Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:10 am

Is there anyone out there at all, who can confirm that they have "Lifetime Platinum Premier" mentioned in their account at this time already? Anyone? I dunno, but I doubt it. I'm fairly certain it will only show much later, after the long announced "sweep" has taken place.

Maybe someone who qualified under legacy requirements? Can anyone of you legacy top tiers confirm what's exactly mentioned on your overview account page? Thx.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bergamini

I would save the melodrama until February.
No melodrama, just well deserved cynicism.

Originally Posted by margarita girl
+1000

Not to mention that anyone who had stays in the last few days won’t have them reflected in their account yet! I’d say at the very least, wait a minimum of 10 business days. Or be realistic and allow 1-2 months.

Remember this is the company that started their widely advertised 29 Ways promo a week later than scheduled.
I gave them three (3) nights in 2018. Been over 750 for more than a year. I'm being realistic in my expectation of getting shafted. In fact, I'll be surprised if they don't. (Visions of AA dancing in my head.)
I don't, by the way, recall anything other than it will officially finish merging 1/1. Then again there has been so much back and forth online and directly through emails with them that have been as clear as mud every time. TBH I've gotten a lot better stays/flights and value by simply shopping around and paying than from loyalty programs (MR, HH, FPC/Accor, AA) for quite some time. But if I can't moan about it here, where then? None of them seem to give a damn (until the next hospitality down-cycle, that is).

Last edited by pjoalfa; Jan 1, 2019 at 7:24 am
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pjoalfa
No melodrama, just well deserved cynicism.
I gave them three (3) nights in 2018. Been over 750 for more than a year. I'm being realistic in my expectation of getting shafted. In fact, I'll be surprised if they don't. (Visions of AA dancing in my head.)
I don't, by the way, recall anything other than it will officially finish merging 1/1. Then again there has been so much back and forth online and directly through emails with them that have been as clear as mud every time. TBH I've gotten a lot better stays/flights and value by simply shopping around and paying than from loyalty programs (MR, HH, FPC/Accor, AA) for quite some time. But if I can't moan about it here, where then? None of them seem to give a damn (until the next hospitality down-cycle, that is).
"NOTE: Members who reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018, will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019)"

"● Lifetime Platinum Elite: With 750 Nights + 2,000,000 Points achieved through 2018, Member will achieve Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status***. Notice of this achievement and benefits will begin in January 2019."

I have found nowhere that it states the poof, on January 1st everyone and everything will be set. The online documentation clearly indicates "January of 2019". They've got 30 more days before you spew more hate about not getting it. Stay calm! IIR from a discussion with my Ambassador, they are aiming to basically do one sweep so sitting here at 752 nights and staying at a Marriott on 12/31, I'm sure there are several people whose 750th night was 12/31 so they need those nights to post before they can even think of running anything to calculate eligibility and award this status.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: AA PLT, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum, FPC/Accor Platinum, HHonors Diamond
Clear as mud.

750 and 10 years.
750 and 2mm points.
Which is it?

"spewing hate". Always count on someone on FT to slam down any comment, any time, any reason. Should have known better.

Back to paying attention to more important things, as can be seen by the gap between today and my last FT post.
Happy New Year!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
So here we are 1/1/19. Dozens of posts and blog articles later filled with confusing and conflicting info and the result is as I suspected. 759 LT nights, 18y platinum. LT Platinum. NOT Platinum Premier.
I used to love this game, but the days of being loyal to ANY of these companies is long gone.
Nowhere did they say the sweep would happen on the first, just many believing "in January 2019" would be the first. As I understand it, the sweep will happen sometime in January, some speculating as late as March. Regardless just about every program I've been involved with hold off their year-end housekeeping until they have time to get all of the December activity posted and any last minute cleanup not to mention the short staffing that typically occurs around holidays. Yes, they do zero out your YTD numbers as those are not dependent upon last month's activity.

Now if it gets to be much past the 15th, then I'd start getting anxious.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:39 am

Clear as mud.

750 and 10 years.
750 and 2mm points.
Which is it?
If you read the T&C, or followed this and other FT threads, you would know that either of those works. Read the T&C! You came on moping because it didn't happen on the day you self-imagined it should. "I used to enjoy the game..." Well, I used to enjoy people who were informed and read the T&C. Happy New Year too!
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Clear as mud.

750 and 10 years.
750 and 2mm points.
Which is it?

"spewing hate". Always count on someone on FT to slam down any comment, any time, any reason. Should have known better.

Back to paying attention to more important things, as can be seen by the gap between today and my last FT post.
Happy New Year!
Cherry picking which posts you read will leave you very confused. There are very many speculative posts with people staying what they want it to be and most of those get shot down in replies but the OP remains intact. Even the use of the LIKE feature does not provide any feedback as to the correctness of the post. Some will like because it is right and others will like because that's how they want it to be. The Wikis are the most correct area to glean the most accurate info, but even that has limits. If you are looking for Marriott sanctioned data then moving to Marriott Insiders might be the correct place for you.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:51 am

The App still shows me as LTP, but the website now shows me as LTPP. I def wasn't expecting it so early in January. Hope it sticks! (Now if I could just choose my SNA's and free night and get credit for a couple of missing stays...)
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:58 am

How did you qualify? Legacy or combination?
Old Jan 1, 2019, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
The App still shows me as LTP, but the website now shows me as LTPP. I def wasn't expecting it so early in January. Hope it sticks! (Now if I could just choose my SNA's and free night and get credit for a couple of missing stays...)
My account has not yet changed. Just curious what was your status yesterday and how did you qualify for LTPP? If you were MR LTP or earned it during the year, then I'd understand showing LTPP now. But it's too early for them to have done the sweep in that December data is still coming in. I am guessing they will not be running the sweep several times to catch up with late postings. I am hoping they have built a process that will allow CSRs, or some designated staff, to manually correct accounts as they are discovered/reported.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
My account has not yet changed. Just curious what was your status yesterday and how did you qualify for LTPP? If you were MR LTP or earned it during the year, then I'd understand showing LTPP now. But it's too early for them to have done the sweep in that December data is still coming in. I am guessing they will not be running the sweep several times to catch up with late postings. I am hoping they have built a process that will allow CSRs, or some designated staff, to manually correct accounts as they are discovered/reported.
Yesterday I was Marriott LTP via years, not points, with enough nights to qualify for LTPP.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:05 am

I'm getting errors wherever I go on the website today (big shock) but I do see that my lifetime nights dropped from 752 to 751 -- eeek! Although I did stay 12/30 & 12/31 so that should go back up. Story of my life: https://www.marriott.com/error.mi
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ord Liza
Yesterday I was Marriott LTP via years, not points, with enough nights to qualify for LTPP.
Ah, so you qualified by MPG rules and I would expect that to happen whenever you reach the threshold. Those of us waiting on legacy rules need to wait for the sweep. Congratulations.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bergamini
I'm getting errors wherever I go on the website today (big shock) but I do see that my lifetime nights dropped from 752 to 751 -- eeek! Although I did stay 12/30 & 12/31 so that should go back up. Story of my life: https://www.marriott.com/error.mi
I suspect we will continue to see account errors happening for quite some time. I just logged into my account and everything is looking good, YTD nights zeroed out as they should, and LT nights still intact. Just waiting for the sweep to kick me up to LTPP.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 8:16 am

Ah, so you qualified by MPG rules and I would expect that to happen whenever you reach the threshold. Those of us waiting on legacy rules need to wait for the sweep. Congratulations.
Except that I "qualified" months ago for LTPP (in terms of number of years and number of nights) but I was only LTP (having qualified via years, not points - ie the new program form of qualification), so I too had to wait until January. Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought every type of qualification except Marriott points/nights had to wait until January.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.