Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG APP

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

SPG APP

I just checked into the Westin. Had this booked on a BRG before the amalgamation. I updated them with my new SPG number when I arrived...... booking was on my APP right until I checked in. Got to the room and it has disappeared totally. ? I know when I have stayed at a MAR it was active and showed your stay while you are they even giving you options for different service requests during your stay. Is this normal now on the SPG APP? ....... or is this going to be another one of those weeks long fiascos trying to get this stay posted now?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 9:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Bravada04
or is this going to be another one of those weeks long fiascos trying to get this stay posted now?
Why not let it run its course and not panic preemptively?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 10:15 pm
Original Poster

Panicking might be a little over the top and exaggerated ..... I think it is fair to say frustrated at this point. Frustrated of constantly (which is no exaggeration) making sure things are right; making copies of reservations; saving screenshots; adding up points/bonuses; making phone calls; sending emails.

Is that not Marriotts job to make sure things are right at this point? I can understand if the merge just happened a week ago, but coming on 3 months now?
Old Nov 4, 2018, 7:26 am

Did you check to see if it is listed on the Marriott app? I have had no problems seeing both SPG and Marriott bookings there both prior to and during stays. Just saying, Marriott is the App and Website going forward so why stick with the past.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 11:32 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Just use the Marriott app, stays show up correctly now.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Why would it be on my MAR app? It was booked on SPG prior to the merger. I have my MAR account and my new SPG number.... so right now I am running two accounts until I merge.

I haven’t had issues on both sides with the stay showing up until now. I was curious if it was because it was still showing my old SPG number - when I arrived to the hotel and gave them my updated number it disappeared?
Old Nov 5, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Leisuremiles
Did you check to see if it is listed on the Marriott app? I have had no problems seeing both SPG and Marriott bookings there both prior to and during stays. Just saying, Marriott is the App and Website going forward so why stick with the past.
Originally Posted by Bravada04
Why would it be on my MAR app? It was booked on SPG prior to the merger. I have my MAR account and my new SPG number.... so right now I am running two accounts until I merge.

I haven’t had issues on both sides with the stay showing up until now. I was curious if it was because it was still showing my old SPG number - when I arrived to the hotel and gave them my updated number it disappeared?
It does appear that you are "sticking with the past". The transaction closed and SPG is no-more. Now there is Marriott...

Coming from an SPG legacy member who would have liked the transaction not to have taken place but that is the past now

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.