Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I also lost combined nights; mine happen to equal my SPG year to date nights (which had NOT been double-counted in my lifetime total).
My doubling occured at the merge, so the new SPG account was off. Did you take screenshots of before, during, and after? Heaven only knows what else they mucked up.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by RogerD408
In my case my SPG LT nights were increased by exactly my SPG YTD nights. That was corrected last night.
Ditto
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I'm pretty sure if you drilled down on the data you will find the proof. In my case my SPG LT nights were increased by exactly my SPG YTD nights. That was corrected last night.

Yes, if your LT nights already put you over the top, then there is no concern. You've been around long enough to know if you scour the T&Cs you will see they have the right to make corrections at any time and that you do not own the account to begin with, but only have the right to use the benefits until they choose to take them away or close down the program whenever they want. Enjoy what you can as soon as you can because it might not be there tomorrow.
Upon reading this then going thru my account again, I do believe you guys are right.

It was the SPG nights YTD that were adjusted.

thanks all
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:04 pm

My doubling occured at the merge, so the new SPG account was off. Did you take screenshots of before, during, and after? Heaven only knows what else they mucked up.
You're right. I did take screenshots and just re-checked them: Turns out I was looking at one for SPG nights from before I combined my accounts, but after the 18th. It did have the total wrong (YTD plus LT showing as LT). I hadn't realized that the numbers had changed before I combined the accounts.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 3:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Sorry if this sounds like an amateurish question:

Do stays at legacy SPG properties (like St Regis) count toward by lifetime points and nights if I am trying to make Lifetime Plat under Marriott legacy requirements for 2018?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
No, they don't. Qualifying under the legacy program rules require activity at the legacy properties.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
I take it Delta counts as a legacy property?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
I am really confused, or maybe not?

I just hung up the phone with Marriott Rewards. They told me if I am currently a lifetime platinum elite, that come Jan 2019, I will automatically become lifetime platinum premier?
Is this correct with what you experts think?

I have the ten years plat, 697 lifetime nights, and 2.5mil points

I have been stressing thinking I needed to get to 750 nights, but the lady said no, I am already there
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by ceber
I just hung up the phone with Marriott Rewards. They told me if I am currently a lifetime platinum elite, that come Jan 2019, I will automatically become lifetime platinum premier?
Is this correct with what you experts think?

I have the ten years plat, 697 lifetime nights, and 2.5mil points

I have been stressing thinking I needed to get to 750 nights, but the lady said no, I am already there
MR LTP prior to Aug 18 will be automagically elevated to LTPP but that ship has sailed. You will need to attain 750 nights total.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:16 pm

Not sure the above was totally clear. I am currently life time plat, but in order to get life time plat elite, I still need the nights?
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dsquared37
MR LTP prior to Aug 18 will be automagically elevated to LTPP but that ship has sailed. You will need to attain 750 nights total.
Wrong. Anyone who is Marriott LTP under the legacy rules by the end of the year will be LTPP in January 2019.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by getagb

Wrong. Anyone who is Marriott LTP under the legacy rules by the end of the year will be LTPP in January 2019.
Correct: OP isn't LTP under legacy rules; not at 697 they aren't which is why I stated they'd need to hit 750 nights.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:25 pm

NOTE: Members who reach 750 nights and 10 years at Platinum by December 31, 2018, will be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status (notified January 2019). In addition, members that achieve Marriott Rewards Lifetime Platinum under the legacy requirements by year end will also be grandfathered into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status. And don’t forget that we’ll combine Lifetime activity across both Rewards and SPG toward qualification when members combine accounts. Beginning in 2019, qualification into Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite status will not be available. See FAQs for details.

I think she was referring to the above, so I am already lifetime plat by year end, so wouldn't that mean come 2019, "also grandfathered in"
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:27 pm

she said what ever gets you there first, the old rules or the new rules
Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ceber
she said what ever gets you there first, the old rules or the new rules
You have yet to qualify under legacy rules (750N + 2.0M pts) nor under the new rubric (750N + 10 yrs plat). You can still qualify under either but you'll need to hit the 750N combined SPG + MR threshold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.