Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:03 pm

Where you lifetime gold from SPG with 250 nights?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
Where you lifetime gold from SPG with 250 nights?
Nope! I only had one year with status from SPG, some years ago, and that was due to a status match.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:16 pm

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
I am in the same boat as you, but I qualified under the 2018 rules - with nights and total points
Old Feb 3, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Plenty of reports of this in other threads in this forum. Nobody seems to know what the deal is - or whether it will be lasting.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:11 am

I haven't seen mine update yet, but a number of bloggers are saying their "years" count finally updated.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Lifetime Status Changes with Bonvoy

Not sure if this was discussed, but just read this today. https://www.travelcodex.com/complete...vhyuvC7XOFv0jI

Lifetime Elite Status

Interestingly, Marriott Bonvoy will let you earn lifetime status in its three lowest tiers (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) but not with its two highest tiers (Titanium and Ambassador). I say this is interesting because most other programs only allow you to earn lifetime status with the highest tier.

Requirements for elite status include a mix of qualifying elite nights and years of status at that tier or higher. You may have met one of these requirements and not the other, but you must meet both to receive lifetime status.
  • Lifetime Silver Elite: 250 lifetime nights and 5 years Silver Elite status or higher
  • Lifetime Gold Elite: 400 lifetime nights and 7 years Gold Elite status or higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite: 600 lifetime nights and 10 years Platinum Elite status or higher
Because you cannot earn lifetime Titanium or Ambassador Elite status, even a lifetime Platinum Elite member will miss out on perks like a higher 75% bonus on points earned, a dedicated Ambassador, upgrades at The Ritz-Carlton, and Your24 check-in/check-out flexibility. Lifetime Platinum Elite members also do not receive the annual Choice Benefits unless they actually complete 50 elite nights that year (i.e., earn status the normal way).

Does this mean Lifetime Plat Premiers will be downgraded-after just being upgraded with the program merger? I will be Titanium on current stay patterns, but hadn't expected to lose those benefits if that changed based on Lifetime status I had earned.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker
Not sure if this was discussed, but just read this today. https://www.travelcodex.com/complete-guide-marriott-bonvoy/?utm_source=BoardingArea&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm _campaign=BA_Email_Feb0619&fbclid=IwAR299XFo-GDUcPQ-xa3dAlPbEuUlml4caMpDrrU044e6VvhyuvC7XOFv0jILifetime Elite Status

Interestingly, Marriott Bonvoy will let you earn lifetime status in its three lowest tiers (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) but not with its two highest tiers (Titanium and Ambassador). I say this is interesting because most other programs only allow you to earn lifetime status with the highest tier.

Requirements for elite status include a mix of qualifying elite nights and years of status at that tier or higher. You may have met one of these requirements and not the other, but you must meet both to receive lifetime status.
  • Lifetime Silver Elite: 250 lifetime nights and 5 years Silver Elite status or higher
  • Lifetime Gold Elite: 400 lifetime nights and 7 years Gold Elite status or higher
  • Lifetime Platinum Elite: 600 lifetime nights and 10 years Platinum Elite status or higher
Because you cannot earn lifetime Titanium or Ambassador Elite status, even a lifetime Platinum Elite member will miss out on perks like a higher 75% bonus on points earned, a dedicated Ambassador, upgrades at The Ritz-Carlton, and Your24 check-in/check-out flexibility. Lifetime Platinum Elite members also do not receive the annual Choice Benefits unless they actually complete 50 elite nights that year (i.e., earn status the normal way).

Does this mean Lifetime Plat Premiers will be downgraded-after just being upgraded with the program merger? I will be Titanium on current stay patterns, but hadn't expected to lose those benefits if that changed based on Lifetime status I had earned.
This is not new. Even with the current (new) program, you can not earn LTPP status. Only those that met requirements by the end of 2018 were grandfathered into LTPP. I don't see Ambassador as a tier, but more of a status/benefit within Platinum Premier just like 50 & 75 night choice. All three require active participation earning nights/$s each and every year.

Those of us that have gained LTPP do expect that to continue with Bonvoy (even if under a different name). Those that haven't do have the option to earn PP status each year to get the associated perks.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
You should have status for whatvere is higher -- what you earned for the current year or the lifetime status. There is no way you'd be capped at your lifetime level as that is your fallback status. In other words you would never drop below your lifetime level but could always earn via the published qualification levels a higher status.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by RogerD408
This is not new. Even with the current (new) program, you can not earn LTPP status. Only those that met requirements by the end of 2018 were grandfathered into LTPP. I don't see Ambassador as a tier, but more of a status/benefit within Platinum Premier just like 50 & 75 night choice. All three require active participation earning nights/$s each and every year.

Those of us that have gained LTPP do expect that to continue with Bonvoy (even if under a different name). Those that haven't do have the option to earn PP status each year to get the associated perks.
I was grandfathered into LTPP. That's really my question...what does that map to for Lifetime in Bonvoy?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by RogerD408

I was grandfathered into LTPP. That's really my question...what does that map to for Lifetime in Bonvoy?
Some are saying PP will become T (titanium) with Bonvoy, so expect LTPP to be LTT as a grandfathered tier and not earnable. At least until Marriott changes their mind.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
We are not being downgraded.

Back in April 2018, Marriott announced four lifetime elite tiers in the combined loyalty program, effective August 19, 2018: Lifetime Silver Elite, Lifetime Gold Elite, Lifetime Platinum Elite, and Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite.

The first three would have new, published requirements (compared to old Marriott Rewards or old SPG). The fourth would only be for those who would be grandfathered in — based on existing lifetime status or on lifetime status achieved it in 2018.

As far as lifetime status is concerned, the only thing that will change with the Marriott Bonvoy branding on February 13 is that Platinum Premier Elite will be renamed Titanium Elite — so Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite will be renamed Lifetime Titanium Elite.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Horace
As far as lifetime status is concerned, the only thing that will change with the Marriott Bonvoy branding on February 13 is that Platinum Premier Elite will be renamed Titanium Elite — so Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite will be renamed Lifetime Titanium Elite.
I hope you are right. This was my understanding as well. Will see on Feb 13.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*
Marriott has been pretty consistent in saying this is only a change in naming/branding. People aren’t dropping in lifetime status, nor are Titaniums gaining new perks as others have reported.

It wouldn’t make a lot of sense to announce the last date to achieve LTPP was 12/31/18 and then eliminate the level a month and a half later.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Those of you reporting having shown Lifetime status at a level while not actually having enough nights for said status may wish to check the website again. Sometime today my lifetime status (of any kind) has disappeared from the website. I still show as Lifetime Plat on the app.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by controller1
Those of you reporting having shown Lifetime status at a level while not actually having enough nights for said status may wish to check the website again. Sometime today my lifetime status (of any kind) has disappeared from the website. I still show as Lifetime Plat on the app.
Just checked it: still accurate. I used a different browser than usual so it's not a cache issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.