Wiki Posts
Search

Phone prompts

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Phone prompts

Is anyone else annoyed with the new phone prompts? The system recognizes my platinum status but it should be easier to talk to a representative than it currently is. I should be able to say one or two words, or press a button to be immediately connected to someone.

Sorry, rant over.
MSPeconomist and SLC 4217 like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 12:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It's absolutely maddening.

* welcome to marriot (no way to skip)
* spanish or french (no way to skip)
* great news, everything is merged, (no way to skip)
* to request help merging, some website (no way skip)
* how can I help you (if you say "associate" here it punishes you and asks you more questions)
* if you say change reservation, it tells you to use the website, THEN you can say "associate")
* I don't recognize your number (my number is definitely in my profile)
* enter marriott rewards number (which I haven't memorized so I have to find my card or open my password manager etc)
* verify last name (?)
* are you calling about the data breach? here's 30 seconds of information you've heard 90 times that you can't skip.

Compare to Delta
* call number
* it recognizes who is calling
* associate picks up

for reference, I'm Marriott Plat Premier and Delta Diamond.
jaejaez likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by pvn
Compare to Delta
* call number
* it recognizes who is calling
* associate picks up

I followed your guidance and called Delta. It was super fast and not tedious at all!

The problem was that they couldn’t help me with my question on my upcoming Sheraton reservation
Old Dec 15, 2018, 1:44 pm
pvn
Suspended

heh, if only
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by pvn

Is your number on any other account? AA did an update a while back that required your number to return only one account so they knew which account to present. A deeper problem was if your number was on an old account, whether closed or not, it failed the search. So check any other accounts you may have or maybe ask a CSR to do a phone lookup to see what they show. Keep in mind if you're using a recent number, it may have been used by someone else. Just spit balling here since there is usually a reason things fail.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by pvn

* welcome to marriot (no way to skip)
* spanish or french (no way to skip)
* great news, everything is merged, (no way to skip)
* to request help merging, some website (no way skip)
* how can I help you (if you say "associate" here it punishes you and asks you more questions)
* if you say change reservation, it tells you to use the website, THEN you can say "associate")
* enter marriott rewards number (which I haven't memorized so I have to find my card or open my password manager etc)
* verify last name (?)
* are you calling about the data breach? here's 30 seconds of information you've heard 90 times that you can't skip.

Agreed. Obviously, Marriott does not value our time. The messages are nonsense and have been this way since the summer. The added Starwood data breach pushes the recording up to 2 mins or wasted blah, blah, blah and then...a 20 - 80 chance of getting a competent agent.

Today's wasted time was booking a last minute St Regis stay and it took 6 calls to get things done and wasted 45 mins.

Well done Arne and Team.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Even when I call from my cell-which the system recognizes-I have to go through all of this crap. JUST GIVE ME A PERSON.
pvn likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

I've had the same cell phone number for 17 years, so I doubt it is someone else's. I guess it's possible I have a 2nd account but I have no idea how that would have happened. Next time I'm desperate enough to call them I'll have the agent check it out.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 9:19 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Is your number on any other account? AA did an update a while back that required your number to return only one account so they knew which account to present. A deeper problem was if your number was on an old account, whether closed or not, it failed the search. So check any other accounts you may have or maybe ask a CSR to do a phone lookup to see what they show. Keep in mind if you're using a recent number, it may have been used by someone else. Just spit balling here since there is usually a reason things fail.
Yes, thanks, I called in and this was in fact the issue. The phone agent merged it in but unfortunately there were zero lifetime nights so I didn't get pushed up over the top for lifetime platinum premier.

This should have occurred to me since I had a similar problem with Delta when I used my cell phone number for one of my younger kids' account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.