Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old Aug 21, 2022, 10:29 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by lsquare
Silver is essentially useless. I don't even know why Marriott even bothered.
It is the first step in the token economy addiction…I should know, I’m trying to detox.
lsquare likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:21 pm

Programs: United 1k, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador and LT-Gold
what I think is interesting about LT-Silver is that the status is typically much lower than anything that I have had in the past 10 years.... in part due to at least gold status from other sources.... even with the credit card (which I am tempted to sign-up for since it is free and 15 nights a year is nice for ????) it will probably been a very long long time before I get to the next milestone - and not sure if I want to look back years from now and reflect on how many nights I slept in a hotel (between this and HH status.....)
Old Aug 22, 2022, 8:13 am

For people in the US it might seem useless, since we have CCs that give us that status or better automatically. In other countries however, I could see this being extremely helpful for people who struggle to reach Silver every year, but want the limited perks it comes with. Its a nice gesture to reward loyalty for those who value it
Old Aug 22, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Lifetime Marriott Bonvy Silver Elite status is also useful for people who now seldom stay and do not want their points to expire for up to five years of inactivity.
DELee and nexus7556 like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Just hit lifetime gold with the last stay!!

===

With Platinum status from the new Brilliant card (AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]) LTP is more diluted.
Personally I sort of wish they had made it so that Platinum came with the spending requirement but I guess we can't change their mind.

I am probably going to stay with Amex Brilliant + Amex Business, I am at least at ~450nights and 8yr Platinum by EOY so should hit LTP by 2-3 years easily. I honestly might not even try for Titanium anymore as I will have Titanium until Feb 2024 at least and worst case have Platinum from Feb 2024 onwards...

If you're any further away than this I probably would not advise you to chase LT status and just keep the new Brilliant as long as it's available. Hilton Aspire launched Jan 2018 and is still going strong.
SPN Lifer and drod like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:10 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by gudugan

===

With Platinum status from the new Brilliant card (AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant Luxury Card [General Discussion Thread]) LTP is more diluted.
Personally I sort of wish they had made it so that Platinum came with the spending requirement but I guess we can't change their mind.

I am probably going to stay with Amex Brilliant + Amex Business, I am at least at ~450nights and 8yr Platinum by EOY so should hit LTP by 2-3 years easily. I honestly might not even try for Titanium anymore as I will have Titanium until Feb 2024 at least and worst case have Platinum from Feb 2024 onwards...

If you're any further away than this I probably would not advise you to chase LT status and just keep the new Brilliant as long as it's available. Hilton Aspire launched Jan 2018 and is still going strong.
Yeah it’s kind of ridiculous. I wish they offered a route to LT Titanium still. Otherwise LT Plat is essentially worthless (unless there’s a VIP score that’s invisible to you but ranks Platinums by whether they’re LT or credit card with zero accumulated spend).
Old Sep 22, 2022, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gudugan (Post # 2810)
Congratulations and welcome to the lifetime Marriott Bonvy Gold Elite rolls, my fellow member.

Please add yourself to the roster in the wiki of this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...roll-call.html
gudugan likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Plat
I have 9 plat years and 15 nights left this year to make it 10 and thus lifetime plat. I have the Amex Bonvoy Brilliant card which is giving me plat anyway now (great, I guess, seems anticlimactic). Do I need to get these 15 nights done or will my Plat status conferred by the card get me my 10th year?

EDITED: duh didn’t think to look, I got the 10!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Very clever of Marriott to crush the importance / value of LT Platinum.

Give it a couple of years for Marriott to recognise the error and we might see LT Titanium returning as a target...
SPN Lifer, drod, samosa and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Give it a couple of years for Marriott to recognise the error and we might see LT Titanium returning as a target...
I doubt it. Now that anyone can get Plat without stepping foot in a hotel, Marriott can just have us work to qualify for Titanium every year. If they give it away through LT status we won't have to stay loyal year after year.
samosa likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
They will just re-open LT Titanium with 10+ years and 1000+ nights and then devalue Platinum that is now free with a CC. Ambassador will be the new Titanium and Cobalt will become the old Ambassador
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We hope.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by cfischer
They will just re-open LT Titanium with 10+ years and 1000+ nights and then devalue Platinum that is now free with a CC. Ambassador will be the new Titanium and Cobalt will become the old Ambassador
The technology doesn't exist to track the # of years someone has been Titanium.
Old Sep 22, 2022, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by gudugan
The technology doesn't exist to track the # of years someone has been Titanium.
Even the crappy Marriott IT has it . They still track LT points earned … yet they don’t show it anymore
Old Sep 22, 2022, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yeah it’s kind of ridiculous. I wish they offered a route to LT Titanium still. Otherwise LT Plat is essentially worthless (unless there’s a VIP score that’s invisible to you but ranks Platinums by whether they’re LT or credit card with zero accumulated spend).
Be careful what you wish for.

Are you so sure that a LT Plat would be ranked above a credit card Plat? I'm not, in fact I'd expect the opposite. The credit card Plat is putting $695 new money into the ecosystem each year, while the LT Plat may not be spending any new money. Bonvoy has already tilted towards current spenders vs lifetime achievers with the milestone awards for 50 and 75 nights, that aren't given to lifetime status holders who don't reach those annual levels.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.