Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old Aug 30, 2018, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by porciuscato
If I choose the elite night benefits for my 50 and 75 night benefit, do those nights count toward my lifetime night total?
With SPG, the answer was no.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:18 am

If I choose the elite night benefits for my 50 and 75 night benefit, do those nights count toward my lifetime night total?
With MR any night credit - however awarded - counted towards lifetime nights. Even rollover nights.
(Years ago point/certificate redemption nights wouldn't be awarded and thus didn't count towards the lifetime total).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
No. From the new terms & conditions section 4.3.c.vi.E.1:

E. Five Elite Night Credits

(1) Upon an eligible Platinum Elite Member selecting the Five Elite Night Credits as his/her Annual Choice Benefit, the Platinum Member will have his/her Member account credited with five (5) bonus Elite Nights which count toward earning Elite status only. These bonus Elite Nights do not count toward Lifetime status. Elite Nights and Elite membership status are subject to the Program Rules in section 4.2.b.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
getting to lifetime/what counts as pts

I am currently at 681 lifetime nights and 1.86M points. (and only 6 years at platinum).

If I get 750 nights and 2M points by 12/31, that roll me into Lifetime Premier Platinum for 2019 (since I would have qualified for Lifetime Plat by 2018), correct?

And what qualifies for lifetime points -- all points earned (incl. bonuses) at hotels, as well as Marriott Visa credit card spend?
Old Aug 31, 2018, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by tennisboy
And what qualifies for lifetime points -- all points earned (incl. bonuses) at hotels, as well as Marriott Visa credit card spend?
Points transferred or merged from SPG do not count.

I also seem trio recall Lurker saying that points earned from post-Aug-18 stays in legacy SPG brands won't count, check the thread in the SPG forum to verify.

Other than that, all points should count.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:16 am

I have save the chat history but then SPG rep confirming that merging accounts would allow SPG points to count towards Marriott lifetime status.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, United Premier Silver, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CzarZ
I have save the chat history but then SPG rep confirming that merging accounts would allow SPG points to count towards Marriott lifetime status.
What about SPG nights?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mciampa
What about SPG nights?
To know all this would require either a way to bring up a legacy Marriott lifetime status counter, or T&Cs that clearly spell this out. We seem to have neither at this point.

SPG nights count toward new status (which is years and lifetime nights), and that's easy to tell online, but the legacy Marriott lifetime info disappeared a day or two after Aug 18 (i twas temporarily visible after the changeover). Without that coming back, it's hard to know (through experiments) what counts and what doesn't.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sdsearch
To know all this would require either a way to bring up a legacy Marriott lifetime status counter, or T&Cs that clearly spell this out. We seem to have neither at this point.

SPG nights count toward new status (which is years and lifetime nights), and that's easy to tell online, but the legacy Marriott lifetime info disappeared a day or two after Aug 18 (i twas temporarily visible after the changeover). Without that coming back, it's hard to know (through experiments) what counts and what doesn't.
Reason #87 why this combination midyear was asinine

(btw I wonder if one calls Marriott, and can actually get through, if they would be able to find out about LT points generated...)
Old Sep 1, 2018, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
For those curious about their lifetime points totals post 8/18 - see this post and the linked discussion: https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/01/...ill-available/
Old Sep 2, 2018, 12:27 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by FindAWay
For those curious about their lifetime points totals post 8/18 - see this post and the linked discussion: https://loyaltylobby.com/2018/09/01/...ill-available/
Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by sdsearch

Since people can still earn annual status in both SPG and MR rewards this year, there should be a way to track nights in each program. Also, if combined nights don't count for either the SPG or MR grandfathered lifetime levels, then there would need to be a way to track SPG and MR nights separately. On the other hand, If combined nights count for lifetime status, then, except for 2018 stays, there is no need for a separate counter for each program .
Old Sep 2, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
It would be nice if there was a way to see detail around lifetime years (which years specifically). I submitted a case to see why mine are showing low but I figure it will be awhile before I hear anything back. No corrections yet.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd
It would be nice if there was a way to see detail around lifetime years (which years specifically). I submitted a case to see why mine are showing low but I figure it will be awhile before I hear anything back. No corrections yet.
I'm in the same boat; it's very frustrating. My count is significantly lower than I expected and I can't figure out a consistently applied set of rules that would explain mine.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 2:26 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by Ord Liza
I'm in the same boat; it's very frustrating. My count is significantly lower than I expected and I can't figure out a consistently applied set of rules that would explain mine.
The explanation is that "it's messed up".

If you are being denied benefits, then call in immediately, but if you're not, and this is just a matter of you expecting X and seeing Y, with no practical effect, just wait a bit, it will get corrected.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.