Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Al Messila, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Doha - Doha, Qatar [MASTER THREAD]

Al Messila, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Doha - Doha, Qatar [MASTER THREAD]

Old Oct 25, 18, 6:11 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/LTG, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Platinum

New addition opening February 2019.

khabah

"Discover Qatar, where traditional Arabic hospitality meets modern ambition with Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa. From untouched scenic desert landscapes of the Inland Sea to its emerging cities, Qatar is a captivating destination off the beaten path. Located within the urban oasis of Al Messila, the resort boasts 152 luxurious guest rooms and villas, providing comfort and privacy. With six unique restaurants and lounges, a grand outdoor pool and a ladies only spa where you can revive your body and mind."

Source/official page: https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-and-spa-doha/

Press release:

KATARA HOSPITALITY AND MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL SIGN AGREEMENT FOR AL MESSILA, A LUXURY COLLECTION RESORT & SPA

Doha, Qatar 13th October 2018

Katara Hospitality Collaborates with Leading Global Hospitality Group Marriott International to introduce Al Messila Resort & Spa, Doha under the Luxury Collection Brand

Doha, Qatar – Katara Hospitality and Marriott International today announced the signing of Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, situated in Doha. Scheduled to open by end of 2018, the resort marks The Luxury Collection brand’s first property to open in Qatar and eighth across the Middle East and Africa. The signing also marks Katara Hospitality’s 39th project under its portfolio of hotels.

The management agreement was signed by His Excellency Sheikh Nawaf Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al-Thani, Chairman of Katara Hospitality and by Mr. Arne M. Sorenson, President & CEO of Marriott International.

“This agreement marks The Luxury Collection brand’s first property in Qatar and our second worldwide after Excelsior Hotel Gallia, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Milan. Al Messila Resort & Spa is the epitome of what Katara Hospitality looks for in a hotel,” said Sheikh Nawaf Bin Jassim Bin Jabor Al-Thani, Chairman of Katara Hospitality. He continued, “Its grand and statuesque appearance is the ultimate in luxurious hospitality. The hotel is a welcome addition to our growing local portfolio of iconic properties, and we are delighted to be continuing to set the standard for luxury hospitality over the world.”

Alex Kyriakidis, President & Managing Director, Marriott International in Middle East and Africa, said: “We are excited to further expand our brand portfolio in the country with the opening of our first Luxury Collection property. As we strengthen our growing relationship with Katara Hospitality with today’s signing, we see this as testament to Qatar’s robust tourism strategy and its reputation as a leading luxury destination in the region.”

True to the spirit of The Luxury Collection, the resort will provide global explorers with authentic experiences that reflect the local spirit, lifestyle and design of its location.

Katara Hospitality is a global hotel owner, developer and operator with a collection of iconic hotels in key markets across Europe, Africa, Asia, and United States of America.

Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa will feature 152 luxuriously-appointed rooms, including 30 individual villas, and seven distinct culinary experiences. Inspired by the conservatory and 1,100 indigenous trees around it, the resort features key wellness and recreation facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and football courts and a 12,000 sqm spa. The resort also features a dedicated kids club with its own private reception, fitness rooms and climbing walls.

The signing of Al Messila, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa marks the eighth hotel collaboration between Katara Hospitality and Marriott International, which already includes the Doha Marriott Hotel, Sharq Village & Spa, a Ritz-Carlton Hotel, The Ritz-Carlton Doha, Sheraton Grand Doha Resort & Convention Hotel, Renaissance Golden View Beach Resort, Sharm el Sheikh, Excelsior Hotel Gallia, a Luxury Collection Hotel and The Westin Excelsior Rome.

About Katara Hospitality: Katara Hospitality is a global hotel owner, developer and operator, based in Qatar. With more than 45 years’ experience in the industry, Katara Hospitality actively pursues its strategic expansion plans by investing in peerless hotels in Qatar while growing its collection of iconic properties in key international markets. Katara Hospitality’s portfolio has grown to include 39 owned and / or managed hotels and the company is now focused on achieving its target of 60 hotels in its portfolio by 2026. As the country’s flagship hospitality organisation, Katara Hospitality supports Qatar’s long-term economic vision.

Katara Hospitality currently owns properties spread across four continents in Qatar, Egypt, Morocco, UK, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Singapore, Thailand and United States of America. While it partners with some of the finest hotel management companies, Katara Hospitality operates owned and non-owned hotels through its standalone operating arm, Murwab Hotel Group.

Katara Hospitality has gained global recognition for its contributions to the Qatari and international hospitality landscape, through numerous prestigious accolades from the industry.

Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and encompasses a portfolio of more than 6,700 properties in 30 leading hotel brands spanning 130 countries and territories. Marriott operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts all around the world. The company also operates award-winning loyalty programs: Marriott Rewards®, which includes The Ritz-Carlton Rewards®, and Starwood Preferred Guest®. For more information, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visit www.marriottnewscenter.com. In addition, connect with us on Facebook and @marriottIntl on Twitter and Instagram.

Source: Katara Hospitality and Marriott International sign agreement for Al Messila, A Luxury Collection Resort & Spa | Katara Hospitality
Old Dec 17, 18, 4:05 pm

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
Al Messila, LC, Doha

Just noticed this addition to the portfolio in Qatar, 122 room and 30 villa property set in a forest in Doha that is currently scheduled to open in March 2019 - https://www.marriott.co.uk/hotels/tr...-and-spa-doha/

There are already some really excellent Marriott properties in Doha (RC, St. Regis, W, Westin) but this looks like it could be the best of the lot.
Old Dec 18, 18, 8:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
There are already some really excellent Marriott properties in Doha (RC, St. Regis, W, Westin) but this looks like it could be the best of the lot.
Looking forward to see what rates will be at that property relative to others. I am not sure I am a big fan of this location... interestingly, LC is a resort but unlike the W, StR and RC, it's not on the beach.
Old Jan 20, 19, 5:49 am

Programs: BAEC, EK Skywards, WY Sindbad, Marriott 'Bonvoy' :/, IHG, Hilton Honors, Golden Circle
I was hoping to stay here over Easter, but opening date now listed as pushed back to May 2019.
Old Jan 20, 19, 6:29 am

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation View Post
I was hoping to stay here over Easter, but opening date now listed as pushed back to May 2019.
... and still not taking reservations
Old Jan 20, 19, 9:53 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
The property suffered from severe flooding during the storm in Doha last month so the snag list has pushed the opening date....
Old Feb 15, 19, 6:04 am

Now available for booking from 4th June (which is Eid this year I think?) - pricing is slightly above the St. Regis / RC and generally seems to be in the 800-1,000 QAR range.

No rewards category yet.
Old Feb 15, 19, 10:26 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I was on a flight last week with 2 Execs from Marriott DXB sitting next to me, they were heading for training as part of the opening team. So June sounds about a little long but I guess in this part of the world its possible.
Old May 15, 19, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba View Post
I was on a flight last week with 2 Execs from Marriott DXB sitting next to me, they were heading for training as part of the opening team. So June sounds about a little long but I guess in this part of the world its possible.
Apparently not! Listed as opening in September now on the website but not actually bookable until November.

Rewards Category 5 in line with the St. Regis and two RCs.
Old May 15, 19, 1:22 pm

Dont know what's going on! however I am assuming they may have preferred to open when Doha is a bit busier, Doha is a ghost town in the summer so possibly because of that! Also with the new JW Marriott apparently the other Marriott properties are lending staff to assist in running the hotel so perhaps some of the staff from this hotel is helping at the JW Marriott.

Though I don't like the location I am looking forward to the property and see how it pans out!
Old Oct 5, 19, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Exp Plat, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold, UA Silver, AF Silver
anyone heard or read anything if still opening in the next month or so?
Old Dec 14, 19, 5:36 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Will be staying here in a couple weeks I will report back on how the resort compares to the likes of others in the region (like Al-Maha).
Old Dec 14, 19, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Zbaig View Post
Will be staying here in a couple weeks I will report back on how the resort compares to the likes of others in the region (like Al-Maha).
its a completely different type of hotel than Al Maha...
Old Dec 15, 19, 3:00 am

haha yep if you are expecting Al Maha you would be severely disappointed!!! its next to an expressway for starters!!
Old Dec 18, 19, 5:09 am

I have not seen Al Messila yet but at first glance I don't see how this property is going to be anything remotely similar to Al Maha, other than they are both Luxury Collection hotels and they both start with "Al" in the name.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: