Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Problems with 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability and "Corporate Clients"

Problems with 48-Hour Guaranteed Availability and "Corporate Clients"

Old Oct 24, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
This is one of those garbage benefits that has never really worked - at least on the SPG side, I can't speak to the Marriott side.

There's always a waiver or exception that seems to apply when you try to use it. I'm 0 out of 5 times trying to use it. Three times there was a "special events" and the other two times the rack rate was so outrageous (2-3 times normal room rate or so would be understandable but $1500 when the rooms usually go for $200 is not) that it is a benefit-in-name-only.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by ethernal
This is one of those garbage benefits that has never really worked - at least on the SPG side, I can't speak to the Marriott side.

There's always a waiver or exception that seems to apply when you try to use it. I'm 0 out of 5 times trying to use it. Three times there was a "special events" and the other two times the rack rate was so outrageous (2-3 times normal room rate or so would be understandable but $1500 when the rooms usually go for $200 is not) that it is a benefit-in-name-only.
It used to work quite well on the Marriott side. There were very few exceptions. Rates were typically reasonable as well. Still seeing the problem today where it isn't working. Still hope they fix it.

--Jon
C17PSGR likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.