Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

JW Marriott - New Orleans, LA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

Doing a search, was quite surprised to find that we don't have a master thread for the JW Marriott in New Orleans. Questions, reviews, are buried in the family thread or comparison threads. Since it just finished a renovation, thought it would be a good time to start a master thread.

Hotel website. Cat 5. Has an exec lounge which is open daily for breakfast & soft drinks, etc, but full evening offerings are Sunday eve-Thurs eve.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...t-new-orleans/

"Experience the refined luxury and one-of-a-kind style of JW Marriott New Orleans. Immersed in the world-famous French Quarter, our hotel is just moments away from Jackson Square, the French Market and the New Orleans Convention Center. Discover the unique culture of NOLA from our ideally located hotel. Dance your way through Bourbon Street, or rediscover history at the National WWII Museum. After exploring the city or business, ensure a restful night's sleep in the Big Easy. Our newly reimagined rooms and suites boast luxury bedding, marble bathrooms and ergonomic workspaces. Reserve an Executive Level room to enjoy exclusive access to our hotel's new Executive Lounge. Savor seared-to-perfection steaks at Fogo de Chão, keep your workout routine at our fitness center or take a refreshing swim in our saltwater pool while enjoying fantastic city views."

Marriott press release re: renovations:

JW Marriott New Orleans Unveils Luxurious Renovations | Marriott News Center

"JW Marriott, part of Marriott International, Inc., today announced the highly-anticipated completion of JW Marriott New Orleans’ massive renovation, which includes an extensive transformation to all 494 guestrooms, seven suites and public spaces. The hotel’s restoration embraces the culture and vivacity of The Big Easy while providing JW Marriott’s sophisticated and self-assured guests with the highest degree of luxury service and accommodations." Details in press release.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Exec lounge:

Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Old Oct 10, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The hotel layout means about a third of the rooms are oversized corner rooms. I never failed to get upgraded to one of these rooms as an old-gold, and I'll bet even new-golds get assigned those rooms frequently.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:23 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Any tips for self-parking in this area? I'll be here for three nights in January. Probably won't use the car much so if it's a few blocks that's fine.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:32 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Might be the first JW we try. Was considering the Ritz but this actually may be nicer.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 4:05 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by damon88
Might be the first JW we try. Was considering the Ritz but this actually may be nicer.
Definitely not nicer than the ritz, it's not even on the same playing field honestly. The ritz is far from a fantastic Ritz, but its definitely the best game in town until the 4 seasons opens. I feel like this would just be a regular Marriott had there not already been one across the street, it's not on par with most other JW's although when I was there last time they were remodeling some of the rooms.

Many years ago this was a meridian and it was very nice then.
damon88 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by pvn
Any tips for self-parking in this area? I'll be here for three nights in January. Probably won't use the car much so if it's a few blocks that's fine.
Did you find anything, I need to have a car but considering staying here. There's some cheap parking 15 minute walk but I'll be with a 7 year old so that doesn't work. A few places seem to have in-out for $20/day which isn't awful.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:51 pm
pvn
Suspended

I haven't found anything yet but haven't really looked yet either.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 4:33 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
This is one of the properties excluded from providing breakfast in the restaurant when the lounge is closed. Are there any reports of this actually happening in practice, maybe during special events such as Mardi Gras?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by Saidoh
This is one of the properties excluded from providing breakfast in the restaurant when the lounge is closed. Are there any reports of this actually happening in practice, maybe during special events such as Mardi Gras?
I'm considering booking this for a stay at the end of May/early June. I would like to know what to expect regarding breakfast for plats.

Thanks!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You should check out the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...worldwide.html sticky thread. Looks like the last update for the JW was about a year ago. Maybe someone can chime in with a post-merger update.

I just checked Tripadvisor and there is a post there about 2 days ago stating that the hotel lists weekend lounge hours from 7:30am-11am. So assuming that is correct, it would seem they do offer the lounge breakfast most weekend mornings.

Last edited by hhoope01; Jan 2, 2019 at 12:32 pm
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Lounge hours:

BTW, when they say it closes at 10, they mean it. You can't get in to just grab a couple of water bottles like you can in many places.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
As a Platinum, for the same price ($200), would you choose the JW Marriott or the Saint Autograph?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.