Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:02 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
I am one of the lucky ones that recently got a year added. Ironically for me it mattered very little since I am already LTP . The MAR CSR confirmed that this was the 2020 comped year... funny I thought that LTPs/LTTs did not get any year added to their count but this seem to been an exception ...
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by MarrSWAA
The reps have now given me several different answers, very little empathy and a lot of confusion. Not much I can do I suppose.

What I don't fully understand is that I've done nothing wrong, I'm quite literally just trying to get to the bottom of what is a clear glitch on the Marriott side but yet the way I get treated is that I'm annoying them.
Sorry about that, but I think it's the cumulative effect of all of us asking them for the same fix that you are requesting. They're tired of being inundated with our emails looking for a fair resolution. Unfortunately, rather than systemically fixing the problem, they just get more annoyed at us.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by X-ON
I am one of the lucky ones that recently got a year added. Ironically for me it mattered very little since I am already LTP . The MAR CSR confirmed that this was the 2020 comped year... funny I thought that LTPs/LTTs did not get any year added to their count but this seem to been an exception ...
Right - I don't think I've seen a report of a single person get their correct lifetime Platinum years who actually needed the years. When that email went out telling us all that they've fixed the problem! it was basically useless changes for all of us.
samosa and Kaloz like this.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 10:29 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Ironically, at the Marriott Moxy in Chattanooga was this sign: I just called momma and asked if the offer to slap me into next year was still on the table.

Other than reading this Chattanooga Choo Choo of a train wreck thread, Im just letting Marriott slap me into 2022 and waiting till June to match when my 9th year showed in 2020. Maybe Ill call in July 2022 if not resolved organically.

Off topic, this was my first ever Moxy stay and I liked it, certainly better than a generic Hampton, although the target audience was half my age, hell maybe one-third. Continuing off topic, the higher end Bonvoy properties in Nashville are so much more interesting and the breakfasts so seamless compared to Hilton, its hard to drop kick Marriott over this serious back office fumble. And while not a Hyatt guy, I dont see how the obviously newer Nashville Grand Hyatt compares with the Noelle or Union Station, but I have a bit of a passion for historic properties so YMMV.
Old Aug 24, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Gold), Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by Jailer
Off topic, this was my first ever Moxy stay and I liked it, certainly better than a generic Hampton, although the target audience was half my age, hell maybe one-third. Continuing off topic, the higher end Bonvoy properties in Nashville are so much more interesting and the breakfasts so seamless compared to Hilton, it’s hard to drop kick Marriott over this serious back office fumble. And while not a Hyatt guy, I don’t see how the obviously newer Nashville Grand Hyatt compares with the Noelle or Union Station, but I have a bit of a passion for historic properties so YMMV.
Moxy is basically a high end hostel with private rooms. I think of it as a budget version of the W, it's not that dissimilar of an aesthetic. Personally I enjoy both.

Agree that Hiltons are boring... I never find a reason to stay at a Hilton over Marriott to be honest except their flagship properties like WA.
Jailer and samosa like this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
That's the unexplainable part of this whole situation.

Marriott representatives, can you explain why earning Titanium status increases lifetime Platinum years, but earning Platinum status alone does not increase Platinum years?
Reached the titanium tier in 2020 but the platinum and gold credit didn't get applied still. It wasn't the case for many of you?
Old Aug 25, 2021, 12:39 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Right - I don't think I've seen a report of a single person get their correct lifetime Platinum years who actually needed the years. When that email went out telling us all that they've fixed the problem! it was basically useless changes for all of us.
I recently contacted MR CS and was told that they would have this fixed in Sept this year. We'll see.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by anyuser
I am stuck on 7 years total with no increment in 2021. I am still emailing but getting nowhere.
Originally Posted by MarrSWAA
I've done nothing wrong, I'm quite literally just trying to get to the bottom of what is a clear glitch on the Marriott side but yet the way I get treated is that I'm annoying them.
Sorry about that, but I think it's the cumulative effect of all of us asking them for the same fix that you are requesting. They're tired of being inundated with our emails looking for a fair resolution. Unfortunately, rather than systemically fixing the problem, they just get more annoyed at us.
Originally Posted by Jailer
Im just letting Marriott slap me into 2022 and waiting till June to match when my 9th year showed in 2020. Maybe Ill call in July 2022 if not resolved organically.

. . . its hard to drop kick Marriott over this serious back office fumble.
Originally Posted by rbAA
I recently contacted MR CS and was told that they would have this fixed in Sept this year. We'll see.
We've been Bonvyed for years!

I'll believe it when I see it.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by RemoteWorker
Reached the titanium tier in 2020 but the platinum and gold credit didn't get applied still. It wasn't the case for many of you?
The data points in this thread where people hit Titanium and got a year of Platinum credit had two things in common that we know of:

1 - They hit Titanium in 2021

2 - They did NOT hit Titanium in 2020

I should be a similar data point any day now.
samosa likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Now we can say it's official, received this from the ambassador team:

For your information, as part of our regular process, the 2021 qualifying year will be applied to your account in one of two ways: 1) If you maintain the same Elite level for 2021 that you started the year with, your 2021 year of Elite status will be applied to your account in January 2022 or 2) If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2021 than you started the year with, your 2021 year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by Kaloz
Now we can say it's official, received this from the ambassador team:
But no explanation for why they have that bizarre behavior. At least they finally acknowledge it.

Anyway, I hit Titanium, so I got my missing year of Platinum, naturally. Since that makes sense.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Da Amb, Hyatt Glob
But no explanation for why they have that bizarre behavior. At least they finally acknowledge it.

Anyway, I hit Titanium, so I got my missing year of Platinum, naturally. Since that makes sense.
I believe its a bug that they are trying to spin into a feature.
uanj, ftrichard, Kaloz and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:29 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
It's now documented so it is a feature by definition.

--Jon
uanj and samosa like this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 8:56 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
Hmm interesting that MAR finally acknowledge that the system is not implemented correctly ... Since I maintained my elite level during 2020 visa vi my LTP (and not through the comped year) and I got my year awarded in the mid 2021 sweep I guess there is a 3rd category .
Old Aug 26, 2021, 12:25 pm

It is what it is.
josephstern, UA-NYC and WasKnown like this.

Last edited by MarrSWAA; Aug 26, 2021 at 4:54 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.