues so if you still have an open issue email us again'. Of course, my issue wasn't resolved so I emailed them.. then LATER THAT DAY they resolve the issue and the next day the points are in my account. I don't know what twilight zone I was in to get same day fixing of a problem (and it actually being fixed) .. and both times all I did was use their website contact form, nothing special.

So no idea what to say other than try again and hope for better luck of the draw?
I 40 and Lizie like this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
maybe the emails was sent to 1 central office .. got printed there .. then sent to appropriate department by fax
hence the delay.

so far I only did missing stay request submitted through their website and 1 is resolved within 4 working days and the other took 4 weeks
Lizie likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pitflyer
It is weird because I emailed about some missing points. Six weeks later I get an email saying 'We think we resolved all open issues so if you still have an open issue email us again'. Of course, my issue wasn't resolved so I emailed them.. then LATER THAT DAY they resolve the issue and the next day the points are in my account. I don't know what twilight zone I was in to get same day fixing of a problem (and it actually being fixed) .. and both times all I did was use their website contact form, nothing special.

So no idea what to say other than try again and hope for better luck of the draw?
That's worth a try, thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
As I posted in another thread, I got a similar response today after I sent an email in on August 20 in regards to an incorrect status. And my status is still wrong. So some people have waited a lot longer than just 6 weeks.
Lizie likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeanie
As I posted in another thread, I got a similar response today after I sent an email in on August 20 in regards to an incorrect status. And my status is still wrong. So some people have waited a lot longer than just 6 weeks.
who says status doesn't pay?

perhaps this could be a new marketed benefit- emails returned no longer than 6 weeks.

jesting aside, thank you for sharing.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Would that be a published and guaranteed benefit? Could one claim $100 if it isn't honored, or would doing so require that communication be established before some deadline?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 6:35 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, United LT Silver
Sent an email on September 7th. Never received a reply from that or my two follow-ups.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by puddy
Sent an email on September 7th. Never received a reply from that or my two follow-ups.
I had a very similar experience in that timeframe. The lack of response caused me to spend my next nine nights at Hyatt. Of course I'm back now, but it felt good.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
6 weeks? Lucky you! I am still waiting for responses from inquires I sent 9 weeks ago.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Sent a missing points request right after the merger (because the stay ovelapped the merger).

Got an automatic reply after the submission. Got another reply just the other day they are still working on it.

I have stopped having emotions about all of this debacle.

​​​​​​I also have not had a paid stay since the merger. All redemptions.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
I’m pretty much done with it.

I have 7 (seven) outstanding tickets. Refund of points/missing stays/No PAG/etc

It just shouldn’t be this difficult.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by I 40
Why have they not disabled that feature until they are in a better position to respond quicker?

Sent an email request (from the website) for a basic request in August. Took 5 weeks for a response and they asked for more info ( a sham, they had all they needed).

Chalked it up to the August merger so tried again on 9/22 for a cancelled award stay where the points did not return to my account.

6 weeks later I get this:

What gets me is they want me to reply back? Then wait another 6 weeks to have you request for more info?

Yes, I know I can call, but just don't want to set aside 45 mins for that. It shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks for allowing me to rant....
Hotels are known to be poor email communicators, so this does not surprise me at all. There are simply too many people working different shifts at the front desk for there to be a reliable email conversation. No one really 'owns' the communication. It is for this reason that hotels still rely on faxes (yes!), because it pro-actively produces a sheet of paper that is attached to a booking. Unless your property is sufficiently upscale that there is a full-time concierge whom you can email, I suggest calling (I'm not sure why think this takes 45 minutes, I would imagine closer to three) or faxing.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
If you have a modern booking system you can associate an email conversation/chat as easily to a booking as you staple a piece of paper to another piece of paper .... if you have different shifts etc. you as a manager need to establish process in which where you have a handover sub process of outstanding issues ... it is certainly not an argument to use fax ... then you are just refusing change ...and/or being lazy
Old Nov 6, 2018, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Airlines are also prodigious users of fax and dot-matrix printers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.