Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Toronto Marriott City Centre [Master Thread]

Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SkiAdcock
Rebranded to Marriott Toronto City Centre as of September 13, 2017. Undergoing year+ renovation due to finish in fall/winter 2018.
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 28, 2003, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat,Hilton Diamond,Lifetime Marriott Platinum Premier

Are there any recent reports on this property?
How is the Exec lounge?
How is parking and traffic to and from?
Are you able to walk to any nightlife?
It is either here or the Toronto Hilton.
Usually Renaissances are much nicer, but not always.

Thanks
Old Jan 28, 2003, 4:07 pm

Working at the Marriott Eaton Centre I have heard of both people who prefer the Ren or prefer the Eaton Centre. None of them were big fans of the Hilton. The Ren is right off the highway whereas the Hilton is a bit futher into the city and with several one way streets may be a little more diffcult to navigate around. Traffic within the city is also quite bad at rush hour.

What kind of Nightlife are you looking for? The Air Canada Centre is within walking distance of the Ren if you're looking to catch a Leafs or Raptors game. The Hilton is close to the John/Richmond entertainment district but there are scattered bars, clubs and restaurants around the Ren as well. Both are on the same subway line.

It's about a 10-15 minute walk between the two properties.
Old Jan 28, 2003, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I stayed there in September 2002, on a weekend. The lounge either didn't exist or was closed. I can't remember which. The rooms are kind of strange (long, high and curved), but I liked the hotel.

Bruce
Old Jan 29, 2003, 11:38 am

Have you read the Hilton board posts re the Toronto Hilton? I recall reading Gold and Diamond members raving about the Toronto Hilton's readiness to recognize elite benefits. We're thinking about visiting Toronto this summer, and I narrowed the choices down to the Renaissance Skydome (because my spouse is a big baseball fan) and the Hilton because of the recognition of elite benefits. For us, the decision will be based in large part on the price difference between the two.
Old Jan 29, 2003, 5:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Scotch,

The Hilton is more business-oriented and is in a business area (bank towers and the like). The Ren is more leisure-oriented and better located for tourists IMO. There is a Hard Rock Cafe steps from the door of the Ren, Planet Hollywood is just around the corner along with the rest of the "theatre" district, and of course it's in the ballpark. I know people with Marriott status who have gotten expensive field-view rooms as upgrades, as they often go unsold otherwise.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:28 am

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
The Renaissance is an excellent property. As a Platinnum member I have received a room overlooking the ball-park. Those rooms are rather large as well. The Club Lounge is on the 6th floor and is the standard Marriott lounge with continental breakfast and snacks and dessert in the evening. The hotel is close to the theatre district as already mentioned and some restaurants on Queen Street. This is my favourite hotel in Toronto over both the other Marriotts, Westin Harborcastle (#2), Sheraton Center. I have never stayed at the Hilton though.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 11:12 am

yyzflyer,

Thanks for that comparison. I'll keep that in mind.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 4:17 pm

Loved the Ren Skydome. Excellent rooms with great amenities and a wonderful location (close to sporting events, theatre district, CN Tower, etc.). The executive lounge was closed during my visit (weekend).
Old Feb 3, 2003, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Agree with what's been posted about the Ren. Great indoor pool too.
Old Jun 27, 2003, 8:10 am

Any suggestions for parking at Toronto Renaissance Skydome?
Old Jun 27, 2003, 3:24 pm

They have a lot underground - $18 a day or I think $26/day for valet.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 9:06 am

I thought the Marriott Eaton Center was way over-priced for the room that I got. Like $249 CDN or something during the SARS epidemic. Should have been less. I am staying at the Hilton for $159 CDN at the end of July.
Old Jul 2, 2003, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Egad, Papergirl, I stayed two nights at the end of May at the Marriott Eaton Centre for USD$45./night. Bid on Priceline for a four-star in downtown Toronto and that's what you'll likely get. At $45 I thought the Eaton Centre property was really very nice.
Old Jul 3, 2003, 1:15 am

TMEC was offering a C$89 rate which included self parking and 20% off dinner at JW's Steakhouse during the SARS epidemic, one of the lowest rates in the city.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W32E21225
Old Jul 3, 2003, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Cedric, if you work there, congratulations on being part of a really good property and service effort. I would certainly return and pay the proper rate!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.