Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection [Now deferred to 2021] - points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter

So the RC Yacht Collection is now taking reservations for cruises beginning in 2020. And I really only have one question, the most important question: Can points be earned or redeemed for these?
Old Oct 12, 2018, 3:27 pm

It’s on their website
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those who are too lazy to check on weblink.

The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection offers the freedom to explore life’s most extraordinary experiences. Shortly, we will announce loyalty benefits for members of Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and SPG. We look forward to recognizing our valued loyalty members and welcoming you aboard your private yachting oasis.
https://www.ritzcarltonyachtcollecti...oyalty-program
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
For those who are too lazy to check on weblink.

https://www.ritzcarltonyachtcollecti...oyalty-program
They've had that up for at least six months now. Still no information.
smgainey and MarkP24 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 1:26 pm

They said they would have a loyalty program a while ago, but it's not clear if it will be separate from Marriott's program. What I want to know is when will the Ritz Carlton Reserve properties join the Marriott Rewards program? All-suite properties such as the St Regis Maldives and St Regis Bora Bora participate, and I'm sure those are on par with the Ritz Carlton Reserve properties. They should also remove the regular Ritz Carlton properties (such as the one in St Thomas) from Category 8 down to Category 7 as those are not on par with the likes of the St Regis Maldives or Ritz Carlton Reserve properties.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smgainey
They said they would have a loyalty program a while ago, but it's not clear if it will be separate from Marriott's program. What I want to know is when will the Ritz Carlton Reserve properties join the Marriott Rewards program? All-suite properties such as the St Regis Maldives and St Regis Bora Bora participate, and I'm sure those are on par with the Ritz Carlton Reserve properties. They should also remove the regular Ritz Carlton properties (such as the one in St Thomas) from Category 8 down to Category 7 as those are not on par with the likes of the St Regis Maldives or Ritz Carlton Reserve properties.
If this is an option to redeem points, assuming the redemption rates are decent, it could be a nice redemption!
smgainey likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:18 pm
Suspended

Still in the works is how you can use your Marriott Rewards points. A typical one-week cruise is pegged at $5,600 per person and each ship only holds 298 people, sometimes less as a number of single cabin suites can be combined into larger suites through movable walls. Prothero says it will likely end up you can use points for spa treatments, dining at Aqua, which is an additional charge or shore excursions, also not included. It’s unlikely you will earn points for cruising, but that’s not been finalized.
Highlighting mine -- this is from a few months ago - but didn't sound likely.

Source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol.../#161067767efa
smgainey and MarkP24 like this.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Even if you can use points to book a trip, MAR (and most other chains) only allow booking 330 days out & since RCY isn't available until 2020, no one can book.

Mods - IIRC there was a (master?) thread in the RC forum that perhaps this thread could be merged into (and said thread might be in this forum now that the forums are merged).

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 13, 2018 at 11:42 pm
Old Oct 13, 2018, 11:26 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Nicoolio
Highlighting mine -- this is from a few months ago - but didn't sound likely.

Source:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggol.../#161067767efa
Oh well. Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by MarkP24
If this is an option to redeem points, assuming the redemption rates are decent, it could be a nice redemption!
I hope they will have decent redemption rates! Part of me wants to be sceptical, but the rational part says that they're only charging at most 100k points per night for the St Regis Bora Bora, whereas I thought that would charge 360k points/night since SPG charged 120k. So, they may again surprise us with this redemption rate. We'll see 😊
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by smgainey
I hope they will have decent redemption rates! Part of me wants to be sceptical, but the rational part says that they're only charging at most 100k points per night for the St Regis Bora Bora, whereas I thought that would charge 360k points/night since SPG charged 120k. So, they may again surprise us with this redemption rate. We'll see 😊
I guess we'll see
Old Sep 4, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
R C Yacht collection

So, I get this pop-up add now when on FT for the Ritz Carlton Yacht collection... 2020 & 2021 trips. Wondering if its part of the RC Marriott Bonvoy plan ?.

about 10K per person , skeptical if points on that....

Last edited by Jiatong; Sep 4, 2019 at 3:55 pm Reason: screenshot
Old Sep 5, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
More emails on the RC yacht promo from Marriott, wonder if targeted ?
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Yacht delayed. Four months of cruises canceled.

https://onemileatatime.com/ritz-carlton-yacht-delay/
Old Sep 30, 2019, 5:24 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Sorry to hear that...but no one should be surprised. As with any new hotel, a new cruise ship is likely to be delayed.

At least they are making nice offers to compensate for choosing to book again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.