Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Hotel refusing to allow award bookings entirely

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel refusing to allow award bookings entirely

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: Marriott LTS
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

Can you share which hotels you are refering too?

Thanks,
I have seen this happen with the ITC Windsor Luxury Collection property in Bangalore, India. Not one date is available for points booking for the entire booking window. I bought it up with the lurkers here who said it was an IT glitch which is still being worked on.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

Can you share which hotels you are refering too?

Thanks,
I have yet to find a points room at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront (the one on the harbor) but can always get on at the Renaissance. An event planner friend says the Waterfront has crazy high occupancy levels.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by matravelguy
Wondering what others think about this, or even whether the hotel is allowed to do it. I was looking at the Ritz-Carlton Boston to try to make an award booking. The website showed no award availability ever, and it gave this message:

"We’re sorry. This property is not taking redemption bookings at this time. You can either book a cash reservation or search for another property."

Is this allowed? There were obviously standard rooms available on many, many dates. Can properties get around Marriott's supposed "no blackout dates" policy by just refusing to accept award bookings in the first place? Are any other properties doing this too or is it just this one?
i got that message before at the ritz carlton in grand cayman when they had no more award room availability (or much availability other than suites, etc), changing the dates it would work, eventually a couple rooms opened up and it was available again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.