Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:06 pm

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by CJKatl
At this point I don't know whether to believe you will or you will not. William is a great resource but who knows if what he is being told will ultimately be the final or right answer? All I believe at this point is that Marriott has created so much confusion there is no way to know what is accurate.

With that said, I do believe even if it turns out to be incorrect Marriott will stand by and honor what William confirmed, so hold on to a printed copy of his correspondence/answer/post/smoke signal. Good luck.
I have faith that William was correct when he confirmed that combined nights and MR points count, but one blogger told me that management stated otherwise at a later time. What I am not certain about is whether or not the current policy considers points balances if a members needs some SPG nights to reach a total of 750. If my situation doesn't meet the intended criteria, I expect that Marriott will make an exception and upgrade me to LTPP due to the comments by William and a couple of Marriott employees.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by rny321
I have faith that William was correct when he confirmed that combined nights and MR points counts...
My concern is not that William did not accurately relay what he was told. My concern is what he was told might not be the last word.

I do not know how long you have been an active Marriott member, but some of us remember when Marriott used to have an active presence on FT with an employee who regularly engaged. (Cannot remember her name or title, but she was terrific and was a very long time Marriott employee.) At the time Plats were privy to an online cert allowing a free weekend (FRI/SAT/SUN) when you did a paid stay the night before. This perk allowed me to stay in Chicago an extra night when I was there on Thurs for business. Others used the cert as a half priced weekend stay. The certs were transferable, reusable, popular and awesome. Suddenly, without notice, they were gone. The Marriott FT Rep told us this was for short time only. The certs would be back. IIRC we were told, or somehow knew, there had been some employee fraud involving the certs and they just needed to figure out how to have the certs without the fraud. Day after day, week after week and finally month after month the Marriott Rep told us the certs would return, until one day we got an angry post from her that Marriott had lied to her, what she told us was inaccurate and the certs would not be coming back. She apologized to us and was obviously very unhappy. She told us she was given wrong information. That ended her participation on this site and Insiders was created.

So we have been here before. Assume William is giving us the truth as he has been told but be ready to prove this should Marriott change the rules.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 2:33 pm

My concern is not that William did not accurately relay what he was told. My concern is what he was told might not be the last word.
That's my concern as well. Although the Loyalty department approved the language in William's original response, the answer could have changed since June 20.

My question:

The answer to B8 is clear to me. In order to satisfy the doubts of some others, would the following be an accurate representation of the question and answer?

"B8. Do Marriott members with 2MM uncombined lifetime MR points and with 750 combined lifetime MR nights and lifetime SPG nights qualify for LTPP?"

Answer: Yes.

William's answer:

The answer I posted to B8 contained a "Yes" at the beginning, so I'm struggling to understand why it wouldn't.

This was the answer to B8:

Yes. This is confirmed at marriott.members.com under the Benefits and Lifetime tab where it specifically states, “You can also qualify for Lifetime status via the existing criteria for Rewards and SPG through December 31, 2018.” Existing legacy criteria for earning Lifetime Platinum Premier in MR/RCR is 750 Lifetime nights + 2MM Lifetime points. Also, in August, when members combine Rewards and SPG accounts, their lifetime nights across both programs count toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program. To be included in at previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG, members will have until December 31, 2018, to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status.

Last edited by rny321; Dec 5, 2018 at 3:26 pm
Old Dec 5, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: *wood Plat, FB Plat
Question 5 nights away from lifetime plat (SPG - old requirements) - What should I do?

I am 5 nights away from becoming lifetime Platinum, however I don't have any business trip scheduled to help me reach that threshold (and just had a baby so travelling is not a great option
I can certainly do a mattress run but I'm based in LA, so I'm looking at a cost of around $450-500.

If I don't reach plat this year, I think I'll need two more years to reach the Marriott requirements (600 nights). Right now I'm at 523 total nights and if I don't think I can do 75 nights next year.

I feel like it worth it to us, especially when we travel as a family, but if you guys have any insights or better potential mattress run you can think of, I'd really appreciate. I feel like I am totally out of the loop with this merger!

Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

no cheap properties near LA?

if you have amex, check for marriott hotel brands cashback offers on the card
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
That's my concern as well. Although the Loyalty department approved the language in William's original response, the answer could have changed since June 20.

My question:

The answer to B8 is clear to me. In order to satisfy the doubts of some others, would the following be an accurate representation of the question and answer?

"B8. Do Marriott members with 2MM uncombined lifetime MR points and with 750 combined lifetime MR nights and lifetime SPG nights qualify for LTPP?"

Answer: Yes.

William's answer:

The answer I posted to B8 contained a "Yes" at the beginning, so I'm struggling to understand why it wouldn't.

This was the answer to B8:

Yes. This is confirmed at marriott.members.com under the Benefits and Lifetime tab where it specifically states, “You can also qualify for Lifetime status via the existing criteria for Rewards and SPG through December 31, 2018.” Existing legacy criteria for earning Lifetime Platinum Premier in MR/RCR is 750 Lifetime nights + 2MM Lifetime points. Also, in August, when members combine Rewards and SPG accounts, their lifetime nights across both programs count toward Lifetime Elite status in the new combined program. To be included in at previous thresholds for Rewards or SPG, members will have until December 31, 2018, to complete stays in order to achieve the Lifetime Elite status.
This was an issue that was discussed in the forum months ago. Ultimately William kinda flippantly posted he did not understand why so many people had a hard time understanding "Yes." I couldn't begin to remember which thread or the approximate date, but somewhere in this haystack of threads there is a needle of a post confirming what you want confirmed.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Lebadaud
I am 5 nights away from becoming lifetime Platinum, however I don't have any business trip scheduled to help me reach that threshold (and just had a baby so travelling is not a great option
I can certainly do a mattress run but I'm based in LA, so I'm looking at a cost of around $450-500.

If I don't reach plat this year, I think I'll need two more years to reach the Marriott requirements (600 nights). Right now I'm at 523 total nights and if I don't think I can do 75 nights next year.

I feel like it worth it to us, especially when we travel as a family, but if you guys have any insights or better potential mattress run you can think of, I'd really appreciate. I feel like I am totally out of the loop with this merger!

Thanks.
What status will you earn this year?
Old Dec 5, 2018, 4:30 pm

This was an issue that was discussed in the forum months ago. Ultimately William kinda flippantly posted he did not understand why so many people had a hard time understanding "Yes." I couldn't begin to remember which thread or the approximate date, but somewhere in this haystack of threads there is a needle of a post confirming what you want confirmed.
Page 166 on June 25.

FT
CJKatl likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
no cheap properties near LA?

if you have amex, check for marriott hotel brands cashback offers on the card
100USD/night is as low as one can find in California
I don't think I can stay at Marriott's properties if I want to qualify under the SPG requirements. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

What status will you earn this year?
Gold Elite
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by Lebadaud
100USD/night is as low as one can find in California
I don't think I can stay at Marriott's properties if I want to qualify under the SPG requirements. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Gold Elite
Correct.

Although it would depend on your planned hotel stays next year, my guess is the cost including taxes and fees for 5 nights near your home would exceed the value of qualifying 1 - 2 years early.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 5:57 pm

Hold on, I feel so stupid (but I have the excuse of short nights with a newborn). I had not combined my accounts yet (I never stay at Marriott), but I did status match the past couple of year and it looks like these status matched years are counting... so I'd be officially platinum!
Now my account shows 11 years as plat (but lifetime is not showing yet).
rny321 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 11:29 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I would be making a mattress run for this. You'll get back more than $500 if you continue to stay in these hotels for the rest of your life.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
My hotel must know more than me

My key card envelope this week
Old Dec 6, 2018, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I would be making a mattress run for this. You'll get back more than $500 if you continue to stay in these hotels for the rest of your life.
The poster you are responding to expected to reach LTP in the next two years. After getting some sleep, he realized that he had already qualified.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by etsmyers
My key card envelope this week
Sorry I don't see the point. Is this something mentioning about lifetime status? If you are PP, you should have got this envelope since August.
Or are you LTPP but not current PP Then yes the hotel knows the status well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.