Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: goldenbear
For convenience every day. link to play: https://29ways.marriott.com/

Can now win more than once.

If interested in other free travel sweeps (not confined to MAR), visit the Flyertalk Free Travel Contests & Sweeps forum
Print Wikipost

Post Your Instant WIN - 29 Ways To Stay

Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:29 am

Hmm... Ok now that I am the proud owner of a 4 night Ren stay, I looked at the TOC. It seems that I get a 4 night certificate for up to 60,000 points a night.

I wonder if we can use them at any brand as long as it’s under the 60k. It seems in the details that they put a value depending on the certificate. So I was looking and if I book far enough in advance I can get some pretty nice hotels in Europe for 60k a night. Even my cat 7 Rome vacation is less than that.

I was thinking about trying to get the points instead but 4 nights is a perfect vacation for my 9 year old son and I to leave the US. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth (whatever that means), but it will be awesome if I’m not limited to REN properties.

Thoughts?
LapLap likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:34 am

I won an error page today.
@NJKen
I don't think anyone will know exactly what you will be getting until they start actually giving out the winnings.
MarkP24 and NJKen like this.

Last edited by Shimon; Oct 23, 2018 at 11:41 am
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:00 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Marriott Rewards, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I got 1k points today! Takes me up to 1,150 total from this promo.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
50 pts for all the accounts I manage for my family but I also have two sweepstakes entries.. Exciting.....
MarkP24 likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
50 pts for all the accounts I manage for my family but I also have two sweepstakes entries.. Exciting.....
Don't spend it all in one place!
Old Oct 23, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1.5MM (several years running now!), Marriott LTTE, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by NJKen
Not looking a gift horse in the mouth (whatever that means)
Imagine that back in the day when horses were a really, really big deal to most everyone, and you gave one of yours as a gift to someone (wedding present or whatever). And they immediately started checking its teeth (looking it in the mouth) to see just how old/healthy/valuable the gift horse really was. Pretty ungrateful, no?

Congrats, btw!
kennycrudup, strickerj and NJKen like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 6:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hmm... Ok now that I am the proud owner of a 4 night Ren stay, I looked at the TOC. It seems that I get a 4 night certificate for up to 60,000 points a night.

I wonder if we can use them at any brand as long as it’s under the 60k. It seems in the details that they put a value depending on the certificate. So I was looking and if I book far enough in advance I can get some pretty nice hotels in Europe for 60k a night. Even my cat 7 Rome vacation is less than that.

I was thinking about trying to get the points instead but 4 nights is a perfect vacation for my 9 year old son and I to leave the US. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth (whatever that means), but it will be awesome if I’m not limited to REN properties.

Thoughts?
AFAIK they're just dumping the points into your account & not actually requiring a stay at the particular brand. BTW - you'll be paying taxes on your points as 60K/night x 4 is above the $600 1099 threshold.

Cheers.
NJKen likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
AFAIK they're just dumping the points into your account & not actually requiring a stay at the particular brand. BTW - you'll be paying taxes on your points as 60K/night x 4 is above the $600 1099 threshold.

Cheers.
Ouch on the tax liability...
NJKen and secretalcoholic like this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 11:43 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Only win so far apart from 50 points and an entry, I won 2k points today!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:34 am

Cheers.

Tax should be around $330 for that winning! Still worth paying for getting 4 free nights! Better find a hotel that is normally 200-300 a night to make it worth your while! You can refuse to accept it if you don't want to pay the tax!
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:17 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
AFAIK they're just dumping the points into your account & not actually requiring a stay at the particular brand.
Is this an educated guess, based on what we've seen in similar promotions, or have you read something that implies Marriott is going to do things this way?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:30 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
A grand total of 2 x 50 points won by me so far. Every little helps towards a week-long stay at the St Regis Bora Bora...
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:06 am

Day 1 - 50 points
Day 2-8 - competition entries
Day 9 - error message
Day 10 - 50 points
Day 11 - 50 points
Day 12 - 50 points
Day 13 - 50 points
Day 14 - 50 points
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by IMH
The confirmation email followed last night. The prize is valid for the Westin brand, i.e. the brand that was featured in the game the day I won.

To claim the prize, it is necessary to (electronically) sign a fairly comprehensive agreement, allowing the promoter worldwide use of one's name etc.

Congrats to IMH and NJKen. Assuming IMH is in Germany and NJKen is in NJ, or at least the US, and other anecdotal evidence, it still seems more likely winners outside the U.S. are dong better than us here in the U.S. Still, NJKen is keeping our U.S.-based hopes alive!
​​​​​​​Only 50 point wins for me so far...
IMH likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer
Imagine that back in the day when horses were a really, really big deal to most everyone, and you gave one of yours as a gift to someone (wedding present or whatever). And they immediately started checking its teeth (looking it in the mouth) to see just how old/healthy/valuable the gift horse really was. Pretty ungrateful, no?

Congrats, btw!
Thank you!

I love useless information like this. I felt silly the other day after I told my son to get his elbows off the table and he asked why is it not proper. I had to google the origin and I was amazed of the reason.

Cheers.
That would be the best case scenario for me.

Originally Posted by Marriott15
Tax should be around $330 for that winning! Still worth paying for getting 4 free nights! Better find a hotel that is normally 200-300 a night to make it worth your while! You can refuse to accept it if you don't want to pay the tax!
I will definitely try to make full use of the $2k+ that the prize is valued at. I have been looking at places in the $400-$500 Euro range. While the amount of tax is annoying, the trip will be so worth it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.