Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Reply

Old Feb 8, 19, 5:42 pm
  #571  
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BTR
Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Posts: 6,043
Those of you reporting having shown Lifetime status at a level while not actually having enough nights for said status may wish to check the website again. Sometime today my lifetime status (of any kind) has disappeared from the website. I still show as Lifetime Plat on the app.
controller1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 5:52 pm
  #572  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Programs: AA PRO / LT GLD, UA SLV, MR/Bonvoy LT Ti, IHG GLD, Hertz 5 Star
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
Those of you reporting having shown Lifetime status at a level while not actually having enough nights for said status may wish to check the website again. Sometime today my lifetime status (of any kind) has disappeared from the website. I still show as Lifetime Plat on the app.
Just checked it: still accurate. I used a different browser than usual so it's not a cache issue.
AAir_head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 5:55 pm
  #573  
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BTR
Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Posts: 6,043
Originally Posted by AAir_head View Post
Just checked it: still accurate. I used a different browser than usual so it's not a cache issue.
OK, but since you said it is accurate I assume you did not report that your number of nights are less than what is required for the lifetime status shown. Correct?
controller1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 5:59 pm
  #574  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Programs: AA PRO / LT GLD, UA SLV, MR/Bonvoy LT Ti, IHG GLD, Hertz 5 Star
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by controller1 View Post
OK, but since you said it is accurate I assume you did not report that your number of nights are less than what is required for the lifetime status shown. Correct?
​​​​​
correct. misread it.

cheers!
AAir_head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 6:14 pm
  #575  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: AA MM, AS MVP, MR Plat
Posts: 734
Do birthday elite nights count?

I'm missing one lifetime elite night and the phone agent verified that all 52 of my elite nights properly credited last year. The website, of course, didn't show this info and has displayed wrong, out-of-date info many times.
eethan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 19, 10:57 pm
  #576  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Hawaii & Texas
Programs: AA Plat 3MM+, 1 yr AA ExP, AMEX Cent, Delta Plat, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Posts: 841
Originally Posted by RogerD408 View Post
Only those that met requirements by the end of 2018 were grandfathered into LTPP.
So I got my Lifetime Platinum Elite today but not LTPP. Does that come later?
EXPLAT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 19, 4:01 am
  #577  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Programs: AA PRO / LT GLD, UA SLV, MR/Bonvoy LT Ti, IHG GLD, Hertz 5 Star
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by eethan View Post
I'm missing one lifetime elite night and the phone agent verified that all 52 of my elite nights properly credited last year. The website, of course, didn't show this info and has displayed wrong, out-of-date info many times.
Re your post title: yes, birthday elite nights count (at least they did under the old MR program).
AAir_head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 19, 4:05 am
  #578  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Washington DC Metro Area
Programs: AA PRO / LT GLD, UA SLV, MR/Bonvoy LT Ti, IHG GLD, Hertz 5 Star
Posts: 871
Originally Posted by EXPLAT View Post
So I got my Lifetime Platinum Elite today but not LTPP. Does that come later?
It does if you met the requirements for LTP with activity that occurred in 2018. If not, then no.
AAir_head is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 19, 12:15 pm
  #579  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Programs: AA MM, AS MVP, MR Plat
Posts: 734
It does seem that Marriott's lifetime balance failed to count one of my nights. - That night was manually credited to my 2018 elite nights total. I'm not going to hassle over this. - It's just incredible that the many times Marriott systems bug out, they end up screwing us rather than helping us. Statistically, it should be closer to 50/50.

Marriott's website used to show the number of years I was Plat. This info is no longer there.

Also, I see an infinite logo next to my generic avatar, and there is a gold ring around my avatar. Is there any other way I can verify that I do indeed have LT gold?
eethan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 19, 12:45 pm
  #580  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Programs: AA LTPlat; UA Plat; MR LTT
Posts: 980
Originally Posted by eethan View Post
Also, I see an infinite logo next to my generic avatar, and there is a gold ring around my avatar. Is there any other way I can verify that I do indeed have LT gold?
What color is the infinity symbol? That is supposed to represent your lifetime level. The ring around the avatar is your current level.
Ord Liza is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 19, 8:17 pm
  #581  
Marriott Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BTR
Programs: AA PlatPro 2.3MM; Marriott LT Plat; Hilton Gold; Vistana 5-Star Elite; National Car Exec Elite
Posts: 6,043
Originally Posted by eethan View Post

Marriott's website used to show the number of years I was Plat. This info is no longer there.
It is still there. After sign-in, click on your name in the upper right hand corner of the page. Click "Overview". Scroll down the page and between your current status and your activity you will see a statement "Your are Lifetime xxxxx". Click on the "VIEW DETAILS" at the right side of that Lifetime statement. It will take you to a page showing something similar to this:

RobOnLI and sdsearch like this.
controller1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 19, 11:05 pm
  #582  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Plat and 1MM, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hertz PC
Posts: 781
Originally Posted by Ord Liza View Post
What color is the infinity symbol? That is supposed to represent your lifetime level. The ring around the avatar is your current level.
Do LTP and LTPP have different colors?
naumank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 19, 5:43 am
  #583  
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Posts: 968
Originally Posted by naumank View Post


Do LTP and LTPP have different colors?
LTPP is titanium colored
bigshooter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 19, 6:25 am
  #584  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: South Florida
Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Posts: 11,265
Originally Posted by naumank View Post


Do LTP and LTPP have different colors?
Not that I can tell, grey is grey to me.
RogerD408 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 19, 6:38 am
  #585  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Programs: AA LTPlat; UA Plat; MR LTT
Posts: 980
Originally Posted by naumank View Post


Do LTP and LTPP have different colors?
I don't see a difference between LTP color and LTPP, but poster was asking about LTG.
Ord Liza is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread