Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Cancun Resort & Marina Hotel - Mexico [Master Thread]

Renaissance Cancun Resort & Marina Hotel - Mexico [Master Thread]

Old Jan 4, 21, 12:01 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by exploreaswego View Post
Hey folks, just wanted to follow up that we had completed 2 nights here with the property.
Everything is consistent to what SNA1K had mentioned in his review above.

Excellent hard product, beautiful furnishing, very convenient location situated right beside a mall in front of the Marina.

The crux is the weird service we received from the desk staff. It's almost as though they are trying to emulate the "cool night club vibe" like a W hotel.
Cold, Aloof and unhelpful. On one of the few occasions we approached the desk for something, the staff would abruptly say no without even checking.
I mean comon, it's not a big deal if the hotel forgot to stock our mini bar, but customer service 101 is to always listen to your guest before you react.

My biggest disappointment was the front desk manager.

I reached out to the front desk manager (Alejandro) directly through email to feedback, he gave me a call and he wasn’t very confident in his English to address my complaints. Through his apology and goodwill, he offered me some compensation points (which he said he will address when I check out) and also offered me a free ride to the Westin Lagunamar which we spend another 5 nights after.

When I checked out, he failed to meet me in person and discuss about the goodwill points, we also had to ask for the comp transportation from the confused front desk. We managed to get the free ride and left the property. After returning back from Cancun, none of our points were posted yet (it's been more than a month now), even points for the nights we stayed. I wrote to Alejandro again to follow up on our agreement. He wrote a curt apology letter stating he had already resolved my case by offering the comp ride. Within the following few weeks, he completely ignored all of my emails to him and the GM as well.

It just blows my mind that management can choose not to reply to emails. I already filed a case directly with Marriott.

As for elite benefits, don't expect much from this property.

- Breakfast will only be Continental, if you want full you have to pay $5 to upgrade to full buffet, we also took the points instead.
- No suite upgrade, the best you'll get is probably a connecting room that is facing the Marina. (We also had issues with noise by the connecting door, in hindsight we would have opted the non-view room and have more privacy and sleep better.
- We got a piece of chocolate as the "free amenity" in the room.

If it mattered, we booked 2 1-night stays to capitalize on the 2,000 points per stay promo.
Stayed in June, Rm 1105, booked lowest room cat, upgraded to Marina View.
I checked in a Titanium, and my partner as Gold for the following night.
They had plenty of mix ups, even calling us that we had stayed past our check out time, but in fact, we already confirmed during check in that we have 2 nights, just different reservation number.

Nice Pics!!
exploreaswego likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: