Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Missing Amex 7% Biz Card Member Rate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 6:33 am
Original Poster

I got the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express but when I go to Marriott.com I don't see the Amex Biz Card Member Rate.
I reached out to Marriot and they said the card isn't linked and to call Amex. Amex says your Bonvoy# is there and there is no such thing as linking. Call Marriott and theys say card is not linked call Amex... Round and Round we go...

I'm suppose to have the Amex Biz Card Member Rate show up by default like you can see here https://thepointsguy.com/news/marrio...amex-discount/
Anyone else have this issue?
Old Sep 26, 2023, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by tilhas
I got the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express but when I go to Marriott.com I don't see the Amex Biz Card Member Rate.
I reached out to Marriot and they said the card isn't linked and to call Amex. Amex says your Bonvoy# is there and there is no such thing as linking. Call Marriott and theys say card is not linked call Amex... Round and Round we go...

I'm suppose to have the Amex Biz Card Member Rate show up by default like you can see here https://thepointsguy.com/news/marrio...amex-discount/
Well, that explains the sudden interest in the 7% discount. Here is a thread on the same topic that was started yesterday.

Finding AMEX Business Card Rates - FlyerTalk Forums
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by tilhas

YES! See my thread referenced by the previous poster.
The latest I got from Marriott is that Amex Bus Rate doesn't show in the rate dropdown selection tool. Which, as you noted, it did as of July 2022. Now M is claiming that one has to call to book the rate that you can't do it online. But! They don't tell you how to find hotels offering the rate.

I think the issue is because the card isn't "linked" to the account --- despite having added it to the profile. There is something amiss with the coding on their website. Very frustrating.

I would really appreciate it if anyone who currently has the card and has been booking the Amex Bus rate would chime in here and let is know how they search for it.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
As I just posted in the other thread, it does not show in the dropdown menu, but just comes up when you search for lowest rates while being logged in.
applesauce and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb
As I just posted in the other thread, it does not show in the dropdown menu, but just comes up when you search for lowest rates while being logged in.
And, as I just posted on the other thread there is supposed to be an option in the drop-down as per Marriott. See url below.

Searching for the “lowest regular rate” doesn’t even show Senior or AAA rates. In the app you have to select each rate you want to search for. On website you have to select one of alt rates such as AAA to get rates other than the LRR. https://credit-cards.marriott.com/ca...rcent-discount

Seems most likely there is a bug in Marriott’s coding that isn’t toggling on the appearance of Amex Bus Rate in the rate drop-down.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by GulkanaAlaska
And, as I just posted on the other thread there is supposed to be an option in the drop-down as per Marriott. See url below.

Searching for the “lowest regular rate” doesn’t even show Senior or AAA rates. In the app you have to select each rate you want to search for. On website you have to select one of alt rates such as AAA to get rates other than the LRR. https://credit-cards.marriott.com/ca...rcent-discount

Seems most likely there is a bug in Marriott’s coding that isn’t toggling on the appearance of Amex Bus Rate in the rate drop-down.
The website has a bubble for ​​​​​biz rate which you deselect to pick a Corp code. In the app it doesn't show in the dropdown. In both cases it shows the rate whether you want it to or not. I don't even have my biz card in my profile. It showed up when they started putting points in after my first billing cycle.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by applesauce
The website has a bubble for ​​​​​biz rate which you deselect to pick a Corp code. In the app it doesn't show in the dropdown. In both cases it shows the rate whether you want it to or not. I don't even have my biz card in my profile. It showed up when they started putting points in after my first billing cycle.
That is an entirely different rate. It is NOT the Amex Bus Card rate. It is the corp rate. So, if you work for Amway or Delta Air or Exxon you enter a code that then kicks out a rate that that corp has negotiated with Marriott. See:
https://travelseason.com/hotels/marr...des-discounts/

The Amex Bus Rate has its own line item in the drop-down. See The Points Guy URL above.

But, thanks so much for trying to help. Really appreciate the responses here.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
That URL seems to give incorrect information. Not surprising considering Marriott's IT

BTW: I was referring to the website, not the app. I just noticed that in the app the rate shows up under 'Special' when searching for the lowest rate (next to Package/Prepaid/Standard).
Old Sep 26, 2023, 5:09 pm

Originally Posted by GulkanaAlaska
That is an entirely different rate. It is NOT the Amex Bus Card rate. It is the corp rate. So, if you work for Amway or Delta Air or Exxon you enter a code that then kicks out a rate that that corp has negotiated with Marriott. See:
https://travelseason.com/hotels/marr...des-discounts/

The Amex Bus Rate has its own line item in the drop-down. See The Points Guy URL above.

But, thanks so much for trying to help. Really appreciate the responses here.
Wut. That's exactly what I said. In the app, the rate shows up no matter what. It's not (un)selectable. On the website it's the first bubble, but even if you pick another option it will still display the biz rate. If points from the card are depositing in your account you should get the rate.

​​​​​​

If you're on the website and not seeing it, clear your cache or try incognito. In the app it should just start showing.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Last edited by applesauce; Sep 26, 2023 at 5:22 pm
Old Sep 26, 2023, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the reply.
I think the way it is supposed to work is that AMEX approves the card, M gets notified and M links the card with correct M account that was supplied when the card application went thru.
You say you didn't add the card to your profile. But, if things are working as they are supposed to one doesn't need to add the card to the profile. You are credited the 15 Elite Nights and the Amex Bus Rate bubble appears in the drop-down. I assume that is the case for you.
Alas, that isn't happening for me or the originator of the other related thread. There is something broken between AMEX and M when the card is approved that only results in the 15 Elite Nights being credited, but no Amex Bus Rate search option.
As to caches and incognito...tried all that as well as different browsers. Made no difference. Same behavior using the M app as well, another indication that the problem isn't browser related.
M reps have been virtually clueless, the latest they told me is that you can't book the Amex Bus Rate online, you have to call them to book it.
(Sorry if I didn't quite get what you said before.)
Old Sep 27, 2023, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Same thing here! I got the 15nights the next day I got approved for application (which I applied from Marriott.com) to insure everything was linked property.
Now M is telling me to wait till the next statement when Amex deposits Marriott points...
Old Sep 27, 2023, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Interesting!! I got an email from Marriot just now!
"Welcome to the Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card"

But still don't see Biz Rate.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 12:43 pm

We are traveling this road together! I got the same email and the same lack of biz rate either online or in the app. But, maybe we are moving in the right direction?
Old Oct 7, 2023, 11:15 am

Have you had any update? Bix Card rate appearing?

After nearly a week of my "case" being sent to wherever, I'm told it will take 1 to 2 billing cycles — 2 MONTHS — for the rate to appear in my account. I have ZERO confidence this is the case.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 3:55 pm
bt6

Thank you Applesauce (post #9 above where they say, "clear your cache or try incognito.")! This is what worked for me:

When I first logged in, the AMEX Biz Card Member Rate was not showing up, but when I pulled up an incognito window and then logged in, the AMEX Biz Card Member Rate was showing, and so I think you're correct that it has something to do with cache.

Interestingly, when the hotels showed up, the drop down said "Lowest Regular Rate," but in looking at the results, it said "Amex Biz Card Member Rate," when the "Special Rates" tab was selected.

Also, I ran the same search in the non-incognito window, and although the "Amex Biz Card Member Rate," didn't show up in the drop down, it still was showing up in the search results -- once you clicked on a hotel.

At any rate, appreciate.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.