Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:19 pm

It’s just a continuation of the ham-fisted, shambolic “management” for which Marriott has become legend. They announced- months ago- that the sweep would happen at the beginning of the new year. Evidently they don’t believe it to be important to communicate with members about specific timeframes, other than, bizarre though it is, via an email from an exec to a member of this forum ,advising that there’ll be an announcement soon.
It stands in stark contrast to the efficiency with which SPG dealt with the introduction of the LT status changes back in 2012.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 6:37 pm

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
One interesting datapoint is that albeit the annual night counter have been reset to zero the requalificaton milestones are abscent, hence the system thinks that I am a PP with zero dollar spend which had already qualified for the current year of, 2019. My guess is that would change when the year counter gets updated...

Last edited by X-ON; Jan 1, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by X-ON
One interesting datapoint is that albeit the annual night counter have been reset to zero the requalificaton milestones are abscent, hence the system thinks that I am a PP with zero dollar spend which had already qualified for the current year of, 2019. My guess is that would change when the year counter gets updated...
my counter / speedometer shows 14 nights for ‘19 but the digits shows 0. Looks like they haven’t eliminated rollover on the gauge part of it.

its been said before but seriously, Marriott IT has handled this worth than any other merger I’ve ever seen. It is breathtaking how bad this is and it’s 2018.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bergamini
my counter / speedometer shows 14 nights for ‘19 but the digits shows 0. Looks like they haven’t eliminated rollover on the gauge part of it.

its been said before but seriously, Marriott IT has handled this worth than any other merger I’ve ever seen. It is breathtaking how bad this is and it’s 2018.
Mine has gone to zero all over. Actually don't even have a gauge, just a message saying "Enjoy Ambassador till 01/30/2020"

Does anyone know when the lifetime counter updates? My number of years hasn't changed.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM; Marriott/, SPG Gold, Hhonors silver; IHG Gold
Hello all. Lets see if this question belongs here?
in 2018, before requalifying for Gold, I had in my lifetime status 6 years as a Gold member (and ~360 night but this is not important for now) ...I have screenshots from previous months to prove it. I requalified in October and the nights have been updated but not the years. It still appears as 6 years as a gold (and not 7). Anyone with “years” not being updated?
My goal is of course to get soon the 400 required nights and therefore the lifetime Gold status (with 7 years requirement).
Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, SPG VIP
Dual Lifetime Status

I was lifetime gold via SPG, but hit the required year count in 2018 (already had nights) to be lifetime platinum premier in the new program. Had something interesting when I logged into my choice benefit page last week - the side panel dropdown menu that shows your name, status and points shows LTPP, but when I go to the profile overview page, it still shows lifetime gold. Anybody else seeing dual status on their accounts?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by akatuva
I was lifetime gold via SPG, but hit the required year count in 2018 (already had nights) to be lifetime platinum premier in the new program. Had something interesting when I logged into my choice benefit page last week - the side panel dropdown menu that shows your name, status and points shows LTPP, but when I go to the profile overview page, it still shows lifetime gold. Anybody else seeing dual status on their accounts?
I’m seeing similar. Prior to 1/1/19 I had 9 years platinum according to MR/SPG (it should have been 11, but whatever). I had >75 nights in 2018, meaning I should have 10-12 years now. I still see LTG on the MR site, but on the choice benefits page, I see LTPP.

I’m waiting at least a week before I try to argue with the MR folks about lifetime status again. Getting these numbers right clearly hasn’t been a priority in the last 6 months, I don’t see that changing soon.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: Marriott LTPP
Has Lifetime Status disappeared

I see the infinity sign but it doesn't say lifetime status any longer. Is this just a matter of Marriott needing to update their website?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Safti
I see the infinity sign but it doesn't say lifetime status any longer.
Mine never had the word "lifetime". The color of the infinity icon is your lifetime status, and the words are your current status - they are not necessarily the same.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I also don't see "Lifetime" on the web site, and don't recall ever seeing it there.

Try the MR mobile app. Go to My Account and swipe left - it should show Lifetime Status and the full text.

I didn't know there were colors - mine is just black and white. What colors are there?

Last edited by CPRich; Jan 3, 2019 at 2:28 am
Old Jan 3, 2019, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Check the link in wiki of this thread.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...update-68.html
Old Jan 3, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by CPRich
I also don't see "Lifetime" on the web site, and don't recall ever seeing it there.
It shows on the account overview page about halfway down as well.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:02 pm

Do you guys see hotels not posting platinum welcome gift points? I don't usually look too closely at my activity, just as long as my stays post, but I went through in detail and it seems like a few hotels consistently have missed my welcome gift points over the past year.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Majuki
It shows on the account overview page about halfway down as well.
You get "Account Overview" to load? You are very lucky! Mine hasn't loaded since the year turned.

Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, MARRIOTT AMBASSADOR LIFETIME TITANIUM
Yes same with me and is a pain to get added

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.