Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2022, 5:52 am

I am confused - I thought marriott IT was infallible and we were just noise around the edges?
renila, X-ON, UA-NYC and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 6, 2022, 2:52 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
hey need some help on how and when platinum years are counted for lifetime status. I am currently titanium member and my lifetime platinum years counter is at 8. Does that mean I only have to requalify for platinum this year (i.e. only achieve the 50+ nights this year) to achieve lifetime platinum as I get 1 Platinum year in Jan/Feb 2023 (for the 2022 titanium period) and another one in Jan/Feb 2024 (for the 2023 platinum period if i requalify)? I have already passed the required 600 nights long time ago
Old Feb 6, 2022, 5:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by roc83
hey need some help on how and when platinum years are counted for lifetime status. I am currently titanium member and my lifetime platinum years counter is at 8. Does that mean I only have to requalify for platinum this year (i.e. only achieve the 50+ nights this year) to achieve lifetime platinum as I get 1 Platinum year in Jan/Feb 2023 (for the 2022 titanium period) and another one in Jan/Feb 2024 (for the 2023 platinum period if i requalify)? I have already passed the required 600 nights long time ago
Yes, it will count as Platinum or above for 2 years (ie 2022 and 2023)

see 4.2.e of the T&Cs
where "For example, if a Member meets the Gold Elite Minimum Requirement during the 2022 Eligible Status Year by earning twenty-five (25) Eligible Nights and becomes a Gold Elite Member for the remainder of 2022 and for all of 2023, 2022 and 2023 will each count as separate Eligible Status Years."
Old Feb 6, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Yes, it will count as Platinum or above for 2 years (ie 2022 and 2023)

see 4.2.e of the T&Cs
where "For example, if a Member meets the Gold Elite Minimum Requirement during the 2022 Eligible Status Year by earning twenty-five (25) Eligible Nights and becomes a Gold Elite Member for the remainder of 2022 and for all of 2023, 2022 and 2023 will each count as separate Eligible Status Years."

Intresting,

So if I had 85 nights in 2021 I became titanium and received one LT year and set to 9. So by that logic I will become LTP in 2023 without any addittional nights? I had assumed I need to hit 50 this year
Old Feb 7, 2022, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer (Post # 2691)
Reinstating or promulgating new qualification requirements for Marriott Bonv°y Titanium Elite lifetime status would certainly give many people a renewed incentive for numerous stays.
Originally Posted by dayone (Post # 2697)
Qualification for Lifetime Titanium is not coming back.
Originally Posted by X-ON (Post # 2699)
You are probably right... Since the levels are so similar it is probable they get merged at one point.... and Titanium cease to exist....
The more Marriott Bonv°y guests complain about the lack of higher lifetime status for which to Aspire , and then vote with their dollars to attain such higher status elsewhere, the greater likelihood that competitive pressures will force Marriott to reconsider.

Sitting on the cusp of lifetime Platinum, which should come automatically next January with my 30 credit card nights, I have already shifted my EQN earning to help Mrs. Saipan Lifer join me from lifetime Marriott Bonv°y Silver Elite.

But if they don't reinstate lifetime Titanium by the time she makes it, I will definitely target lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond status.

As we said at the Naval Academy, "Fight her 'til she sinks, and don't give up the ship!“ (quoting Captain James Lawrence of the USS Chesapeake, as he was mortally wounded, in his losing fight with the HMS Shannon).
X-ON likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
But if they don't reinstate lifetime Titanium by the time she makes it, I will definitely target lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond status.
As long as the Aspire card still exists I don’t see any point in going for Hilton Lifetime Diamond. No incremental benefits for lifetime. Might as well focus on Hyatt (though the spend requirement is daunting).
Old Feb 7, 2022, 7:56 am
Suspended

Seems awfully coincidental how so many of us are stuck at 9 years. I've been stuck at 9 since 2019, despite being platinum since and hitting titanium last year didn't help move me to 10 either. Luckily I'm not at 600 nights yet, I just hope they have this straightened out by that point in time, I'm in the midst of a 28 business days investigation while they review the details of my history to see if I should be at 10 years, of course it should be 12 but who's counting?
SPN Lifer, yule_boy and ftrichard like this.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by gudugan
As long as the Aspire card still exists I don’t see any point in going for Hilton Lifetime Diamond. No incremental benefits for lifetime. Might as well focus on Hyatt (though the spend requirement is daunting).
I agree, though with my stay history, at my income and age (will be eligible for Hilton senior discount by year-end), the former is more attainable.
Old Feb 12, 2022, 9:42 pm

Another fail here. I’m a lifetime platinum for 9 years (have been by Marriott count since 2020). And by status have been extended for Titanium.

Last year I hit 50 nights in December and am stuck at 9 years this year. Marriott help line hasn’t been helpful (“it should update sometime this month”).

Maybe it’s one of those wait till 2023 situations given I missed the Nov 2021 cut off. Which makes no sense.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by fishyflyer
Another fail here. I’m a lifetime platinum for 9 years (have been by Marriott count since 2020). And by status have been extended for Titanium.

Last year I hit 50 nights in December and am stuck at 9 years this year. Marriott help line hasn’t been helpful (“it should update sometime this month”).

Maybe it’s one of those wait till 2023 situations given I missed the Nov 2021 cut off. Which makes no sense.
What makes no sense is that the increment we got in November was not related to the 50 nights you ultimately achieved in 2021 because we all got another year extension and you say your status is Titanium. Marriott's own statement on the matter is clear on this. It's still there on the web site. So if you were Titanium through 2021 and have been extended through 2022 then you should have got the increment in December 2021 with the rest of us irrespective of the actual night count you had on your account by end December 2021.
Old Feb 13, 2022, 4:09 am

Yup that’s right. Have been a Titanium member for the past 5 years.

In 2020, I didn’t meet my required nights due to COVID restrictions on travel but was extended automatically. I was told that was why I didn’t get a year added to my lifetime count.

In 2021, I did hit the 50 nights for platinum and was extended Titanium per the policy. But no news on the lifetime front and customer service informed me to wait for an update.

This lack of clarity is super frustrating.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 5:23 am

I'm also kind of confused. I earned Platinum status in every year from 2014 through 2021 inclusive (so 8 'earned' years). My counter ticked up to 8 last year.

I would expect it to have incremented to 9 at some point this month, given that my Platinum status was extended last year. But it hasn't.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:50 pm

Anyone get lifetime status updated? I thought it was supposed to be done at the end of Feb? Mine hasn't changed anything.
Old Mar 21, 2022, 9:21 am

Lifetime year missing

I am one of those members, who never had their lifetime year for 2020 credited. I had numerous email exchanges with Marriott, and have been told that their technical team thoroughly investigated my account and they found that everything is correct. And they wrote to me about transparency and fairness regarding all members, which just makes me angry. I don't think that a tech team is needed to look at the screenshots of my account, which I sent several times and see that in April 2020 I had 6 lifetime platinum years, nothing was credited in July 2020, got 1 credited in November 2021, and now almost 2 years later, I only have 7 lifetime years, versus the 8 I should have. I have come to accept that Marriott won't credit the missing 2020 year anymore, if because they are technically unable or they just don't care - who knows. But what makes me angry is that they keep telling me (and the rest of you, who are in the same situation) that everything is correct and I find it quite insulting that they just ignore the screenshots and questions and basically tell me I can't count - since according to them everything is correct. How is that transparent and fair?
So anyway, does anybody have an email address (or several) of someone "higher up" at Marriott. I want to send a complaint to someone (mainly about how the situation is handled by their customer service) who will not just reply with the standard "thank you, we value your loyalty" blabla and then basically tell me to get lost.
SPN Lifer and High Technology like this.
Old Mar 22, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by doraexplora
I am one of those members, who never had their lifetime year for 2020 credited. I had numerous email exchanges with Marriott, and have been told that their technical team thoroughly investigated my account and they found that everything is correct. And they wrote to me about transparency and fairness regarding all members, which just makes me angry. I don't think that a tech team is needed to look at the screenshots of my account, which I sent several times and see that in April 2020 I had 6 lifetime platinum years, nothing was credited in July 2020, got 1 credited in November 2021, and now almost 2 years later, I only have 7 lifetime years, versus the 8 I should have. I have come to accept that Marriott won't credit the missing 2020 year anymore, if because they are technically unable or they just don't care - who knows. But what makes me angry is that they keep telling me (and the rest of you, who are in the same situation) that everything is correct and I find it quite insulting that they just ignore the screenshots and questions and basically tell me I can't count - since according to them everything is correct. How is that transparent and fair?
So anyway, does anybody have an email address (or several) of someone "higher up" at Marriott. I want to send a complaint to someone (mainly about how the situation is handled by their customer service) who will not just reply with the standard "thank you, we value your loyalty" blabla and then basically tell me to get lost.
This is exactly what happened to me. I was at 9 years in 2019, never got the 2020 imputed year, went round-and-round with them in 2020 and they told me they credited it. I even provided a screenshot showing 9 years on the morning they announced the additional year would be crediting in the near future, and that it was still 9 years well after it posted (that's all in this thread somewhere likely findable by clicking my username). In 2021 I requalified again (in large part thanks to the 50% imputed nights) and I was finally credited with my 10th year. Like you, I never got the 2020 year posted, and all I got was frustration and irritation from wasting my time.
samosa likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.