Search

Post merger disaster

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL,SPG
Post merger disaster

Hey fellow FT'ers....

I've been browsing the threads and wondering the feedback from others. I am contemplating a move, but wondering if my issues are just one-off:

Stats:
  • ~300'ish lifetime nights, average around 60-80 nights a year.
  • Not very heavily invested in lifetime status (almost to lifetime gold), so making a move may be an option (depending on your responses).

Issues:
  • Since account combination, I see ZERO history and only my total points/nights. I know Make it green points typically "forget" to post, but I can't see anything anymore. Anyone else have this issue?
  • I've send a complaint Re: missing history through corporate website on 10/12 and still as of the date of this thread zero response by email/phone/smoke signal.
  • Ever since the merger, ZERO upgrades (as a lowly Platinum) across all brands/cities/lengths of stays.
  • Seems like there is no focus on retention or satisfaction of the loyalty - just a "meh, deal with it"....
Interested on if i'm the only one seeing these issues and see what other people are doing to post-merger (jumping ship, and to where?).

Thanks gang.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 5, 2018 at 12:56 am Reason: Remove case ID for privacy
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by imseanbrown
Hey fellow FT'ers....

I've been browsing the threads and wondering the feedback from others. I am contemplating a move, but wondering if my issues are just one-off:

Stats:
  • Not very heavily invested in lifetime status (almost to lifetime gold), so making a move may be an option (depending on your responses).
Issues:
  • Since account combination, I see ZERO history and only my total points/nights. I know Make it green points typically "forget" to post, but I can't see anything anymore. Anyone else have this issue?
  • I've send a complaint Re: missing history through corporate website on 10/12 (Case ?????? ) and still as of the date of this thread zero response by email/phone/smoke signal.
  • Ever since the merger, ZERO upgrades (as a lowly Platinum) across all brands/cities/lengths of stays.
  • Seems like there is no focus on retention or satisfaction of the loyalty - just a "meh, deal with it"....
Interested on if i'm the only one seeing these issues and see what other people are doing to post-merger (jumping ship, and to where?).

Thanks gang.
You may want to remove the Case ID since that could divulge some private identifying information.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

Not worried about it... That would insinuate someone from marriott would actually open it.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
SNIP
  • SNIP
Out of interest, which hotels have you stayed at? Brands and locations? Do you confirm with them when you check in that they have your correct member number and acknowledge your status?

I've had a very consistent experience since the merger: suite and lounge at the JW Jakarta, suite and club at Le Meridien Bangkok, suite and lounge at the W Guangzhou.

If I can find an email address then I have taken to writing to hotels before I arrive to check they have my correct membership number and status which they confirm. I also check in on the app two days in advance that seems to confirm that they have my status details correct because you can select late check out and the app acknowledges status.

The only poor experience I had was at the Aloft Guangzhou where there was no acknowledgement of status at check in so I asked the cold, hostile woman if she should see my correct membership number which she confirmed and then tried to upsell breakfast so I pointed to the row of Platinum Elite key holders and asked if she could see that I'm Platinum Premier elite. She then switched programming and asked (without an apology or any acknowledgement that she had been following the wrong script) if I wanted welcome points or breakfast. Platinum benefits then by the book. I put this down to her personally being a faulty robot because she switched subroutines when I promoted her twice.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Since the merger mostly US, W, Westin, Sheraton, Marriott, etc. Will be heading to Brussels, London, and some stuff in Asia at the beginningof the year, so we will see then.

JW Jakarta is a great property.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Hey fellow FT'ers....

Stats:

Issues:
  • I've send a complaint Re: missing history through corporate website on 10/12 and still as of the date of this thread zero response by email/phone/smoke signal.

Thanks gang.
Since the merger, I've also had zero upgrades as a Platinum, which I find upsetting. I haven't had the IT issues you're facing.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Nov 5, 2018 at 12:57 am Reason: Remove case ID
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:07 pm

I've had same IT issue. cannot check my account activity. been getting an error message for weeks. I do not know what stays are posting and how many points I am getting.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got better treatment as a Lifetime PP. I got: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30389801-post408.html about a month after I opened the problem

As a result, i am not merging my accounts until they fix the problem with my SPG account (missing transfer).
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:18 pm

Just got a upgrade to a presidential suite at a full service Marriott property tonight in the US! I always check to see what they have available right before I check in. I usually say " I just checked online and saw that the junior suite's are still available can I get upgraded to that room?" I will say if available I get upgraded 90% of the time. Now I do arrive around 8pm normally so I don't know if that makes a difference and they are always 1 night stays.
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Marriott15
Just got a upgrade to a presidential suite at a full service Marriott property tonight in the US! I always check to see what they have available right before I check in. I usually say " I just checked online and saw that the junior suite's are still available can I get upgraded to that room?" I will say if available I get upgraded 90% of the time. Now I do arrive around 8pm normally so I don't know if that makes a difference and they are always 1 night stays.
I haven't been as proactive about checking suite availability when I'm on a business trip, as I don't need an upgrade as much, but I should start doing that.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 7:21 am

Although Marriott says that activity history, SNA’s and free night certs on your old account take 72 hours to combine into your new combined account, in my experience it took 3 to 4 weeks for that to happen. Everything is now perfectly fine without any prompting from me.

My only peeve is that because I combined my SPG acct into my MR accnt, it now displays me as a member “since 2016” although with 10+ years as platinum.

Last edited by MePlatPremier; Nov 5, 2018 at 7:33 am
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I haven't been as proactive about checking suite availability when I'm on a business trip, as I don't need an upgrade as much, but I should start doing that.

What level are you? I am ambassador so I don't know if that helps. I will also make sure I say I am ambassador status!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 10:45 pm

What level are you? I am ambassador so I don't know if that helps. I will also make sure I say I am ambassador status!
I'm a Platinum. I'm sure your ambassador status helps!
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'm a Platinum. I'm sure your ambassador status helps!
I would even say that as well. Platinum elite or platinum premier elite may mean something to a hotel that doesn't normally see people with that level. I stayed at a Four Points couple weeks ago in the middle of no where and the lady said she had been working there 5 years and I am the first Ambassador costumer she ever met!
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I would even say that as well. Platinum elite or platinum premier elite may mean something to a hotel that doesn't normally see people with that level. I stayed at a Four Points couple weeks ago in the middle of no where and the lady said she had been working there 5 years and I am the first Ambassador costumer she ever met!
It does make a big difference. At the other end of the scale there's a 100 room Four Points in Arkansas which usually has 40-60 Ambassadors in residence on a typical weekday.
JoeWoodstock likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.