Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:29 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
The website shows me as Lifetime Titanium. The deleted, re-installed, Bonvoy mobile app on the iPhone shows me as have 0 years elite, proper number of nights with 5 years to go for LT Silver.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 6:53 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
Originally Posted by bonzaiflyer

Now I'm LT Titanium Elite. Woohoo? Now what can we expect? Is this the elite level where membership is capped, limited to only those who attained LT Platinum Premier by 12/31/18?
Where does LT get displayed or called out?
I haven't tried to follow the name changes until the app was updated.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
LT is the infinity symbol on the shoulder of the floating head graphic.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
My ltpp came over correctly as ltt and all the numbers are the same from before bonvoy
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: DL Silver, (used to be somebody here) Marriott Lifetime Titanium
My status LTT shows correctly on the website, but not on the mobile app. Infinity symbol on one, but not the other
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by bonzaiflyer

Now I'm LT Titanium Elite. Woohoo? Now what can we expect? Is this the elite level where membership is capped, limited to only those who attained LT Platinum Premier by 12/31/18?
Yes LTT is no longer attainable through current program. Highest status is LTP in new program. We are in exclusive club which has tons of members now
LTT (previously known LTPP) was based on combined 600+ nights and 10 years of combined platinum status. Some achieved before 12/31 solely due to either Marriott or SPG stays. Others achieved this status during January sweep based on combined status.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dealhunter999
Yes LTT is no longer attainable through current program. Highest status is LTP in new program. We are in exclusive club which has tons of members now
LTT (previously known LTPP) was based on combined 600+ nights and 10 years of combined platinum status. Some achieved before 12/31 solely due to either Marriott or SPG stays. Others achieved this status during January sweep based on combined status.
The numbers were 750 LT MR nights and 2M MR points (aka LTP in MR program) or 750 LT nights in either program or combined and 2M MR points or 10 years Plat status (or higher). Both prior to 12/31. Going forward there is no track to earn LTT status but those of us that have obtained that status should be expecting all Titanium benefits without having to do the annual earn. I expect Marriott may dole out LTT status sometime in the future or for exceptional situations.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yosithezet
The website shows me as Lifetime Titanium. The deleted, re-installed, Bonvoy mobile app on the iPhone shows me as have 0 years elite, proper number of nights with 5 years to go for LT Silver.
Originally Posted by tfred
My status LTT shows correctly on the website, but not on the mobile app. Infinity symbol on one, but not the other
At least LTT is available for those who earned it already. However:

A properly working Marriott Bonvoy app is not available to anyone, no matter what their status. A working Marriott app is not a benefit of Titanium status, whether annual or lifetime. (And don't bother shooting for higher: A working Marriott app is also not a benefit of Ambassador status.)

Last edited by sdsearch; Feb 13, 2019 at 5:48 pm
Old Feb 13, 2019, 5:52 pm

Now showing correctly.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist

Now showing correctly.
My mobile app is still showing 0 years elite, and 5 years to LT Silver. Website is correct showing Lifetime Titanium and with all the stats .
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
I have 9 years Platinum and over 600 nights ... have known that I need to get the 10th Platinum Elite year this year to get LP. But when I logged onto the new(?) Bonvoy site today, it shows my status as Platinum (correct, I got my 50 nights last year), but it also shows an infinity symbol with the same Platinum color as the ring. Does that mean I'm recognized as LP already?

BTW, I've only stayed 2 nights so far this year (both this week) and I have both Starwood and Marriott cards, but my nights still shows zero.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:33 pm

Assuming you are talking about the website, click on Overview and scroll down to see what LT status you hold.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
I have 9 years Platinum and over 600 nights ... have known that I need to get the 10th Platinum Elite year this year to get LP. But when I logged onto the new(?) Bonvoy site today, it shows my status as Platinum (correct, I got my 50 nights last year), but it also shows an infinity symbol with the same Platinum color as the ring. Does that mean I'm recognized as LP already?

BTW, I've only stayed 2 nights so far this year (both this week) and I have both Starwood and Marriott cards, but my nights still shows zero.
It sounds like you are lifetime plat and not lifetime titanium (not sure if we are using t-i-t for shorthand version of titanium!?).

Last edited by SacTownGuy; Feb 15, 2019 at 11:11 am Reason: small clarification
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
I checked the Bonvoy app and it shows 10 years Plat and Lifetime Plat status. Have never done 75 nights (and probably won't) so I assume Lifetime Titanium will never happen.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
I checked the Bonvoy app and it shows 10 years Plat and Lifetime Plat status. Have never done 75 nights (and probably won't) so I assume Lifetime Titanium will never happen.
With the merger in August, MR Golds became Platinum and all Gold years were counted as Plat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.