Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
she said the old rules were 600 nights?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:11 pm

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
Originally Posted by ceber
she said the old rules were 600 nights?
That's for old Lifetime Gold which is the new Lifetime Platinum. So you have already received your Lifetime Plat as a name change from your previous status.

To learn Lifetime Platinum Premier which maps to the old Lifetime Platinum you have to earn THAT legacy status with Marriott (750 nights and two million points) or for this year only earn 750 nights total between Marriott and Starwood and also ten years as a Platinum member

Very confusing but from what you have posted you are Lifetime Platinum now and forever as you wont have enough to get the upgrade to Lifetime Plat Premier and it's not available after this year.

Edit .. unless you have Starwood nights that qualify you under the new criteria... You do have the required ten years but still need 750 combined nights.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I interpret the rules like you and think I need the 750 and asked that question lots of times...........back to the drawing board to come up with my 40 nights, I have 2 Marriott and two starwood credit cards, not sure when those points post?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by tennisboy
I take it Delta counts as a legacy property?
Yes, Delta was part of the Marriott program prior to the merger of the loyalty programs. Stays/point earned there through 12/31/18 would count towards a member earning 2019 and/or lifetime status under the old Marriott Rewards thresholds.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by getagb

Anyone who is Marriott LTP under the legacy rules by the end of the year will be LTPP in January 2019.
To be clear, this is for anyone crossing the threshold for Marriott LTP under the previous rules after 8/18 and before the end of the year.

Anyone at LTP before 8/18 should be LTPP already.

Last edited by CPRich; Sep 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ceber
I just hung up the phone with Marriott Rewards. They told me if I am currently a lifetime platinum elite, that come Jan 2019, I will automatically become lifetime platinum premier?
Is this correct with what you experts think?

I have the ten years plat, 697 lifetime nights, and 2.5mil points
If you were already Lifetime Platinum Elite by meeting the MR criteria (before 8/18), then you should be Lifetime Platinum Premiere today.

But with 697 lifetime nights, you wouldn't have met the old Marriott Lifetime Platinum requirements. You would have been Lifetime Gold previously. That became "new" Platinum on 8/18

It's certainly not the case that previously earning (old) Lifetime Gold got you renamed as (new) Lifetime Platinum, which them qualifies you for Lifetime Platinum Premiere in January.

The agent seems to be conflating your current (new) LT PLT status with the pre-adjustment (old) LT PLT status.

Last edited by CPRich; Sep 6, 2018 at 11:06 pm
Old Sep 7, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Thanks.

And Ritz-Carltons? Do they count toward lifetime status if trying to receive 750 nights + 2M pts by end of the year?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 4:43 am

Originally Posted by Majuki
The following link no longer shows the old page for me to see lifetime points:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
That's been down since the change as far as I know. Further up in the topic someone had linked this one and it worked for me this morning:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/01/...ill-available/
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: Free agent
I can confirm what others have said, my reduction was exactly my number of SPG YTD Nights.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Lifetime Status in App

Hi All

Can anyone see the correct lifetime status in the app?

For me the app shows 414 nights + 9 years Platinum but 'next step: lifetime silver'.

Just wondering if I should contact them?

Cheers
Danile
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Duck1981
Hi All

Can anyone see the correct lifetime status in the app?

For me the app shows 414 nights + 9 years Platinum but 'next step: lifetime silver'.

Just wondering if I should contact them?

Cheers
Danile
I had the same problem. In my case, when I then merged accounts, it triggered a recalculation and corrected itself. If you have already merged or don't want to merge, then you should contact them.

FWIW, I had contacted them, twitter and email, before the merge corrected it. Twitter took 10 days to respond, by then it was fixed. Email replied in one day with this message: "After further reviewing your account, I do see where your account should have been upgraded. At this time, we are still reviewing account and ask that you allow us 5-10 business days to fix your status."

Good luck.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:26 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by mike1111
That's been down since the change as far as I know. Further up in the topic someone had linked this one and it worked for me this morning.
Hi mike1111,

You're right. I was confusing the two links. The link from the page you provided still works:

https://www.marriott.com/marriott-re...ts/platinum.mi

It looks as though points earned from the SPG AmEx - I had a statement recently post - do add to the lifetime totals. I don't know if that data point has been mentioned yet.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:15 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by tennisboy
Thanks.

And Ritz-Carltons? Do they count toward lifetime status if trying to receive 750 nights + 2M pts by end of the year?
Yes.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does yours show correctly on the web site?

I see no indication of LT status in the app, but the website has the infinity symbol showing lifetime.

The lifetime symbol didn't show on the web after combining aco....s, but I contacted SPG Lurker and he confirmed I was LT in the database. It appeared on the website a few hours later.

The app has so many issues with it that I'm not worried that LT status isn't showing correctly. If it shows on the web site, you shouldn't worry, IMHO.

And if you haven't combined accounts, what you see seems to be the result of a random status generator. Mine show LT on one side but not the other, then PLT on one and LT PP on the other. Combining and waiting a few hours sorted it out.

According to the app, I'm Platinum Premiere Elite, not Lifetime, but need a bunch of nights to get to Platinum Premiere Elite. The Marriott apps also tells me the because I logged in with my SPG account, I will see information about that account, even though I've combined accounts and only have one account. It tells me that with a popup every singe time I enter the app. Fortunately, all of my totals are the same in both apps.

Last edited by CPRich; Sep 7, 2018 at 10:42 am
Old Sep 7, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Thanks - did I hear that Ritz Carlton’s will count for two nights for lifetime night purposes? Trying to see if forgoing to breakfast benefit is worth it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.