Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Maximum Elite Night Credit for long stay?

Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle

Hi,

Is there a maximum number of Elite Night Credits you can earn on a single long stay booking? We're planning to do some renovations in our home and need to find an alternative arrangement for 4 weeks This will easily be 30 nights. I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything and find out later you can earn a maximum number of Elite Night Credits.

I did do a search, but found a lot of threads about maximum Elite Night Credits in association with CC. This is purely a stay question.

Thanks!
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Not that I'm aware of. Just watch out for the brands that only provide half-night credit, which are some of the extended-stay brands you might consider in a situation like this.
kevinflyaway likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Old Jan 6, 2024, 1:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium United Silver
There is no limit. The only time they would limit the amount of points or nights you would earn is if you contacted them to get a special long term rate. Just be careful of the new properties that earn half credits and the extended stay properties that earn half the points, if that's important to you.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
i believe there actually is a limit, but it is something like 6 or 9 months.

you are a-ok at 4 weeks.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
The only maximum is one per night.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
There was definitely a limit under SPG, not sure about Marriott.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium (LT Silver), UA Silver
I've done a 90 night stay at a Bonvoy property before, and it posted correctly. You should be fine.
SPN Lifer and kevinflyaway like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA MM, MB LifeTit
Originally Posted by SHLTP
There was definitely a limit under SPG, not sure about Marriott.
That was 30 nights (or maybe 29) and I think that you got zero if you outstayed the limit. I sorta remember some outraged posts by folks who fell into that one.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 7:16 pm

I can confirm there is no limit within the Bonvoy program, but some hotels limit how many nights they allow guests to stay to avoid local residency laws.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kevinflyaway
Hi,

Is there a maximum number of Elite Night Credits you can earn on a single long stay booking? We're planning to do some renovations in our home and need to find an alternative arrangement for 4 weeks This will easily be 30 nights. I just want to make sure that I don't miss anything and find out later you can earn a maximum number of Elite Night Credits.

I did do a search, but found a lot of threads about maximum Elite Night Credits in association with CC. This is purely a stay question.

Thanks!

My longest so far has been 143 days - luckily most of it was during a 2 for 1 special - that was the year I had >365 elite nights...
kevinflyaway and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Yes, at SPG I believe it was 30 days before you didn't get points or credit. I remember I hit 29 nights while writing a book in Thailand and the exec mgr told me to be cautious to make sure I didn't go over the limit. I couldn't remember if it was 30 or 90 - I remember the 90 night threshold from somewhere but can't remember where.

I did another 29 nights at a property in UAE when we got stuck there when covid first started. Everything posted properly.

Good to here Marriott doesn't have a limit now. I wonder about Hyatt, not to go Off topic
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AMEX Platinum, BA Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Thanks all!

Good to know. I'm an original SPG-er, so also good to see it wasn't weird for me to double check. I also remember the old rules back in the day. At least 'something' changed for the better post Marriott merger :P

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.