Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Platinum Elite Challenge - No Email or Registration?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum

Hey all,

I've just called Marriott Rewards to register for the Platinum Elite challenge. All good there.

Question is - there's no evidence of my registration anywhere. I asked for an email - they said they don't. I asked if it will show up in my promos - it won't.

So when I complete this challenge, and they don't honor it, am I screwed?

Asked for an email- they refused to give one. Asked for some sort of indication or evidence, no dice. Asked to speak to manager - 2 hour hold. Hung up.

Has this happened before? Or is Marriott pretty good about this stuff and I should just trust them?

Also based on this, Marriott Rewards Customer service seems right on par with other massive US corporations... any point going Marriott? I'm IHG now Spire Elite.

Last edited by Erome; Nov 5, 2018 at 9:13 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 1:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
No one has ever done an elite challenge?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Of course people have, but Starriott is now a new combined program with very different customer service standards compared to what was experienced in the past from either the legacy MR or legacy SPG programs.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Erome
Hey all,

I've just called Marriott Rewards to register for the Platinum Elite challenge. All good there.

Question is - there's no evidence of my registration anywhere. I asked for an email - they said they don't. I asked if it will show up in my promos - it won't.

So when I complete this challenge, and they don't honor it, am I screwed?

Asked for an email- they refused to give one. Asked for some sort of indication or evidence, no dice. Asked to speak to manager - 2 hour hold. Hung up.

Has this happened before? Or is Marriott pretty good about this stuff and I should just trust them?

Also based on this, Marriott Rewards Customer service seems right on par with other massive US corporations... any point going Marriott? I'm IHG now Spire Elite.
This thread may be what you are looking for. May not be that helpful, though, as I don't believe many of us have received any confirmation for the platinum challenges (plural since there appear to be different ones going on?!).

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...ble-again.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.