Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by WoodyWindy
Laptop case and pens? Not to this audience...
Sent out starting in April.

Ambassador Elite Gift - Received in the Mail
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: Starwoods/ Marriott Life Time Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, and HP
Do you think they will ever send out LifeTime Platinum Elite cards?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm trying to learn and understand how Marriott lifetime status works. Let's say I achieved 250 LT nights today and I already have had 5 silver for 5 years. So now i'm a LT silver elite. What if I want to obtain LT Platinum Elite? Will I have to start over and be a Platinum Elite for 10 years?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm trying to learn and understand how Marriott lifetime status works. Let's say I achieved 250 LT nights today and I already have had 5 silver for 5 years. So now i'm a LT silver elite. What if I want to obtain LT Platinum Elite? Will I have to start over and be a Platinum Elite for 10 years?
I wouldn't necessarily think of it as starting over, per se, but yes, you need years of actual status at or above a given level to be in the running for LT status at said level. Would it really make any sense to give someone LT Plat status who happened to have n number of Silver or Gold years under their belt? I wouldn't say so, no.
margarita girl and lsquare like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:27 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by lsquare
If during any of those years you also had gold or platinum status, then they were counted towards the silver but still count towards LT gold and plat.

Y1 Silver
Y2 Gold
Y3 Platinum
Y4 Silver
Y5 Platinum

In this case your count would be:

5 years toward LT silver
3 years toward LT gold
2 years toward LT platinum
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Some folks really value this sort of thing and in fact have inquired of the Lurkers about the possibility on more than one occasion, IIRC. But any true practical value? Can't imagine.
FD> I'm sorry Mr. DeBoulet, but we don't have any suite upgrades available for your stay.

DD> (Pulls out LTT Card and drops it on the counter)

*CLANK*

DD> Does this help?

FD> WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 360guy
Do you think they will ever send out LifeTime Platinum Elite cards?
It would be nice but I doubt it. I would put it next to my Delta Diamond Charter Member card. More of a novelty then anything else.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium

Was thinking this very same thing. Likely they wouldn’t want to send a LT Titanium kit to an Amb member and create confusion. And yeah, likely this is a one-time thing, so...

But I can’t think of any real-world use case for the card/package, so I’m not going to mourn much. Just wish I’d been ‘surprised or delighted’ with recent award stays or something!
I qualified for Amb last year (valid for this year) and got the LT titanium kit
Old Aug 3, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Likely they wouldn’t want to send a LT Titanium kit to an Amb member and create confusion.
What confusion?

Are these going out to all LTits? I haven't received one.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
They should be going out to all lifetime Titanium members.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
none for me yet either
Old Aug 3, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, IHGPlat, RadGold, Marriott Plat, BW Diamond
Data point - I just received my LT Titanium kit & card in today’s mail... so they’re still mailing them out. I’m not sure what I’ll do with mine, but somehow I liked getting it. Though, to be honest, it was not quite as exciting as achieving and receiving my SPG Lifetime credentials. But I do appreciate the benefits that come with Lifetime elite status!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Travelosopher
Data point - I just received my LT Titanium kit & card in today’s mail... so they’re still mailing them out. I’m not sure what I’ll do with mine, but somehow I liked getting it. Though, to be honest, it was not quite as exciting as achieving and receiving my SPG Lifetime credentials. But I do appreciate the benefits that come with Lifetime elite status!
What is in the kit?

Have not received mine yet!
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:27 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Did SPG ever do a metal card or were they just plastic (for Lifetime SPG Platinum)?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 10:38 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by stc
Did SPG ever do a metal card or were they just plastic (for Lifetime SPG Platinum)?
SPG had an awesome metal card with SPG Lifetime Platinum, served up in a card which had every SPG hotel location ever (ish) marked out on it. I'm sad I missed out on it by 1 year before all the great stuff went away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.