Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 20, 22, 12:00 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: gudugan
Wiki Link
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Old Dec 11, 21, 10:48 am

Programs: Aeroplan 25K, Marriott Plat
Halfway there. 310 nights and now 5 years. I'm pretty sure I was stuck at 4 years since 2019. I know I was Plat for 2017, lost it in Feb 2018, then regained it with a status challenge in 2019, but I don't know how many previous years due to past history being sent to work email address that I no longer have access to. And I didn't really track status or care much back then since all my work travels are to small towns where the hotels have free breakfast for everyone. If I can get Plat 5 more times at the same time I get the next 290 nights, then it's a moot point anyway so I won't need to worry about potential missing years.
SPN Lifer and samosa like this.
Old Dec 11, 21, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM 4.6 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium
On a related note. Maybe not a big deal for some of you but a big deal for me. Mostly done the hard way (not many CC nights). Next Monday night 10 years in Marriott's 3650 nights . So a question should I expect anything? I do know my ambassador said she would try.
Old Dec 11, 21, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by hnewman View Post
On a related note. Maybe not a big deal for some of you but a big deal for me. Mostly done the hard way (not many CC nights). Next Monday night 10 years in Marriott's 3650 nights . So a question should I expect anything? I do know my ambassador said she would try.
I assume you will have LT Plat since you’re in the LT thread. Hopefully, you chose your property wisely to celebrate this momentous occasion. You can’t expect the hotels to look into the history of all their Elite guests, but if you or your Ambassador let them know, they might do something special.

I chose St Regis Florence to celebrate and it was amazing how much they went out of their way to make me feel special. Of course, I let them know that it was a special occasion. (I was an Ambassador back then, but my Ambassador had no idea that I had crossed the threshold.) Here are a few pics.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28227840-post110.html
SPN Lifer, dcmike, samosa and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 11, 21, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
I assume you will have LT Plat since you’re in the LT thread. Hopefully, you chose your property wisely to celebrate this momentous occasion. You can’t expect the hotels to look into the history of all their Elite guests, but if you or your Ambassador let them know, they might do something special.

I chose St Regis Florence to celebrate and it was amazing how much they went out of their way to make me feel special. Of course, I let them know that it was a special occasion. (I was an Ambassador back then, but my Ambassador had no idea that I had crossed the threshold.) Here are a few pics.

I have LT already got that at the merger. I really could not go above the Marriott Marina Del Rey, long story but I was gifted it. I have business trips before it and then after between the holidays. Best I could do.THanks for the pictures. I never have stayed that upscale.
samosa likes this.
Old Dec 11, 21, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I have LT already got that at the merger. I really could not go above the Marriott Marina Del Rey, long story but I was gifted it. I have business trips before it and then after between the holidays. Best I could do.THanks for the pictures. I never have stayed that upscale.
Ah, gotcha. I didnt understand the 3650 nights. Now I get it. Thats incredible. Congratulations! Sure hope they do something special for you.
Old Dec 11, 21, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well, from all us FlyerTalkers, congratulations at 10 years and 3650 nights at Marriott properties (or are all those 3650 nights only 1 property?)!

All one can do is a) ask one's Ambassador to pave the way and b) get in touch with the property to tell them yourself. But unless the property is one known for its care and feeding of elites as suggested by margarita girl , c) I'd not expect a whole heck of a lot.

Good luck!

David
Old Dec 12, 21, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by DELee View Post
Well, from all us FlyerTalkers, congratulations at 10 years and 3650 nights at Marriott properties (or are all those 3650 nights only 1 property?)!

All one can do is a) ask one's Ambassador to pave the way and b) get in touch with the property to tell them yourself. But unless the property is one known for its care and feeding of elites as suggested by margarita girl , c) I'd not expect a whole heck of a lot.

Good luck!

David
Thank you DELee. Lots and lots of properties though I have my go to places generally near where I have to work.
Old Dec 13, 21, 11:41 am

Unexpected update when I logged into the app just now. I didn't get an email or any other indication beyond the confetti but it was a pleasant surprise. I'd been sitting on 9 yrs and 600+ nights since... 2019 I think?

Edit: sorry for the huge image. I thought I got it smaller but evidently not as much as I'd hoped.

Last edited by TimesTwo; Dec 13, 21 at 5:33 pm
Old Dec 18, 21, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by dart330 View Post
Just to add a data point, I have been stuck at 8 years LTP as well. Keep checking back on this thread with hopes it will update, no luck yet. Going to hit Titanium in December to see if that moves the counter forward as others have reported. Definitely been frustrating since they keep claiming to fix the problem again and again. Will report back if it does eventually get updated.
Originally Posted by dart330 View Post
Mine moved overnight from 8 to 9 which is finally correct. 2021 should make my 10th year Platinum if the counter keeps working.
I hit Titanium this week and the counter did not move. It is very confusing they keep changing the time of year they are updating the counter. Hopefully I will get my 10th year credited sometime in 2022.
Old Dec 20, 21, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl View Post
I assume you will have LT Plat since youre in the LT thread. Hopefully, you chose your property wisely to celebrate this momentous occasion. You cant expect the hotels to look into the history of all their Elite guests, but if you or your Ambassador let them know, they might do something special.

"I'm feeling the love Starwood! ^^^" ( from your original post ) sums it all up ! A wonderful way to enjoy a great city
margarita girl likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 3:33 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, MB Titanium, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Just achieved Lifetime Platinum status. Nice way to start 2022!
Old Jan 1, 22, 3:38 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
One more data point, got an additional Platinum+ year added even though I am already LTP. I suppose this is the extension year added to the count.
SPN Lifer and samosa like this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 7:27 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, Delta Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Im still missing one year in the lifetime platinum count ... whats the best way to get it corrected ?
Old Jan 1, 22, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Titanium (LT GLD), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
No changes *yet* to my LTP years from Dec 31 to Jan 1. But CC nights moved the counter.

likewise app was at 0 for a while while the desktop was correct and the 2021 spend hasnt reset.

all reminds me of last year. Hope to see this lifetime counter finally move soon but for some reason doubt it will. Maybe after I get these next 20 nights in? Ha
samosa likes this.
Old Jan 1, 22, 9:24 am

Programs: AA PLT, Marriott Titanium (LT GLD), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
Originally Posted by Gringuito View Post
Im still missing one year in the lifetime platinum count ... whats the best way to get it corrected ?
think we just have to wait.

better question: has ANYONE seen their LTP YEARS increase yet since Dec 2021 (Who isnt already LTP)

Search this Thread