Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Still having problems to see my correct Lifetime Platinum Years (Currently shown as only 1 but my status is already Lifetime Platinum which is totally ridiculous). Asking both sides from SPG and Marriott but both sides asked me to wait for a longer time...
Old Oct 27, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
The LTPP status on the 29 Ways to Stay game has been removed for me. As legacy LTP in Marriott, I should have been grandfathered into LTPP in August, but wasn't. The main site shows me as LTP. The status on that game actually showed me as LTPP for a while. But now the status on the game is consistent with my status on the rest of the Marriott website.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Does this mean that I am an LTPP?

I am a Marriott Platinum Premier with combined 13 years as PLAT and over 1,100 nights. Am expecting to be grand fathered in January 2019 based on my years as Plat + the nights. I noticed the following on my account so am wondering IF I have already been converted to LTPP!!
In the cut and paste below, the little chain next to the circle indicating 'lifetime' does not show up but does show on my account. Just don't know how to copy it....
Platinum Premier EliteMukesh

Old Oct 28, 2018, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by Retired FF
I am a Marriott Platinum Premier with combined 13 years as PLAT and over 1,100 nights. Am expecting to be grand fathered in January 2019 based on my years as Plat + the nights. I noticed the following on my account so am wondering IF I have already been converted to LTPP!!
In the cut and paste below, the little chain next to the circle indicating 'lifetime' does not show up but does show on my account. Just don't know how to copy it....
Platinum Premier EliteMukesh

That is probably the annual status that you have for 2018, not your lifetime status. If you look on the Overview page of the Marriott website, and scroll about half way down the page, it will say the word Lifetime beside your lifetime status.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 7:26 pm

Programs: Bonvoy-lifeime Titanium,Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jeanie
That is probably the annual status that you have for 2018, not your lifetime status. If you look on the Overview page of the Marriott website, and scroll about half way down the page, it will say the word Lifetime beside your lifetime status.
You are right, on Over view page, it says that I am LTP. At least I was happy for a while that they had already done the conversion and grandfathered me, I guess I will have to wait until January now...thanks,
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
LT nights in combined accounts

when combining accounts, the YTD nights shall be shown instantly in the combined account.
how about the lifetime nights and years?
any experiences?
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Kenji
when combining accounts, the YTD nights shall be shown instantly in the combined account.
how about the lifetime nights and years?
any experiences?
Yes, it did for me.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
Lifetime Platinum Status

(Sorry, I couldn't find this thread; can mod please move post to it?)

So I have the 10 years of status now after the merger but only 488 nights, so am disappointed to hear that I'll never have the opportunity to obtain Lifetime Platinum Premiere Elite (since I can't stay 750 nights in 50 days).

Question - I'll definitely hit lifetime 600 nights by late next year or early 2020; will Lifetime Platinums then only need to spend 25 nights in a Marriott property each subsequent year to get the Platinum Premiere Elite level for that year?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by rgrunnah

So I have the 10 years of status now after the merger but only 488 nights, so am disappointed to hear that I'll never have the opportunity to obtain Lifetime Platinum Premiere Elite (since I can't stay 750 nights in 50 days).

Question - I'll definitely hit lifetime 600 nights by late next year or early 2020; will Lifetime Platinums then only need to spend 25 nights in a Marriott property each subsequent year to get the Platinum Premiere Elite level for that year?
No. You have to spend the required nights for your desired tier each year, not just the difference. So you can get to the higher LT tiers without hitting them each and every year.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by rgrunnah

Before feeling too bad, remember that there is hardly any difference between Platinum and Platinum Premier.
So don't worry about it and enjoy.
kennycrudup likes this.

Last edited by DFWsakp; Nov 8, 2018 at 12:30 pm Reason: added quote
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, Marriott Titanium, DL Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by DFWsakp
Before feeling too bad, remember that there is hardly any difference between Platinum and Platinum Premier.
So don't worry about it and enjoy.
The United Airlines and Hertz benefits both apply to Lifetime Platinum Premier (but not Platinum), no? If so (and if you don't otherwise have status with UA), there's definitely a benefit to having Premier.
CCIE_Flyer likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by FlyerJ
The United Airlines and Hertz benefits both apply to Lifetime Platinum Premier (but not Platinum), no? If so (and if you don't otherwise have status with UA), there's definitely a benefit to having Premier.
I remain hopeful that the new program rolling out in Jan will fix the naming mess we currently all find ourselves in. Then, when the 75-night status (Grand Poobah or whatever) is something distinguishable, I’m hopeful it will become a meaningful difference once again in terms of recognition, front desk upgrades, etc. Also, program rules are always subject to change, and one day lounge access, just for example, might shift into a higher status only.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
I remain hopeful that the new program rolling out in Jan will fix the naming mess we currently all find ourselves in. Then, when the 75-night status (Grand Poobah or whatever) is something distinguishable, I’m hopeful it will become a meaningful difference once again in terms of recognition, front desk upgrades, etc. Also, program rules are always subject to change, and one day lounge access, just for example, might shift into a higher status only.
Marriott announced that the "New program name and brand go live" in "Early 2019."

Although folks here on FlyerTalk have interpreted "Early 2019" to mean January 2019, or even January 1, 2019, I wouldn't be surprised if turns out to be March or even April 2019.

Also, it's not a new program. Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and SPG are already "now one powerful program."

What we'll get next year is a "new program name and brand." Waiting until the dust settles to bestow a new name on the combined program was a good move, considering how much dust there has been.

The part about a new brand is more intriguing. Is it that just a brand for the loyalty program? If so, how is that brand different than the program name? Or is it a new brand for the entire portfolio of hotel brands?

I expect the Elite tier names will not change for the second time in less than a year. Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Platinum Premier Elite, and Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
RogerD408 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA MMGold, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat
Hit 250 nights in SPG hotels. Based on the legacy SPG rule, I will become life time gold when next round of account sweep happens in Jan, 2019 if understand correctly.
Question is how many more nights to achieve Lifetime Platinum Elite in the combined program going forward.

Probably the key question is will the program adjust the lifetime nights to 400 once a member achieved SPG Gold lifetime status based on the old requirement in the combined program?
Also how will the program treat the nights stayed at Marriott hotels (accounts not combined yet)? Will that be on top of the SPG nights (i.e. 400 nights based on requirement of SPG Gold lifetime status + additional nights from Marriott hotel stays?)

Thanks for those who already received the Lifetime status to share the experience.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by Horace
Marriott announced that the "New program name and brand go live" in "Early 2019."

Although folks here on FlyerTalk have interpreted "Early 2019" to mean January 2019, or even January 1, 2019, I wouldn't be surprised if turns out to be March or even April 2019.
I expect you are correct. I believe that one of the Marriott C-suite types mentioned Jan ‘19 in an interview, but nothing those folks say hold much water in my view.

Also, it's not a new program. Marriott Rewards, The Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and SPG are already "now one powerful program."

What we'll get next year is a "new program name and brand." Waiting until the dust settles to bestow a new name on the combined program was a good move, considering how much dust there has been.
If you’re suggesting that waiting so as to avoid taint was wise, I guess I can accept that.

The part about a new brand is more intriguing. Is it that just a brand for the loyalty program? If so, how is that brand different than the program name? Or is it a new brand for the entire portfolio of hotel brands?

I expect the Elite tier names will not change for the second time in less than a year. Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Platinum Premier Elite, and Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador are here to stay for the foreseeable future.
I hope you’re wrong about that given how often somebody posts that a hotel manager tells them “everyone’s a Plat now!” It was a stupid idea when Marriott first came up with it, and it was all the more so when they doubled down at the merge. Like I said, I remain hopefull - don’t think any of us knows for certain just now...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.