Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
Years ago, when my wife and I joined Mileage Plus, they offered numerous enticing title choices. In a moment of weakness while completing her application form, I designated her as a Countess. For years, every correspondence she received from United was addressed to Countess Goodman. She was not amused and finally got them to stop.

I'll admit I'm slightly less attracted to her now that she's just a Mrs.
I had a funny-guy corporate travel agent years ago. As you note, the SPG title popup list had about a hundred entries back in the day. This guy used a different title for every single one of my stays. So I went from being a Viscount to "most holy sister" (I'm male) to Archduke. When I left the company, it somehow got stuck at "Lord." Almost 20 years later, I haven't completely eradicated it from the systems. When I visit hotels in the UK, I'm still "Lord Cato."

One clerk told me she had never met an actual lord before. I told her I hadn't either (that wasn't true strictly speaking, but it sounded good).
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
For those of you that have lifetime Titanium status, does that mean you get UA Premier Silver for life?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:03 pm

I have it now, and I haven't flown UA in years. I suppose the program will end at some point.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:05 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
It is on a year by year basis, but I would guess that as long as Marriott and United have the current agreement in place, Lifetime Titanum status would continue to give United Silver status.
sdsearch and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, American Airlines Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Got my Lifetime Titanium card in the mail last week. My first thought was "what is it made out of?" I see from this thread I'm not the only one that tested to see if it was magnetic and weighed it. Did we ever find out their composition?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
Got my Lifetime Titanium card in the mail last week. My first thought was "what is it made out of?" I see from this thread I'm not the only one that tested to see if it was magnetic and weighed it. Did we ever find out their composition?
It's an alloy of all the hopes and dreams collectively held for Bonvoy. Hence the thud factor.
Boraxo, bosman, karenkay and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
yep, got my lifetime metal card as well. like others, I'm happy to have it, but won't actually carry it due to weight.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:27 pm

So it turns out there's a practical value to sending out LTTE packages after all - for Marriott. Saw today where someone posted in the comments section of an old blog post that they were so excited to receive this "announcement" that they'd be shifting from a best-value stay pattern back to Marriott loyalty. I guess on FT it's easy to forget that there are those out there who have no idea their status unless they're told/reminded.

It's also interesting to me that these are apparently still slowly spooling out - perhaps there're a lot more LTTEs in the world than I ever would've guessed for this to span so much time (have not received one to date myself).
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:48 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
perhaps there're a lot more LTTEs in the world than I ever would've guessed
I think that's a safe assumption. Remember that all active original members were granted lifetime Platinum (now Titanium) at one of the program anniversaries (maybe the 25th?).
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Maybe they should subcontract?

Have not got my LTT card in the mail, but got a nice luggage tag from united. I saw on a post that one of the lurkers said between now and the end of the year, seriously how hard can this possibly be?
Old Aug 31, 2019, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ceber
Have not got my LTT card in the mail, but got a nice luggage tag from united. I saw on a post that one of the lurkers said between now and the end of the year, seriously how hard can this possibly be?
this is marriott we are talking about....it will be as hard as marriott can possibly make it....
sdsearch likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by karenkay
yep, got my lifetime metal card as well. like others, I'm happy to have it, but won't actually carry it due to weight.
The lifetime card is very cool, and I actually like the steel card. I don't mind it a bit if I don't get sent another yearly card again.

Unlike many others who don't like the weight of it because it makes it tougher to carry in the wallet.... I keep mine in my traveling briefcase in a special pocket that contains my membership cards, so I don't have to pain myself carrying it on my body at all times.

These steel cards are nice, and I wish other loyalty programs would do that for their lifetime status travelers (UA/DL for instance, and Hilton and others).

Maybe for those that stay 3000+ nights, they can upgrade this lifetime card to be diamond crusted.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:51 pm

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Unhappy

Originally Posted by jjmoore
The lifetime card is very cool, and I actually like the steel card. I don't mind it a bit if I don't get sent another yearly card again.

Unlike many others who don't like the weight of it because it makes it tougher to carry in the wallet.... I keep mine in my traveling briefcase in a special pocket that contains my membership cards, so I don't have to pain myself carrying it on my body at all times.

These steel cards are nice, and I wish other loyalty programs would do that for their lifetime status travelers (UA/DL for instance, and Hilton and others).

Maybe for those that stay 3000+ nights, they can upgrade this lifetime card to be diamond crusted.

My lifetime Diamond Hilton card is metal. I have gotten two of them, different version but both metal. Still waiting on receiving my Titanium LT from Marriott
jjmoore likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
this is marriott we are talking about....it will be as hard as marriott can possibly make it....
Not to mention that it somehow just wouldn't feel right if it weren't done in sweeps; mysterious, suspense-building sweeps is ever the Marriott way.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Marriott IT Lifetime Status Problems

I was checking on my lifetime status with my ambassador as it wasn't tallying up...my Ambassador came back with the below -

Currently you have 804 lifetime nights and 8 years of platinum elite status. I checked with our related department and I was advised that 8 years is not counting for this year and this should update at the beginning of next year. If you believe this information is not accurate, we can request our related department to review your account and stays. Please kindly let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Marriott IT system still having issues 🥴

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.